Issues with Current (dev) Site

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Issues with Current (dev) Site

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:56 pm

As we are nearing launch, I thought it would be a good idea to make a new edition of this thread.

First, a few things to know:
The "View Skill Wheel" feature has been put on hold for now to focus on more important things. We do need a page to see what box you get at what level though, so I'll be making a page like that soon (View Product Catelogue). This is how far the skill wheel got. Note: The feature is on hold, not dropped
The "RE Guide" should contain guides for Reverse Engineering. Anyone fancy writing such guides? Thanks goes out to Feralmonkey
We also need data for "Food & Drink Charts"
The "Tools" section is either going to be copied from SWGCraft.com (It's JavaScript) or we are going to make our own.

What to post in here:
Anything that has to do with the development site such as:
Missing features (As in features that were on the original site)
Broken features
Wanted features
etc.

Post away!
Last edited by Sobuno on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:22 pm

I just love that look, perfect :!:

Over time it would be awesome to get Skills and Abilities added to the things you get as well, along with descriptions.

Kudos to your great work :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:27 pm

My greatest thanks for "the ugly check boxes" :D

These will make life a lot easier for future devoted resources stat subimtters. May I ask if they also make one resource unavailable on all planets it may be found at? As the links are supposed to do?

Again, thanks for your great work. You guys always amazes me the most )D

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Zimoon wrote:My greatest thanks for "the ugly check boxes" :D

These will make life a lot easier for future devoted resources stat subimtters. May I ask if they also make one resource unavailable on all planets it may be found at? As the links are supposed to do?

Again, thanks for your great work. You guys always amazes me the most )D
The multi-unavailable (As I have it nicknamed in the code :P) does exactly the same changes to the database as the links do, except doing it through a foreach of some sort :)

In other words, yes :) And I just changed the link so they are only by the resource name instead of in every line... And threw an optimized version of the current resources page public now, so see if stuff is missing there too :)
Last edited by Sobuno on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:46 pm

Zimoon wrote:I just love that look, perfect :!:

Over time it would be awesome to get Skills and Abilities added to the things you get as well, along with descriptions.

Kudos to your great work :D
The reason for it being on hold is the fact that it takes quite a bit of time to make the wheel as it consists of a picture of every level you obtain abilities/schematics/skills at.... So for now, we (Rather I, seeing that I was the one making that page) decided that it would be best to focus elsewhere for the time being (Plus the page could be a bit more optimized)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 pm

Yeah, I kinda did see that and said "over time" :)

Love u guys

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:45 pm

Readded the ability to add multiple resources through the "Add Resources" page

Varousk
Novice Crafter

Post by Varousk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:29 pm

-find resources-

when will it work.

If you are an avid resource gatherer the format of the current resources is horrid.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 pm

SciGuy's Food Chart is completely current (for live). It does not include the changes on test center right now. Once we know what the Bugbash changes are for chef, I'll make sure that updated information is added.

http://home.comcast.net/~sciguyco/swg/FoodChart.htm

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 am

Onyx wrote:SciGuy's Food Chart is completely current (for live). It does not include the changes on test center right now. Once we know what the Bugbash changes are for chef, I'll make sure that updated information is added.

yeah, I've been spending some time working on it, but this guy beat me too it. We could just do a quick, copy-paste (If we have his permission) onto the website.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm

Feralmonkey wrote:
Onyx wrote:SciGuy's Food Chart is completely current (for live). It does not include the changes on test center right now. Once we know what the Bugbash changes are for chef, I'll make sure that updated information is added.

yeah, I've been spending some time working on it, but this guy beat me too it. We could just do a quick, copy-paste (If we have his permission) onto the website.
As far as I know, he's fine with reposts with credit given (he was the second to the chef correspondent prior to Higgins, btw). I'll see if I can get in touch with him.

There's a downloadable excel version on his website too. If copy/paste isn't an option, perhaps just linking to it is.

Ragnash
Novice Crafter

Re: Issues with Current (dev) Site

Post by Ragnash » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Not sure if you know this or not yet, but your Corellian Evergreen Wood in the list is spelled (Corellia Evergreen Wood) needs to have the "n" added.

Also, you have the time when the resource was first discovered but you do not have the time the resource was added on another planet. The resource might have been discovered on Corellia 8 days ago, but might have spawned on Tatooine 3 days ago. You need to have the day that a resource was added on a specific planet seperate from when it was first discovered so you can have an idea when it will despawn.

Hope this helps :)

Ragnash, Sunrunner "The Original Ragnash Moognok"

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Ragnash wrote:Not sure if you know this or not yet, but your Corellian Evergreen Wood in the list is spelled (Corellia Evergreen Wood) needs to have the "n" added.

This is due to the ISD droid mail spelling it this way (AKA working as intended)

Also, you have the time when the resource was first discovered but you do not have the time the resource was added on another planet. The resource might have been discovered on Corellia 8 days ago, but might have spawned on Tatooine 3 days ago. You need to have the day that a resource was added on a specific planet seperate from when it was first discovered so you can have an idea when it will despawn.

Choose "All Planets" or click the resource name

Blå

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Ragnash wrote:Not sure if you know this or not yet, but your Corellian Evergreen Wood in the list is spelled (Corellia Evergreen Wood) needs to have the "n" added.

To enhance on Sobuno's excellent replies :)

I spent an awful lot of time to edit all those resource class names according to how they are spelled in the Interplanetary Survey Droid reports. Names in swgresourcefiles
have their spelling in this order:
  1. ISDroid reports (automation reasons)
  2. In-game schematics (readability)
  3. 30k Veteran Resource Crate (last resort)
Remember that resource class names are not spelled consistently by SOE in SWG.

If you find a case where it is spelled differently from the ISDroid reports and in the XML file linked to, please yell at us. I will immediately rectify the entry in the XML file since it is the base for for example SWGAide and possible for other utilities.[/b][/color]

Remember that a particular resource spawns at all planets it shows up at at the entire galaxy at the same time and it also despawns all over the galaxy at the same time. There can be a small latency due to server synchronization within the galaxy but that is usually less than an hour and negligible. That a resource is reported at different times is a totally different thing and is due to when somebody reports it for that planet. Hence, the report time has nothing to do with its spawning time.

In fact, a resource can have been around for days before somebody discovers it. That does not mean that that particular resource has a lifetime less than the minimum lifetime of 6 days. More details are read in the Beginners guide for Traders in the General Crafting forum, which on these matters is based on "Lunariel's Bible" on resource spawns and resource caps.

Common lifespan for general resources is 6 to 14 days, 10 days on average. JTL resources and Organic resources generally have a lifespan of more than 10 days up to maximum of 22 days.

Red

Welcome about, warmly welcome :D

/Zimoon

furian76
Novice Crafter

Post by furian76 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I am kinda new to looking around the site and clicking things I would normally not even be interested in but...
I was clicking around and I wasn;t sure I should be where I ended up. Am I supposed to be able to change this stuff? Will there be any negative effects?
Attachments
craft.JPG
craft.JPG (183.12 KiB) Viewed 10824 times