SWG times out, forums down.

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Re: SWG times out, forums down.

Post by Belios_Goveko » Wed May 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm playing LotR:O at the moment and it looks like i will be staying there whether SwG's servers return or not.

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Not playing any other games tbh as apart from SWG nothing much else interests me game wise. Since i cant play SWG at the moment some nice side effects have happened though.

1) Thought my eyes were red. Turns out thats from lack of sleep and early morning log ons for swgcraft updates and ingame chores before the masses wake up and log on. Now realised after 2 weeks of SWG my eyeballs are white with no red

2) Forgotton what it was like to not get up before 7am on days off. Its nice lol

3) With everyone else not being able to log on, nice to know i dont have 300+ emails waiting for me on next log on lol

Treadstone
Novice Crafter

Post by Treadstone » Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 pm

I played SWG from release until the NGE and quit for a year or so and since I've come and gone a few times, returning a few months ago after I realized even if it wasn't what it once was, for me it's still better than anything out there. I came back this last time because I'm so jazzed for SWTOR I needed something 'star-warsy' to fill the gap. I've gone back and forth from Lotro/Wow several times over the last few years and I'm steadfast I'm not going to do it again lol. Honestly they hold my interest for about a month then I move on so there's really no point for me to do it again.

Oddly enough FIFA 11 has probably filled the spot the most. Also some Harry Potter/Super Hero Squad with my kids which has been a lot of fun.

I've also caught up on quite a few shows with my wife, though at this point I think she's hoping SWG comes back soon LOL.

gurgi1970
Novice Crafter

Post by gurgi1970 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I actually went nuts trying to figure out what to do. I have a lifetime sub to LoTRO, but I lost interest in that long ago. SWG has always been my favorite and I keep coming back to it. Right now to get my fix on, I'm playing SWGEmu (man do I love the pre-cu era).

I have kept an open mind and once the servers come back up, I'll be back doing my thing.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 pm

To be honest I have never played much other games but SWG, I've tested some and I've hung wih my sons who played WoW, BF, and you name them all. Some look great but have shallow or very repetitive content, others are more challenging but have other faults. I am biased of course, but neither do my sons nor their friends play any of those "famous titles" for more than weeks or a couple of months at the most.

Now, without SWG I warch TV and chitchat with wife, who was surprised at first but now is back playing silly-games at Facebook 8) And coding somewhat at SWGAide, but not too much because this spring is awesome and is best enjoyed outdoor at some pub with a beer :)

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

Post by mysterymantis » Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 am

I'm going nuts without SWG, especially JTL. I even miss the forums. Even the pilot forums. ;)

I've been trying to get some housework done. I'm planning to get the camera equipment back out, and get some more practice in on that. Also, I write fiction, so I'm working on that a bit more too. That probably should take priority to SWG anyway. Would be nice to get a 2nd MS in the can. :)

I also tried playing some old games I never really got through. I played Fallout 3 for the first 5 days. Got to L28, did every quest as the good guy, even most of the mini quest, got all the bobbleheads, and what not. It seems once you now where everything is and what to do, it's kinda of weak. But when I got it, it was pretty awesome. I tried to load up 1 and 2, but it won't play on win7. I guess there is a patch out there somewhere, but oh well. I have other things I need to be doing.

TBH, I am getting a little burnt out on gaming in general. SWG seemed to fill whatever little need I still had for it. I can't even play boardgames anymore, let alone the old pencil and paper rpgs. I've been wanting to just move on, and sell all my crap off. But I would likely still keep SWG, just to fill in the gaps of nothing else to do.

Well, I guess I'm off to play laundry. It's this new game I discovered since the server went down. It's kinda boring, but at least it has lots of cook time to let me post on forums. :)

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu May 12, 2011 7:21 am

hmm wouldn't this indicate that the servers are still up?

All SOE games and sites are still offline as of May 11th and will not return today. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we diligently work on these issues. All Galactic Civil War point decay has been suspended and inactive citizen removal time temporarily increased by 14 days. Item and vendor expiration timers have also been increased by 14 days. More information on SOE's "Make Good" plan to come!

