Help With SWGAide please

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ziso
Novice Crafter

Help With SWGAide please

Post by ziso » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi

I have been updating Farstars section for a few months now, but have been doing it the long way, by writing everything down then entering so thought it was time i learn how to use SWGAide.

I installed it ok, sent off my ISD's, got reports back and did /mailsave and had confirmation they had been saved.

(Thanks to Maninspace on Farstar also for PM a walkthrough guide)

When i click on SWGAide though i get the message "Problems reading some mail headers" "see the logs/mail-error text for details" and when i get into SWGAide and click on Main, then ISD, nothing shows up in the resources boxes.

I have tried making new folders, deleting and re-doing, but i get this message all the time.

I really really want to make this work for me to be able to help more on Farstar section

Any ideas?

thanks
ziso

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Help With SWGAide please

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 pm

ziso wrote:Hi

I have been updating Farstars section for a few months now, but have been doing it the long way, by writing everything down then entering so thought it was time i learn how to use SWGAide.

I installed it ok, sent off my ISD's, got reports back and did /mailsave and had confirmation they had been saved.

(Thanks to Maninspace on Farstar also for PM a walkthrough guide)

When i click on SWGAide though i get the message "Problems reading some mail headers" "see the logs/mail-error text for details" and when i get into SWGAide and click on Main, then ISD, nothing shows up in the resources boxes.

I have tried making new folders, deleting and re-doing, but i get this message all the time.

I really really want to make this work for me to be able to help more on Farstar section

Any ideas?

thanks
ziso
So what does the logs/mail-error text say?
Are there any entry in the other two log files?
You may e-mail me them to at simongronlund some-curly-sign-here gmail dot com. But I cannot say until I have seen them. Some error are spelled out in detail in the mail log file, others are harder to describe.

Do you use Vista or XP? If in Vista you must run in admin mode, not in plain user mode. We are aware of that limitation and will try to find a solution.

/Zimoon

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
Ill have a look tonight, after work. I do have Vista so ill check the settings on that also.

thanks
ziso

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 am

ziso wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
Ill have a look tonight, after work. I do have Vista so ill check the settings on that also.

thanks
ziso
About the red part, it is not about settings but if you log in as user vs. admin. Unfortunately.
/Zimoon

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Not sure if my email got through as had it bounded back by Aol so copy and pasted here:

Hi Zimoon

I have installed SWGAide and am in administrators mode, but when i try and log on i get the following message "problem reading some mail headers" and when i click okay to continue and click on the ISDroid folder, nothing appears in the boxes.
I know people use the site fine, so i know its a problem with me/my computer but ive tried everythingi could think of.

Other info:
I have windows vista, home premium. My Java is Java Standard Edition 6. Version 6 update 7, which was updated automatically on 13/10.

Sorry to be a pain, and i love swgcraft and hope to get around my problem so i can update it even more. Thanks for all your hard work on it and the patience with me on this.

Ziso
The log file is as follows:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks for the logs. I asked you to mail them to me for a reason, now I hope nobody scrutinized the logs and read some sensitive data. If they did, don't use it!!! 8)

I will have a look soonish and get back to you tomorrow.

/Zimoon

Zanex
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAID in vista how to

Post by Zanex » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:41 am

I'm a bit late :(

SWGAID in Vista, this is what I did.

Download the jar file into an empty folder as per directions.
Right click jar file, properties:
Security tab: EDIT

Make sure Authenticated users, system, administrators, users have each box “checked”
Full Control
Modify
Read & Execute
Read
Write
Click ok, apply, ok to close

Go to:
C:/program files/sony/starwarsgalaxies (yours may be different)

Right click Profiles, properties
Security tab: EDIT

As above, make sure all users (click each one) Owner, System, Admin, User, TrustedInstaller, all have full access (fill all the boxes with a check) hit apply, ok, ok again to close

Remember, when updating SWGAID, download the jar file. Delete your old jar file (in your SWGCRAFT folder, and insert the new one. Leave all the other files alone that are in the folder.

If it is updated any other way, you may have problems and need to perform a fresh install.

Hope this helps

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:16 am

Thanks Aesop, my son just got a new computer, with Vista, so now I might test this and see if there are easier ways around this. If I ever get a chance to find a time when he is not playing with the machine ;)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:07 pm

One of my best friends in game had a look and confirmed that using SWGAide in Microsoft Vista should work just you do as Aesop wrote.

However, you don't really need to set the permissions for the StarWarsGalaxies folder to "Full Control", it suffices with "Modify" which automagically sets the permissions to Read/Write. So, what you do depends on your level of security thinking.

I will add a blurb to the SWGAide README file. Then I believe all worries we have had with Vista is settled, users can set the proper permissions to the JAR file and to the StarWarsGalaxies folder. That should be done prior to launching SWGAide the very first time.

Thanks a lot Aesop, much appreciated.

/Zimoon

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Thank you ever so much Aesop and Zimoon

Glad to say, i followed instructions and got it to work and tonight used ISD's for the 1st ever time and updated the Farstar site on resources. Got 600 more ISD's in factories being made, and the swgaide tool makes it so so much easier than hand writing stuff twice.

thanks all

ziso

Gwreng
Novice Crafter

Post by Gwreng » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Doesn't see SWG Folders

Howdy,

I just installed SWGAide on Windows XP 64bit and SWG has installed to the Program Files (x86) folder and SWG can't see the folder structure. I was wondering if there is a way I can get around this?

Thanks,
Gwreng

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:27 pm

simple... move the SWGAide folder to the same folder as your SWG install... update the shortcut to launch if necessary.

:)

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 am

If you have Windows Vista you may want to change the security permissions. But I think TT's reply covers that ;)

/Zimoon

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 am

None of this seemed to work for me. I set permissions for Everyone to Read&Execute on both (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\) and (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\SWGAide\SWGAide.jar). SWGAide is still not able to find any account info.

Here, by the way is the location is the real files that SWGAide is unable to get to. (C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles\)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am

dharh wrote:None of this seemed to work for me. I set permissions for Everyone to Read&Execute on both (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\) and (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\SWGAide\SWGAide.jar). SWGAide is still not able to find any account info.

Here, by the way is the location is the real files that SWGAide is unable to get to. (C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles\)
This was the one I thought of. I have not run SWG on Vista yet, but several in my guild have and they are using SWG + SWGAide without a hitch. I will ask my guildies to post a "guide" here on exactly how to use SWG on Vista to avoid this trouble, and then also mention exactly what it takes to make SWGAide work without problem. I am sorry you have this trouble.
/Zimoon