Schematics View request

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Schematics View request

Post by Rackle » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:20 am

Sobuno,

First off, you've done a fantastic job!

Could you create a "Shopping List" view for resources? Specifically, something I could print out, and have next to me to refer to as I survey? I would like to be able to look at my shopping list, and compare it to what is spawning, and quickly say, "Hey, that's a rare spawn!"

It would take me weeks to do it manually, I'm sure you could create a database form that could do it much quicker, and adjust itself as new schematics are added.

Also, if I haven't already made enough requests, could it be created so that the user could select schematics from specific professions for their personal list? For example, I only want to view resources for my profession, say just Munitions. Someone else, a player who's selling resources, might want to view all the professions resource needs.

This is an example of what I'm thinking about....

Inorganic
•Ore
=====oSiliclastic
==========•Any Type
=============oLight Lightning Rifle (WS)
=============oLightning Rifle (WS)
=============oHeavy Lightning Cannon (WS)
==========•Malab
=============oCold Protection Layer
=============oAcid Protection Layer

What do you think?

EDIT: Sorry for the ==== My tabs weren't appearing

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Schematics View request

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:07 am

Im not Sobuno, but
How about a stat on each current resource that read, "last spawned xxx days ago"? On second thought that would be kind of confussing. People might think that specific resource spawned before. Maybe if it read, "Malab, silclastic ore last spawned xxx days ago"?

There are third party programs that alert you if a resource your profession uses is in spawn. Not sure if Z is planning for his progect to do that or not.

Thinking more about my idea, I like it less.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:41 am

I'll have to look into it in 2008 as I am going away for New Year's in about an hour

-Sobuno

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 pm

Savacc wrote:Im not Sobuno, but
How about a stat on each current resource that read, "last spawned xxx days ago"? On second thought that would be kind of confussing. People might think that specific resource spawned before. Maybe if it read, "Malab, silclastic ore last spawned xxx days ago"?

I actually miss this at the popup blobs for each resource in the Find Resource view, a "Depleted: XXX d ago", keeping the text short and crisp ;)

There are third party programs that alert you if a resource your profession uses is in spawn. Not sure if Z is planning for his progect to do that or not.

I am, kind of. At the moment the MyRes does some of the things Rackle wants but does not print it out. Since it yells at you if anything spawns that you have a filter/guard for it will kind of give a list of what is currently spawning that you need. I will resemble that and I guess over time refine it, as any application adds features until it sinks :P

Some professions tend to have a "Useful resources" list in their guides or FAQs, which would meet Rackle's wish. However, since every crafter has their individual preferences it could be nice to be able to build one's own list, that is true.

Thinking more about my idea, I like it less.
I'm feeling blue

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:05 am

Zimoon wrote:
Savacc wrote: At the moment the MyRes does some of the things Rackle wants but does not print it out. Since it yells at you if anything spawns that you have a filter/guard for it will kind of give a list of what is currently spawning that you need. I will resemble that and I guess over time refine it, as any application adds features until it sinks :P
I'm feeling blue

/Zimoon
Thats a good thing to read...

...but there are a few problems with this alert in MyRes, that I have right now:

1) MyRes doesn't seem to support Musti- and Kashyyykian Resources (or I am not able to get MyRes to show them to me :D )

2) I still have problems in editing the schematics in MyRes, so that I am able to use all the newer ones, that came with the trader revamp last year :(
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:10 pm

maninspace wrote:...but there are a few problems with this alert in MyRes, that I have right now:

1) MyRes doesn't seem to support Musti- and Kashyyykian Resources (or I am not able to get MyRes to show them to me :D )

Do you download resources files from the old .com site, since that site does not export Kashyyyk and Mustafar resources. Trokk took off after adding them to the site but did forgot to add them to the export files. You can change options to download from here, same file format is used here.

2) I still have problems in editing the schematics in MyRes, so that I am able to use all the newer ones, that came with the trader revamp last year

Yes, MyRes has problems with stuff, I know. That is why I am pottering with SWGAide, why should I do it otherwise? ;)
Reddish

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Zimoon wrote:
maninspace wrote:...but there are a few problems with this alert in MyRes, that I have right now:

Do you download resources files from the old .com site, since that site does not export Kashyyyk and Mustafar resources. Trokk took off after adding them to the site but did forgot to add them to the export files. You can change options to download from here, same file format is used here.

To be honest - no! Haven't known about this... but this is something I will have to do right now...

Upps: To fast copy&paste... can someone tell me the correct link I have to use for the current Res? With the "Server"-Variable?

2) I still have problems in editing the schematics in MyRes, so that I am able to use all the newer ones, that came with the trader revamp last year

Yes, MyRes has problems with stuff, I know. That is why I am pottering with SWGAide, why should I do it otherwise? ;)
I hope you are doing this, because you want to make a better and more powerful tool (your ISD-Support is a great example for this!) - and not only to make a "bug-free" copy :wink:

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Front page, bottommost: Data Export

Remember you need both the URL for the status.txt and the correct galaxy.

You make me :oops: all over.

/Z

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Ok, that works :D

Thank you again!

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:24 am

Sobuno wrote:I'll have to look into it in 2008 as I am going away for New Year's in about an hour

-Sobuno
This should be something like what you wanted: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/shopping_list.php

Oh, and a more printer-friendly version: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/shopping_ ... print=true (It's just something unofficial I implemented right now, all it does is output the page before the menus and stylesheets are applied. Do not expect it to look nice in most pages!)

It does not include the resources from any subcomponents (Optional or not) though, don't know if it should do that or not.

Oh, and yeah, I know there's only 4 schematics listed atm, but I need sleep once in a while (It's currently just loading the schematics listed for my user). Will have to think of how to let people add their favourite schematics to it, possibly a "Add all <insert profession name here> schematics" link and individual buttons/links on each schematic to add/remove that one.

-Sobuno

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:30 pm

That's perfect!

Especially starting out in a new crafting profession, it's hard to keep track of what named resources to be looking for. Even if you've been in a crafting job for a while, it's still hard to know whats what.

This is also be a big help for resource sellers. Knowing what to harvest in order to target their customers needs better, will be a big help.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Individual schematics can now be added to the shopping list through their page.

Professions will come at some point, just gotta think it out.

Oh, and unregistered visitors will see a 'Shopping List' for all schematics.

-Sobuno

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Hey that looks really usefull :D
You just need to add a link somewhere to get to your shopping list :)
I probably would also add the amount needed, to craft one unit. That will come closer to the idea of a shopping list (I will have to craft 125 Creature Harvest Modules, how many units of copper do I need for this task?).

And maybe a Link from the list back to the schematic, so you may look up for the experimentation percentages?! Or maybe, to show up, when you hover over the name of the schematic? like these help balloons?

BTW: I think a search funktion for the schematics would also be helpful. I just wanted to look up the resources for some clothings named somewhat "... leotard" and have no idea about the full name... so a search function would probably help :)

Is there any way, we could help you, getting the schematics implemented? Send me a message, if you need some assistance in this :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:00 am

maninspace wrote:Hey that looks really usefull :D
You just need to add a link somewhere to get to your shopping list :)
Anyone care to write something explaining what it is for when new visitors check it out

I probably would also add the amount needed, to craft one unit. That will come closer to the idea of a shopping list (I will have to craft 125 Creature Harvest Modules, how many units of copper do I need for this task?).

Done

And maybe a Link from the list back to the schematic, so you may look up for the experimentation percentages?! Or maybe, to show up, when you hover over the name of the schematic? like these help balloons?

Link added

BTW: I think a search funktion for the schematics would also be helpful. I just wanted to look up the resources for some clothings named somewhat "... leotard" and have no idea about the full name... so a search function would probably help :)

See attached picture and the following topic:
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=23&t=536. Alternatively, you can do the searching in the url itself (http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/schematic ... b]*leotard[/b])

Is there any way, we could help you, getting the schematics implemented? Send me a message, if you need some assistance in this :)

This topic: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229
Red
Attachments
Ikke-navngivet-1.png
Search box for schematics
Ikke-navngivet-1.png (54.05 KiB) Viewed 7877 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:09 am

I love the shopping list thing you added, I don't need to have separate small lists for what I need.

However, there is no link from nowhere to it, but from this thread I think.

/Z