Questions about Armor Attachments

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

blackdt
Novice Crafter

Questions about Armor Attachments

Post by blackdt » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 pm

1. Does adding armor attachments to a piece of crafted armor give it a CL requirement?
I'm working on a suit for a level 22 officer, where money is no object, and was thinking of trying to do a complete set with triple 35s, if they could wear it.

2. I read somewhere that attaching a 2-stat SEA to a piece of armor with a single socket would result in the loss of one of the stats. Is this correct?
For example, I have an Ubese helmet with a single socket, and a SEA that adds +35 precision, +30 constitution, and +25 luck. Will it keep all three bonuses if I attach it to the helmet, or will it only keep the precision?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Questions about Armor Attachments

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:56 pm

blackdt wrote:1. Does adding armor attachments to a piece of crafted armor give it a CL requirement?
I'm working on a suit for a level 22 officer, where money is no object, and was thinking of trying to do a complete set with triple 35s, if they could wear it.

2. I read somewhere that attaching a 2-stat SEA to a piece of armor with a single socket would result in the loss of one of the stats. Is this correct?
For example, I have an Ubese helmet with a single socket, and a SEA that adds +35 precision, +30 constitution, and +25 luck. Will it keep all three bonuses if I attach it to the helmet, or will it only keep the precision?
1) I have never heard that adding a SEA to anything would impose a level restriction.

2) Nope, that must be something really old and outdated you read. Nowadays all crafted items that can have and also get a socket in the crafting process has a maximum of one socket, no more than one. A SEA can have up to 3 modifiers and they are not dependent of the socket, just that the item really has one socket.

Recently I learned that pre-Chaper 5 items with sockets doesn't work, they will not accept any SEA. An item with a socket that accepts a SEA has a yellow name at the Bazaar/Vendor screen, that's a sign. Earlier I was under the impression that all pre-Chapter 5 sockets were reduced to only one if there were multiple sockets. But I may be misinformed on the subject of pre-Ch5 socket not working and I have not tested it myself recently.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:17 am

I have put new SEAs into a shirt and armor that were made Pre chapter 5. Both the shirt and armor used to have 4 sockets, but after chapter 5 only had one.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 am

Savacc wrote:I have put new SEAs into a shirt and armor that were made Pre chapter 5. Both the shirt and armor used to have 4 sockets, but after chapter 5 only had one.
I just saw some post at the official forum and realized that all tailor stuff I had at my clearance-sales vendor didn't have the name in yellow as new stuff has. I didn't check if it worked but that may explain why the sales flow was low, people expect the name in yellow for it to work.

'nuff said, SEAs must have one working socket, no more, no less.

/Zimoon

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Savacc wrote:I have put new SEAs into a shirt and armor that were made Pre chapter 5. Both the shirt and armor used to have 4 sockets, but after chapter 5 only had one.
I just saw some post at the official forum and realized that all tailor stuff I had at my clearance-sales vendor didn't have the name in yellow as new stuff has. I didn't check if it worked but that may explain why the sales flow was low, people expect the name in yellow for it to work.

'nuff said, SEAs must have one working socket, no more, no less.

/Zimoon
Yep, I hadn't noticed that myself, however I haven't been making any to share with others either. :mrgreen: