Gunships

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Gunships

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:37 pm

I have just earned, crafted, and flown my first Blacksun Vigo Gunship. 2.93mil mass out of a possible 3mil, not bad I'd say

*happy dance*

Now to become a master of what RE 10 parts to keep an eye out for to trick this bad boy out. Ahh, the months and months of grinding ahead of me, it's going to be great :D
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Gunships

Post by kelsaka » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Congrats :D
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:40 pm

SpaceyDaFrog wrote:Ahh, the months and months of grinding ahead of me, it's going to be great
The accountants at SOE rub their hands in joy :mrgreen:

Congrats dude!!!

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:22 pm

I havent made one yet, could be because I havent gotten my butt out into space to start the collection yet. :roll:

For the most part, you are going to want to put some of the new Gunship parts and POB parts in your new Gunship. Where you are going to want to start looking for lvl 10 loot is for the weapons.

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:14 am

Yeah, I already got it somewhat decked out

Gunship Reactor, Shield, Front and Back Armor, Capacitor with 242 recharge

Mark III Droid Interface with brain upgrade mark III for faster speed

Mark V Overhauled Engine, 111 speed (was hoping for faster, but oh well)

2x Null Bolts in the pilots weapon slots, then level 10 weapons in the rest.

But it's going to take a long long time to gather up 60 lvl 10 Weapons that are worth RE'ing.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:52 am

SpaceyDaFrog wrote:Yeah, I already got it somewhat decked out

Gunship Reactor, Shield, Front and Back Armor, Capacitor with 242 recharge

Mark III Droid Interface with brain upgrade mark III for faster speed

Mark V Overhauled Engine, 111 speed (was hoping for faster, but oh well)

2x Null Bolts in the pilots weapon slots, then level 10 weapons in the rest.

But it's going to take a long long time to gather up 60 lvl 10 Weapons that are worth RE'ing.
How is that set up mass wise? Is it pushing your mass limit, or do you have more room?

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Gratz on completing your collection, a few pointers below you might want to think about

Try to get your cap recharge up to 247, eps on anything other than lvl 8 borstel/tri cannons is brutal in these things when you have 6 gunners all letting rip, going with null's or lvl 10 RE you will probably need to use WO2 or 3. A mk 5 DI at 15k or so mass isnt going to make a huge difference either to the ships total mass, the faster and more often shunts are needed a lot as absolutely nothing misses these. Consider also using chaff tubes if you are gonna pvp, having 30-32 chaff in there can save an awful lot of shield shunting, 43k shields might sound big but when you have a couple of RE blasters + missiles hitting you they evaporate very fast.

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

I have a little under 100k mass left over after all of that. But a big chunk that will get reduced is in all of the pre-RE lvl10 weapons (some up to 70k mass)

I'll keep that in mind, Laidbacca. This was just my initial set up, mainly a quick patch job just so I could get up there with some guild members and shoot at things. LOL I'll probably end up dropping the Null's from the front, adding in the POB engine and POB booster, and going with some Chaff in the pilot guns.

I was a little disappointed on the recharge for the shields. 37.44 recharge for 41782 HP Shields, seems like the ratio is too low, but then again the pilot community would have had a fit if the recharge was any higher most likely.

Next step (aside from RE'ing 6 lvl10 guns) is to save up the good resources and some of the named ones to make a new set of Gunship equipment that all have the optional upgrades in them.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:58 am

One other thing you can utilise is the rebel shield programs, we tried them last night (not in pvp mind) with an experienced pilot running them from a turret. The FC load was as follows, reactor, engine, cap overload and weapons all on overload 4's, cap to shield shunt 3, and shield reinforce front and back moderate with shields normalisation. Not using shield shunt 4 allows the extra space for the shield prog's and it also allows a weapons energy pool for the gunners whilst shunting is occurring.

Novah
Novice Crafter

Post by Novah » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Laidbacca wrote:One other thing you can utilise is the rebel shield programs, we tried them last night (not in pvp mind) with an experienced pilot running them from a turret. The FC load was as follows, reactor, engine, cap overload and weapons all on overload 4's, cap to shield shunt 3, and shield reinforce front and back moderate with shields normalisation. Not using shield shunt 4 allows the extra space for the shield prog's and it also allows a weapons energy pool for the gunners whilst shunting is occurring.

Hmm, it's possible to have privateer AND Rebel (or IMP) commands loaded at the same time? lol I never even tried that. I'll have to test this out TODAY. I'm glad I stopped by here this morning. :) I was actually out looking for the original SWGCraft site and it's been down for some time. Bravo! to those that started this over here! :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Novah wrote:... I'm glad I stopped by here this morning. :) I was actually out looking for the original SWGCraft site and it's been down for some time. Bravo! to those that started this over here! :D
I agree, the Devs are well worth cheers and applauds.

And you are welcomed over here :D

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Novah wrote:Hmm, it's possible to have privateer AND Rebel (or IMP) commands loaded at the same time? lol I never even tried that. I'll have to test this out TODAY. I'm glad I stopped by here this morning. :) I was actually out looking for the original SWGCraft site and it's been down for some time. Bravo! to those that started this over here! :D
Yes that has always been possible since JTL launch. I was always a Privateer Pilot, but got togather with Imp and Rebel pilots to trade droid programs. What you do is get unprogrammed droid chips from a DE, then burn your factions commands onto them and trade with other faction pilots.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:15 am

Novah wrote:
Laidbacca wrote:One other thing you can utilise is the rebel shield programs, we tried them last night (not in pvp mind) with an experienced pilot running them from a turret. The FC load was as follows, reactor, engine, cap overload and weapons all on overload 4's, cap to shield shunt 3, and shield reinforce front and back moderate with shields normalisation. Not using shield shunt 4 allows the extra space for the shield prog's and it also allows a weapons energy pool for the gunners whilst shunting is occurring.

Hmm, it's possible to have privateer AND Rebel (or IMP) commands loaded at the same time? lol I never even tried that. I'll have to test this out TODAY. I'm glad I stopped by here this morning. :) I was actually out looking for the original SWGCraft site and it's been down for some time. Bravo! to those that started this over here! :D

As Sav says most certainly, one amendment to the original post is to use reactor overload 2, not 4, the gunships reactor is large enough to run at overload 2 and thus saves you that bit of extra space in your FC :)

Ozip
Novice Crafter

Post by Ozip » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:55 am

I know this is probably really late in this post, but I just read it. I got my Vigo Gunship schem back in April and immediately set out to craft it. I managed over 2.987 mil mass. I used 2 30k free crates for 2 of the resources that I didn't have cap or close to cap on. The rest I have loads of. (they were 10k of each so I have enough for 2 more crafts)

I outfitted it with 5 null-bolts 1 in pilot, 2 in upper forward turrets, 1 rear top turret and 1 belly turret. the othere 2 turrets have non-re'd Corellian beamrail cannons as I don't yet have 18 other re'able level 10 weaps.

I have fiberteck steel plating fore and aft, a 100% RGR gunship reactor, capacitor 218.5 RR and shield 45.16 rr. my DI is 8.6 speed. The pilot also has an iff confuser launcher. I also crafted a POB engine with 113.6 top speed P=89.0 Y=87.9 R=87.9. My booster gives me 58.8 acceleration and top booster speed of 46.8

I still have almost 80k mass free as I am using 2907805/2987491

Me a very happy puppy :D

Ozip Shipyards
Ahazi
Shop next to shuttle in DarkSideOfTheMoon, Dantooine

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:57 pm

I would look to get rid of that iff tube Ozip, 8 cm shots compared to 15-16 from standard chaff will mean you take a lot more hits, more so if you venture into Ord and start getting buzzed by tier 9-10's, and with only using lvl 8 fibretech armour the survivability time will be quite a bit less without either hypering out or using IFF command.