How do I stop a macro?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
dew1960
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 am

How do I stop a macro?

Post by dew1960 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Ok, I know this has got to be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer in my options for the game and a search of 'stop macro' turns up no results on the forum, so I gotta ask this question:

How do I stop a macro?

I copied a sampling macro and it works great but how can I turn it off when I am done, other than logging out of the game?

I am new to SWG and I love to craft, I appreciate the help. Thank you.

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Sobuno » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:55 pm

I think it's /dump that stops all your running macros

dew1960
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 am

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by dew1960 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks, that works!

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:02 pm

And welcome to here, a new face at the block, cool :D

/Zimoon

dew1960
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 am

How do I hire a vendor?

Post by dew1960 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:50 pm

OK, I have +vendor and +hiring skills, but I still have no idea how to hire an NPC to sell stuff for me. Can I hire a vendor to sell out of my small Tatoonie House? A freind gave me 2 merchant tents but when I try to use them, I get a message that I need Structure skills or something to place it.

Well, I am learning the droid engineering stuff so eventually I think I will be able to make droid vendors, right?

I have no money now, but lots of stuff and extra resources to sell If I can figure out how to sell more than just via the BAzaar terminal.

I guess I should go do some collection quests or pilot quests to make some extra credits.

I love this site, a lot of useful information here. Thank you all for the help!

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Go read the Beginners Guide for Traders in this very forum board, next to this thread. It has a chapter named Merchandise :)

That guide also has many other interesting points, and in spite of its name it should be used whenever to lookup details.

Have fun

/Zimoon

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 pm

From the radial dial on your structure control device, there will be the option to "Create Vendor". From there you'll have choices as to what kind you want depending on what level you are.

Legacy missions are good for extra credits, but also make sure you check the bazaar for what's available and not. You may be able to make money off whatever you can create. Higher level, more experienced traders often don't bother to make the small stuff, and even if they do, they put it on their own vendors. But people appreciate convenience, and would much rather buy from the bazaar, even it means higher prices. If you can make swoops yet, those are big sellers. I sell'em for 10k, and they go like wildfire.

dew1960
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 am

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by dew1960 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:04 pm

wrackspurt wrote:From the radial dial on your structure control device, there will be the option to "Create Vendor". From there you'll have choices as to what kind you want depending on what level you are.

Legacy missions are good for extra credits, but also make sure you check the bazaar for what's available and not. You may be able to make money off whatever you can create. Higher level, more experienced traders often don't bother to make the small stuff, and even if they do, they put it on their own vendors. But people appreciate convenience, and would much rather buy from the bazaar, even it means higher prices. If you can make swoops yet, those are big sellers. I sell'em for 10k, and they go like wildfire.
How do you get the 'Legacy' quest line as a trader? I talked to the Mayor, the animal control person, but none of the dialogue options give me the start to the quest. I assumed it was not available for traders.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:22 am

dew1960 wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:From the radial dial on your structure control device, there will be the option to "Create Vendor". From there you'll have choices as to what kind you want depending on what level you are.

Legacy missions are good for extra credits, but also make sure you check the bazaar for what's available and not. You may be able to make money off whatever you can create. Higher level, more experienced traders often don't bother to make the small stuff, and even if they do, they put it on their own vendors. But people appreciate convenience, and would much rather buy from the bazaar, even it means higher prices. If you can make swoops yet, those are big sellers. I sell'em for 10k, and they go like wildfire.
How do you get the 'Legacy' quest line as a trader? I talked to the Mayor, the animal control person, but none of the dialogue options give me the start to the quest. I assumed it was not available for traders.
There is no way to do the Legacy as a Trader. After the initial Trader quests you are at your own :(
The guide I referred to has a chapter to get you started.

/Zimoon

User avatar
Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:45 am
Location: Serenity Farm

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zbignew » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:17 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Legacy missions are good for extra credits, but also make sure you check the bazaar for what's available and not.
While your checking, make notes about what items are priced at so you can be competitive.
wrackspurt wrote: If you can make swoops yet, those are big sellers. I sell'em for 10k, and they go like wildfire.
Your price may vary, different servers seem to have different markets. I get 20k for swoops on Flurry and have no trouble moving them. (at 20k you're only getting 2.5 cpu, not much more than grind resources, you might as well just sell the resources if they move). There is also a market for small quantities of resources on the bazaar that can be sold for less than the 20k cap. Good luck and welcome.
Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:47 pm

dew1960 wrote: How do you get the 'Legacy' quest line as a trader? I talked to the Mayor, the animal control person, but none of the dialogue options give me the start to the quest. I assumed it was not available for traders.
I just talked to Vourk outside the Mos Eisley spaceport and he got me started on the Legacy missions, and this character has never been respecced, a DE since Tansarii station.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
dew1960 wrote: How do you get the 'Legacy' quest line as a trader? I talked to the Mayor, the animal control person, but none of the dialogue options give me the start to the quest. I assumed it was not available for traders.
I just talked to Vourk outside the Mos Eisley spaceport and he got me started on the Legacy missions, and this character has never been respecced, a DE since Tansarii station.
Aha, there is a loophole :twisted:
/Zimoon

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: How do I stop a macro?

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:55 pm

I know, it was confusing to me for a long time too. They don't tell Traders to go talk to Vourk, but you still can. I guess they really don't expect us to do the Legacy missions, which is silly because Traders have the highest start up costs. Though I remember trying to kill those swoopers with my very first trader at about 5th level (cause I left Tansarii too soon) and getting smoked every time. Didn't understand the difference between crafting xp and combat xp in those days.

User avatar
Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:33 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Onyx » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:
dew1960 wrote: How do you get the 'Legacy' quest line as a trader? I talked to the Mayor, the animal control person, but none of the dialogue options give me the start to the quest. I assumed it was not available for traders.
I just talked to Vourk outside the Mos Eisley spaceport and he got me started on the Legacy missions, and this character has never been respecced, a DE since Tansarii station.
Aha, there is a loophole :twisted:
/Zimoon
Heh.

Not a loophole though. All characters start the Legacy quest with Vourk :) If you are below CL10, Vourk then sends you to the mayor to do quests until you hit level 10 when you are instructed to go back to Vourk and can start legacy.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: How do I stop a macr?

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Onyx wrote:Heh.

Not a loophole though. All characters start the Legacy quest with Vourk :) If you are below CL10, Vourk then sends you to the mayor to do quests until you hit level 10 when you are instructed to go back to Vourk and can start legacy.
What should I do without you, O?

Live in total ignorance! 8)

/Z

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests