How do I use the MyRes Inventory feature?

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

How do I use the MyRes Inventory feature?

Post by Rommel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:59 pm

I tried to right click on a spawned resource to add it but it says it is missing an id. I'd try to import a list but I don't know the format and can't find it anywhere.

HELP!! :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: How do I use the MyRes Inventory feature?

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I have absolutely no idea.
/Z

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I figured it out.

I was using the resource tree from this site and not swgcraft.com, apparently it has id's different because when I use the .com it list class names in the top left box, but when I use the UK list it list numbers.

It saves now.

I added one and then exported so the format is known.

Code: Select all

#MyRes-Inventory-Export
#Char,Res-Name,Res-Type,Res-ID,Menge,ER,CR,CD,DR,FL,HR,MA,OQ,SR,UT,PE,0
Ickx,Bline,Tatooinian Domesticated Rice,tadrc,389012,0,0,0,70,498,0,0,963,0,0,932,0

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 pm

BTW, I cannot wait till SWGAide has resource tools in it...MyRES is slow, and very crash happy...YARRR!!

SWG Resource Tracker has a nice interface and works well but it lacks the schematic listing abilities of MyRES, actually it has it but it sucks they was it was implemented.

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:16 am

I just dl'd MyResources and I'm not sure how to input my existing inventory either. The snippet of code looks interesting but I'm not sure it applies! I believe I configured to update from .uk but i cant find where/how to input my own stash for comparisons. Im hoping to input them in bulk in the name.class.stats form. It's probably too much to ask for inputting the name.class and MyRes searches the dbase for stats?

p.s. Any way to get MyRes to recognize stats caps and color code accordingly? Love that feature about this site!

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 pm

What I did when I entered in my inventory was use the GUI.
In the menu select Inventory>Edit
Get used to this screen :P
Click create to add a resource

Select your character name
Type in the resource name, and click load data, if it finds the info it will load the stats (I only had issues with creature resources because they are less likely to b reported)
Enter the amount
Save

Here is how I streamlined the process to save me time...
In game I made a note file that had the name and amount of resources
I opened the notes file in windows and made a macro that on a key press copied the name set it as a variable in the macro program and did the same for the amount. Now it went to the myres inventory window and pressed create and pasted the name and pressed load, paused and then added the amount, and finally paused one last time to give me a second to make sure everything was golden and saved.

I'm pretty fast at making macros in RoboTask (my macro program of choice) if you don't have a macro program thats ok, just more clicking.

Here is another trick though, use the import feature like this....

Name,Arausrac,Acidic Asteroid,acid,4443,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Name,Atattoa,Acidic Asteroid,acid,10000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Name,Birethev,Acidic Asteroid,acid,6058,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Name,Coga,Acidic Asteroid,acid,41,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Name,Doame,Acidic Asteroid,acid,161366,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Now when you import it will import all your resources as Acidic Asteroid's. Of course they aren't so you go and double click on one and then click load data, if it finds the resource it will update it's data, then you just press save.

What I would do if using this method is in game I would type a notes file like this...

[Arausrac]4443-
[Atattoa]10000-
[Birethev]6058-
[Coga]41-
[Doame]161366-
Then in wordpad I would use the Find and Replace (CTRL+H) feature to find all "[" and replace them with "Name," and replace all "]" with ",Acidic Asteroid,acid," and finally all "-" with ",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0".
Any unique character(s) will work as long as it doesn't show up in the resource names or amounts.

If you want to type the stats in game thats fine, just remember the format and use the find/replace trick I listed above to minimize your typing.

#Char,Res-Name,Res-Type,Res-ID,Amount,ER,CR,CD,DR,FL,HR,MA,OQ,SR,UT,PE,0

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:37 pm

I think I see. You're giving it a set of false stats and class to force the input, and then forcing MyRes to look for the resource stats by name? Would be nice if it would accept an empty set. I bet Zimoon will do it that way for SWG Aide. :)

I didnt know the syntax for input, that helps very much. Two questions...

-Can the resource type be abreviated as when entering in swgcraft database or should it be spelled to the letter?
-Where do I find a list of 'resource ID' and how it relates to resource type? (never heard of this one! I will dig around some on the forum to see what I can learn but any hints will be appreciated)

Thank you very much, General, sir. /salute

EDIT: Another question!

This is correct? PE seems to be in the wrong place and what's the (zero value) at the end?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:01 pm

Try the swgcraft_id in the resourcetree2.xml file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles

But I think MyRes sorts that out automagically. Enter a resource name such as Rommel showed, edit each one by double clicking them and let MyRes do a try to find the resource. If it fails you can still scroll the long list of resource classes and it will sort itself out again.

Just be careful with MyRes, every single time I do things too rapidly it crashes under my fingers. Just be patient and walk slowly. Especially when it does some downloading and internal updating, that is, as soon as you feel it is working with something.

Normally you should not have to ever bother about id:s and stuff.

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 pm

TimeLorde wrote:EDIT: Another question!

This is correct? PE seems to be in the wrong place and what's the (zero value) at the end?
That looks correct. the trailing zero, I don't know, rather I don't remember but it had some internal meaning. If it was "available" or something. It doesn't show up while importing and MyRes does not crash if you use 1 or so :P

Yes PE is in the wrong place and I don't remember what Wendano once said.

/Z

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Ok. I'll use the false stats method for now, but I get the feeling Im going to have to define some myself and would hope to do that with an input method rather than the GUI. I'll try to learn the resource ID as I go.

The PE stat location in the string and the empty value at the end still bother me, but I will learn acceptance. :P

Thank you both for the help!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:33 pm

If you already have the stats in some Excel format, any spreadsheet, just move around the columns accordingly and fill a last column with 0:s. Then save as CSV. Then you just need to enter the header line and possibly do some search&replace using MS Notepad on the the output file to fix the look&feel.

I follow this closely topic up ideas and seeds that I can use in SWGAide 8)

/Z

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Heheh, the first duralloy I tried to load is not in database by name. In a perfect world, a resource inventory tool would allow input in the exact same format as swgcraft (even from ISDs!), color code in relation to stat caps, and compare itself to existing resource and server bests from archives.

I guess now I have to learn coding in case Zimoon doesn't want to share his masterpiece when its ready!

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Zimoon wrote:Just be patient and walk slowly.
Be one with the Slowsky's
Zimoon wrote:I follow this closely topic up ideas and seeds that I can use in SWGAide
Just remember you said it :P
Do you think you could start a topic that outlines the planned features/ideas for specifically this part of SWGAide?
TimeLorde wrote:I guess now I have to learn coding in case Zimoon doesn't want to share his masterpiece when its ready!
SWGAide is still open source as far as I know, after all it is a jar which you can rename to .zip and open with natively windows.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Rommel wrote:SWGAide is still open source as far as I know, after all it is a jar which you can rename to .zip and open with natively windows.
A JAR does not necessarily contain any source code and does not constitute for open source, it is just a delivery media for compiled Java byte code (class files) and resource files. Most people cannot do much with Java byte code anyway :P

However, I initiated the process to upload SWGAide to SourceForge but have not had time to carry on that process. Yes, it is a process, not only to apply for and get access to the project area but also to package and organize the project so it makes sense to possible new members.

/Zimoon

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I cannot make My Res work at all for managing my inventory. I can get current resources displayed, but I cant input my existing stash or get stat updates on named resources.

I DO get

12029 Cannot Connect

At this point, should I just wait for the mighty SWG Aide? If there were any hints on how to save the entries to SWG Aide from ingame inventory, I could start recording data in /note.