Assembly question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

peri
Novice Crafter

Assembly question

Post by peri » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 am

Gretings!!!

What Skills or stats do i need, to increase my chance getting an "Amazing" when assembling?

Luck?
Food assembling?

And how much do i ca. need?

Please help me i crafted today 40 single thakitillos, waiting for the amazing one, to start the factory....

peri

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Assembly question

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:14 am

You seem to be confussing some terminology. If you have not read Z's Guide you should before going any further. http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... ?f=6&t=460

There are two phases of crafting, Assembly and Experimentation. Assembly is the phase where you choose which resources to use and "assemble" a raw product. Your Assembly Skill is used to determine your level of success. Traders of "master level" are virtually guarenteed to get either a "great" or "amazing" assembly success. It is Important to note that there is NO DIFFERENCE between "great" and "amazing" sucesses in Assembly. In cases where quality does not matter, such as clothing and furniture, the raw "assembled" product is good enough and you can skip the next step and just make the assembled item.

The second phase of crafting is Experimentation. This takes the raw "assembled" item and improves (hopefully) on it by spending "Experimentation Points". You gain an "Experimentation Point" for every 10 points of Experimentation Skill gained through base skill, experitze, and skill attachments. Experimentation Skill gained from Bespin Port or the city improvemnet, Research City, do not give extra "Experimentation Points" but we do believe they count towards the Experimentation outcome. After choosing how many Experimentation Points to spend, your Experimentation Skill is used to determine an outcome. Again, a master crafter will almost allways get either a "great" or "amazing", but in experimantation those results are different. Each "great" result adds 7% per experimentation point spent to the final outcome. Each "amazing" adds 8.05%.

Luck in crafting is another issue. What is known for sure is that Crafters can get a <Lucky> Amazing result in assembly or experimentation. In assembly its just a normal amazing result, but in experimentation a <Lucky> Amazing adds 8.4% instead of 8.05%. Having more Luck increases your chance of getting these "Lucky Breaks". Some crafters feel that Luck helps give them more regular "amazing" results too. This has yet to be documented to everyone's satisfaction.

I have recently seen a debate in the Munitions Forum of SOE that disputes what Im about to say, but Im sure that every crafter here will agree that increasing your Experimentation Skill will increase your chances of getting more "amazing" results in experimentation. This means a master gets more amazings then a non master, expertise gives more amazings then not having it, a "crafting suit" with at least +20 experimentation skill, gives more amazings then without, drinking Bespin Port gives more amazings then temperance, and living in a Research City gives more amazings then not. Do all these and you max your chances of getting the amazing results you want for your factory schematics.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:28 am

Everything replied to I believe :)

As Savacc said, it looks as if you never went into the experimentation phase. Do you really use a Food and Chemical crafting tool while standing close to a Food and Chemical crafting station, public or private?? Then you should have another screen after the assembly that allows you to experiment.

Use a crafting tool the closer to 15.00 the better. It is believed that a private crafting station closer to 45.00 is better, but that is under debate and probably anything above 30-35 is OK.

Next, I would experiment in a player city that has Research City specialization. If you don't know about that, cross the city border and the specialization is read with the city's name in the system message. Next I would buy Bespin Port and drink one sip per experimentation dice roll (I know, the reading on it is confusing, but it is one sip per dice roll and that one dice roll must be done within about 15 minutes).

Finally, a warm welcome to this site Peri :D

/Zimoon

peri
Novice Crafter

Post by peri » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:14 am

HI ! :)

perhaps unlucky written, i know about experimentation, i have an 13pt expsuit.

But I wanna know how to get more assembly amazings, or doesnt they influence the quality of the food?

im like stuck on 24,9 at Bespin port! Would i get over the 25 when i hit an amazing success?

Peri

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:52 pm

peri wrote:HI ! :)

But I wanna know how to get more assembly amazings, or doesnt they influence the quality of the food?

im like stuck on 24,9 at Bespin port! Would i get over the 25 when i hit an amazing success?

Peri
Nope, great and amazing are equal during the initial assembly phase and does not provide further to the end result. Let me put it this way:

When you start the crafting process and click ASSEMBLE, what result do you get then? A great or amazing? 28% or 29%?

When you experiment, when you cannot experiment further, do you still have any experimentation boxes to spend?

I rather believe it is one of your resources that sets the cap for you. The assembly phase almost never has an impact unless you hit a failure.

/Zimoon

peri
Novice Crafter

Post by peri » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:14 pm

ok, thanks :)

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Peri
Just to be clear, are you at Bespin Port (the starport) or are you drinking Bespin Port (the food that boosts abilities)? It may make a difference.
/Ibaum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Ibaum wrote:Just to be clear, are you at Bespin Port (the starport) or are you drinking Bespin Port (the food that boosts abilities)? It may make a difference.
I guess dear Ibaum forgot at least one smiley here ;) :P

/Zimoon

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:47 am

Ibaum wrote:

Peri
Just to be clear, are you at Bespin Port (the starport) or are you drinking Bespin Port (the food that boosts abilities)? It may make a difference.
The assembly roll or experimentation doesn't effect the maximum possible for the food, just how likely you are to reach that maximum. If you have perfect resources you usually need one amazing roll to hit 100% quality, but not always.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Feralmonkey wrote:
Ibaum wrote:

Peri
The assembly roll or experimentation doesn't effect the maximum possible for the food, just how likely you are to reach that maximum. If you have perfect resources you usually need one amazing roll to hit 100% quality, but not always.
For foods/drinks you don't even need an amazing success experimentation to hit 100%. There are some items in other professions where that holds true, but for foods/drinks it's strictly about resources.

Peri, if you post the stats on the ingredients you are using for the Bespin Port, the nutritional bonus value of your additives, as well as the stats of the resources you are using for your additive tissues, I can tell you which is holding you back. And no, an amazing assembly is not going to get you to 25 if you are getting 24.9 now.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator