not getting it..

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

bebeleet
Novice Crafter

not getting it..

Post by bebeleet » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Ive read the guides and apparently Im not understanding something when comes to resource quality...

I was thinking about collecting some resources to trade for some BM work. Pulled up current resources on Bria and dont see a single resource with two correct stats that will average out to 961.

Am I missing something?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: not getting it..

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:59 pm

No, you are not missing anything. Resources spawn and despawn and eventally it will spawn wit the stats you want, there is no guarantee anything will be in spawn with the stats you need at the moment. It s all random. I fact, some galaxies are still, after 5 years since game was launched, waiting for that uber spawn of something.

While most of the seasoned player base consider this a challenging mini-game in the game, yes it can be frustrating for rookies having to wait for something.

This topic is better and more exhaustive in http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 1649#p1649

Finally, welcome here and have a great stay :D

/Zimoon

bebeleet
Novice Crafter

Post by bebeleet » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:48 pm

I can totally understand not having exact thing a person is looking for. But... to not have a suitable resources out of a list of 29 I checked for just seemed unreal so I figured Im overlooking something in how system works.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 pm

bebeleet wrote:
Am I missing something?
I'm asking myself that everyday since I became a trader a year ago :lol:

I've pestered the people in this forum with questions til they must be tired of me, printed out a half a dozen guides, and accosted people in-game with queries.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 pm

bebeleet wrote:I can totally understand not having exact thing a person is looking for. But... to not have a suitable resources out of a list of 29 I checked for just seemed unreal so I figured Im overlooking something in how system works.
While it might seem odd these things can happen. Consider that the common lifespan is 6 to 11 days and there are new spawns every day you will soon find something decent. If you really want to get a hard time, go Domestic Chef an watch out for certain Tatooinian flora, not only must it be exactly the correct resource class, they have a longer average lifespan too, end they never spawn two of the same in parallel ;)

Metal is easy to get good stats for, but you still need some patience.

On the other hand, we have people like Wrackspurt ho spurted to a wrack'd state due to the complexity of crafting :P ;)

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:39 pm

*ahem*

"A Wrackspurt - they're invisible, they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she said. "I thought I felt one zooming around in here." - Luna Lovegood

Good thing we don't have mistletoe in SWG, or we'd have nargles too.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 pm

wrackspurt wrote:*ahem*

"A Wrackspurt - they're invisible, they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she said. "I thought I felt one zooming around in here." - Luna Lovegood

:D

/Z

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am

What an easy game this would be if resources with stats of 960+ were always in spawn. It would be something like WoW crafting. :roll:

You may have to wait months, even years, for those ubber resources with 960+ in the stats you want. Z is correct that some servers have never seen some of these ubber resources. On Eclipse we are still waiting for a High Grade Poly Radioactive with 960+ OQ and PE. When a resource like that does spawn, you mine the heck out of it, because it may be months, or years, before a simular resource spawns again.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Ah, so that's why that one guy on Eclipse puts out mining contracts for 2million units at a time.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:53 am

wrackspurt wrote:Ah, so that's why that one guy on Eclipse puts out mining contracts for 2million units at a time.
Its also how SWG gets me to keep a second account with 3 toons so I can have 9 more elites down on the good stuff. It doesn't spawn often so ya gotta be ready!

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Zimoon wrote:

/Z
And Z, just for you, I happen to work in a used bookstore, and so I've included some of the typical questions I get to make you feel better about all the questions I ask:

1) Do the cats live here?
2) Have you read all these books? (this is likely an attempt at humor, but I get it all the time..we have 600,000)
3) Is there any other furniture for sale? (none of the furniture is for sale or says it is)
4) "I'm looking for a book. I don't who wrote it or what it's called, but it's about a horse. Could you help me?"
5) This book was $4.95 in 1969, why I can't I have it at that price now? (and usually downright angry about this)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:57 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

/Z
And Z, just for you, I happen to work in a used bookstore, and so I've included some of the typical questions I get to make you feel better about all the questions I ask:

1) Do the cats live here?
2) Have you read all these books? (this is likely an attempt at humor, but I get it all the time..we have 600,000)
3) Is there any other furniture for sale? (none of the furniture is for sale or says it is)
4) "I'm looking for a book. I don't who wrote it or what it's called, but it's about a horse. Could you help me?"
5) This book was $4.95 in 1969, why I can't I have it at that price now? (and usually downright angry about this)
/Z