Help with SWGaide & Basilisk needed

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Help with SWGaide & Basilisk needed

Post by Sobuno » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Zarrak Galactic wrote:Oh great news! I can't wait to download it. Is there a download addy somewhere?
You can use SVN to download the code, but no changes have been made since the last release.

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 pm

No worries, I can wait til it's ready.

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Any progress on this at all?

I really need to find a way to get the mail into SWGAide. If we can't use SWGAide, is there any program that can help me parse it into a .csv file and import it to excel or something?

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 pm

As I'm unfortunately no programmer, if changing in SWGAIDE is hard, would it be easier to write a small program that just fix the mails to the format swgaide expects?

It's basically the only real issue I have with swgaide, otherwise it works very well.

I really should learn java :-/ I've had this idea about a swg android app that alerts you on spawns and despawns.

Is swgaide open source? is the code available? What's Zimoons homenumber?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:As I'm unfortunately no programmer, if changing in SWGAIDE is hard, would it be easier to write a small program that just fix the mails to the format swgaide expects?

It's basically the only real issue I have with swgaide, otherwise it works very well.

I really should learn java :-/ I've had this idea about a swg android app that alerts you on spawns and despawns.

Is swgaide open source? is the code available? What's Zimoons homenumber?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/swgaide/

henninkn
Novice Crafter

Post by henninkn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am

Hope you will forgive me for necroing this thread, but just thought I should tell you that I have found a simple work-around for this issue. I have only tested it with SWGAide so far, but it should work for other programs as well. It may seem a bit complicated, but once you have set it up, it takes but a few seconds to do whenever you want to update your program with your latest mails.

Follow these simple steps to get SWG mail-reader programs to work with SWGEmu:

1) Use /mailsave ingame
2) Download, install, and run A.F.9 (free) from http://www.fauland.com/af9.htm
3) Drag and drop your entire mail folder (found in your profiles folder in the game directory) onto the file list in A.F.9 (the big white area)
4) Either create your own arguments from A.F.9's main interface, or download mine (attached) and import them. If you create your own, you should create two arguments; replace

..auctioner
with
SWG.Basilisk.auctioner

credits
with
credits The sale took place at Bestine, on Tatooine.

5) Make A.F.9 "Replace", after ensuring that all your mail files show up in file list, and that both arguments are in the argument list
6) Move your mail files out of their default folder (maybe to a backup folder of your choice) in order to prevent double replacement the next time you repeat this process (SWGAide has a nice feature for this; check both copy and delete mails in the options menu)
7) Import your mails into the SWG mail reader program and verify that they are imported correctly
8) Enjoy! :-)

Feel free to ask if anything is unclear; I wrote this without the tools and files in question in front of me...
Attachments
SWG_Mail_Fix.zip
(259 Bytes) Downloaded 518 times

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Not necroing at all, this is just what I was looking for, I will try it out later today. Is it possible to run this in a bat file (lazy I know).

Another question regarding swgaide, does anyone know if the schematic part in swgaide is bult-in or does it fetch the schematics from swgcraft.co.uk? What I mean is, if we should edit a schematic here, would it be changed in swgaide as well? I was browsing the schematics a bit yesterday and found a few errors and after looking at the source code of swgaide I realize I wouldn't know how to program java to save my life.

I get error messages like this:
"[Tue Feb 12 13:49:44 CET 2013] [schm] Error, report the following at SWGCraft.org:
Schematic name: Power Hammer
Schematic ID: 6542
In SWGAide:getShoppingList
Thanks"

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:Another question regarding swgaide, does anyone know if the schematic part in swgaide is bult-in or does it fetch the schematics from swgcraft.co.uk? What I mean is, if we should edit a schematic here, would it be changed in swgaide as well? I was browsing the schematics a bit yesterday and found a few errors and after looking at the source code of swgaide I realize I wouldn't know how to program java to save my life.
It should be getting schematics and server list from here

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Great :D

henninkn
Novice Crafter

Post by henninkn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 am

I haven't tried running it through a bat, but while some of it may be possible, I doubt you can get it to do everything for you, since some operations have to be carried out within the program.

I tried my solution with Vendor Sales Manager, but it would require the replace function to include a line shift, which I don't think af9 does. But since SWGAide basically have all the same features, it shouldn't be an issue.

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Wow, thank you so much! I had pretty much given up entirely on every having this ability again. Your instructions were perfect and everything shows up now in SWGAide to tell me, at long last, what my top sellers are and who my best customers are and all of that!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

pneuvo
Novice Crafter

Post by pneuvo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:57 am

I seem to be having a problem that it keeps telling me I haven't selected a character from the Main tab, but I have. I only have the one...

Anyone seen this problem?

Milo