In which case what about harvesters, factories, houses and city maintenance?

bigwacka
Novice Crafter

Post by bigwacka » Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 am

I have finished playing Portal 2 which was a great sequel to Portal.

Played most of Defense Grid: The Awakening. A tower defense game which turned out to be great fun. Very challenging maps.

Replaying The Witcher: Enhanced Edition as it a great game. Looking forward to the Witcher 2.

Reading any bits I can find about the SOE outage and hoping to find one with a restart date :D

Waiting patiently for a restart of SWG.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

bigwacka wrote:I have finished playing Portal 2 which was a great sequel to Portal.
Was Portal 2 worth the cost? It's very expensive compared to what the first one cost (Got it as part of the Orange Box for 20 euro)

ReilaBM
Novice Crafter

Post by ReilaBM » Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Newest post seems to indicate that the servers are online, we just can't access them. This would mean that the server best Crystalline Gemstone spawn on Starsider will not be there when we get back. :( Cut out only a day and a half/two days into the spawn :( :( :(

Sunshine
Novice Crafter

Post by Sunshine » Thu May 12, 2011 3:24 pm

ReilaBM wrote:Newest post seems to indicate that the servers are online, we just can't access them. This would mean that the server best Crystalline Gemstone spawn on Starsider will not be there when we get back. :( Cut out only a day and a half/two days into the spawn :( :( :(
What newest post? I'm checking my stuff and Havent seen anything that would indicate this.

draxil
Novice Crafter

Post by draxil » Thu May 12, 2011 4:24 pm

a forum for those with serious SWG-withdravals is up at http://www.swg-universe.com/

It has the most recent updates/announcements/server status and more info.

Trolling allowed lol

ReilaBM
Novice Crafter

Post by ReilaBM » Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Sony has been posting tiny updates on the facebook page. May 11th was the usual "won't be up today" with an added "14 days have been added to all vendor items, inactive citizen timers, and gcw decay has been shut off"

gurgi1970
Novice Crafter

Post by gurgi1970 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:28 am

Sony has this tidbit up on their site now.
RECENT UPDATES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 12, 2011

We thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to restore our game services. We know this has been a frustrating time for you and appreciate your understanding as we work to confirm the security of our network.

In light of the recent outage of Sony Online Entertainment's game services due to April's cyber-attack, we are committed to compensating our loyal player base for the inconvenience caused by the data breach and lost game time while we improve our security measures.

We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services, and when we come back online, here is what you can expect for each of our game services.

First and foremost, all impacted players will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle in addition to one day for each day the system is down. Additionally, many games are offering a variety of in-game items and special events to welcome players back once our services resume (per the outline below). This is true for both PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system based products.

DC Universe™ Online: Batman™ and Two-Face™ Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
Free Realms®: Free daily items (7 to collect)
Clone Wars Adventures™: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®: A series of Double XP events
Star Wars Galaxies™: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I™
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics™: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
PoxNora®: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash

For our lifetime subscribers, we'll grant in-game currency; specifically 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online (in addition to the items listed above).

And finally, our Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash, in addition to the subscription time and items listed above.

Additionally, we announced today that SOE will provide its U.S.-based Station Account holders with complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program through Debix, one of the industry's most reputable identity protection firms. For Station Account holders who live outside the U.S., SOE will be offering similar programs, if and as available, and will provide details as they're confirmed for each country or territory.

We continue to work around the clock to restore SOE's services and thank you for your continued patience as we complete our investigation of this criminal attack.

Thank you,
Sony Online Entertainment

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 am

Sunshine wrote:
ReilaBM wrote:Newest post seems to indicate that the servers are online, we just can't access them. This would mean that the server best Crystalline Gemstone spawn on Starsider will not be there when we get back. :( Cut out only a day and a half/two days into the spawn :( :( :(
What newest post? I'm checking my stuff and Havent seen anything that would indicate this.
It isn't in a post as such but the fact they are stopping GCW decay and adding time to city residents would indicate that the game servers are up because if they were down nothing would be decaying.
Seems the only thing that is down are the login servers.

As for the rest all I can say is a very muted "wohoo" all I need is another two worthless objects taking up space that I would sooner use for a decent resource spawn.