Request to add SWG Beyond server

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

SWGBeyond
Novice Crafter

Request to add SWG Beyond server

Post by SWGBeyond » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:32 am

Name: SWG Beyond
Game Version: NGE
Folder Name: SWG Beyond

Newly launched NGE server. A lot of players have highly requested we join this site.

Look forward to your response,

Thanks!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Request to add SWG Beyond server

Post by Savacc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 am

Two questions before I add you
Are you sure there is a space between SWG and Beyond in the folder name?
Are you going to be on Galaxy Harvester? If yes, it would be best to wait so I can get your GH id.

SWGBeyond
Novice Crafter

Post by SWGBeyond » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:49 pm

1. SWGBeyond without a space is okay. I've noticed none of the other servers are using a space.

2. We are currently pending approval on Galaxy Harvester. Not sure if I can get you the ID while we are still in the approval process. If I can I will get you that information.

Thanks for the quick response!

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 am

What we need is the "name" of the server in the profiles folder of the SWG folder on your hard drive. This is used by SWGAide.

Once you are on GH I can get your GH id. The issue for me is, once I add your server, I can't find a way to edit the info to change your GH id from none to whatever. I either do not know how, or do not have sufficient permission, or both.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 am

I have an edit button now, thanks Sobuno.

I have added your server. You can start reporting resources and using the features of SWGAide

Let me know when you are on GH. We update from GH twice a day, so resources reported there will be added here as well, with some delay.

At the bottom of every page (except the forums) is a toggle for pre-CU or NGE mode. Once set, it should stay for every page until changed. I don't recall what it starts as by default.

SWGBeyond
Novice Crafter

Post by SWGBeyond » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

We're now on Galaxy Harvester as SWG Beyond [NGE]

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 am

You are edited and should be getting updated from GH starting tomorrow. It looks like the same number of resources are on GH as are here, so if the same person is updating GH and here, this feature is not going to help you much, but you have it now.
If a resource says it was reported by "swgparser" that means it came from our GH feed.

Now that you (SWGBeyond) have had three posts approved, you have direct posting privileges, you don't have to wait for me to approve your posts anymore. We do that to keep spam in check. Today I had 1843 new posts waiting for approval. Yours is the only one I approved. If there are 100 or fewer posts waiting for approval I will look through them, otherwise I only check to see if recent threads have new posts and ignore the rest. Actually, I am the only one who sees those posts anymore and if I turn off moderator mode I don't see them either.