Best XP items?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Teyana
Novice Crafter

Best XP items?

Post by Teyana » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 am

I remember, when I did my first run at crafting a LONG time ago (pre-NGE) there were lists of which items to craft that gave the most XP. Does anyone still know of them, specifically for Tailors?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:01 am

Well, I would point you to our schematic data base, but the exp portion is often left blank. The old .com site probably has a more complete data base, and it can be viewed by profession, which ours cant yet. Unfortunately, the exp gained stats may be out of date there.

Its been a long, long time since I was a tailor, but I do recall making lots of "Ribbed Shirts" when I felt I had to grind tailor levels. When "grinding" its not just about "what gives me the most exp?", you are also looking for schematics that have fewer resources, thus fewer "clicks" to fill the schematic when running your crafting macro. Also any schematic that requires factory run subcomponants is terrible for grinding exp, since you get no exp for anything made in a factory.

Remember, as a Domestics Trader in the NGE now, you are also a Chef. It could very well be that the best thing for you to "grind" is a chef schematic. Maybe someone who is actually a Domestic Trader will be along soon to give you better info then I can.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:28 am

Large glasses and then Casks when you get to them, yes they also take factory crates of Trim but gives the bet bang for the buck. But me too, it was ages since I leveled my Tailor. Many Traders level at Structure (still good though the Gungan Heads are at some level 80+ now) and respec to Domestics. Cheating? Yes! :)
/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:26 am

Wow Z, we must be getting soft in our old age. Neither one of us said anything about the dangers of "grinding to master" and never learning your profession. Then YOU suggest they respect to Structures where the grind is easier. :shock:

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:34 am

Zimoon wrote:Large glasses and then Casks when you get to them, yes they also take factory crates of Trim but gives the bet bang for the buck. But me too, it was ages since I leveled my Tailor.
/Zimoon
Yes this is definitely the best route for grinding domestics. Though how dare you suggest respecing :p
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Best XP items?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:55 am

Teyana wrote:I remember, when I did my first run at crafting ...
No, but I read this and this guy has already mastered once. Hopefully not by speed-grinding at that time.
I am not totally against speed-grinding, just not newbies or n00bs :P

/Z

Teyana
Novice Crafter

Post by Teyana » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:58 am

Where is that schematics database?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:35 am

Teyana wrote:Where is that schematics database?
At the top of this page, click "Public Development Site". This will take you to the front page of this site. Click on "Find Resources".

Thats not right, how about clicking on "View Schematics". Sorry about that.
Last edited by Savacc on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teyana
Novice Crafter

Post by Teyana » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:27 am

Ah. Thanks.