Not being able to craft what the profession guide says I can

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

gnikeeg
Novice Crafter

Not being able to craft what the profession guide says I can

Post by gnikeeg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 am

Hi

Im new to SWG and have gone on the path to architect, that being said I was hoping to do a little in ship building. I am level 26 with a starship crafting tool and general starship crafting station. But I still can not build dunelizard chassis. I think I read somewhere that some builds need a private crafting station to build. Is that right and if so, is this one of them.

Im sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

gnikeeg

ps: I do have a paid account

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Not being able to craft what the profession guide says I

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi and welcome gnikeeg, very welcome :)

Your suspicion is absolutely correct, if the complexity is high enough you need a "Private Crafting Station".

You'd better have a look at the Beginners' Guide for Traders in the General Crafting forum. The guide is not really meant to be read in one batch but do at least skim through it and then use it as an encyclopedia all the time. What is not written in that guide is not generic information but is elite or aligned for the particular crafter profession 8)

Private Crafting Stations are crafted by Architects, but I believe you have some way to go yet, right?
So, because it is a furniture and everyone can use it if they can just enter the building, try visiting a few player malls or city halls, often players put some for public use there :)

Good luck

/Zimoon

gnikeeg
Novice Crafter

Post by gnikeeg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks Zimoon

gnikeeg

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 am

You should have gained the schematics for making Crafting Stations at Lvl 18, so you can make your own Starship Crafting Station. :D You will need a house to place it in, either your own, or a friends house that you have admin rights on. You will not have the optional subcomponants for the crafting Station, but you wont need to worry about those yet. The subcomponants can improve the quality of the Crafting Station, but you will want to wait till you are Lvl 90 to start making top quality Stations anyway. For now, just make any old Station and practice making chassis and other stuff.

Z's idea about using the Crafting Stations in someone else's house is good advise. I just wanted to point out you are high enough as an Architect to make your own.