WS guide?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

WS guide?

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am

So I rolled a weaponsmith as well... and looked around for a good updated WS guide but couldn't really find any.

best so far was on the official forums http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=248508 but as it was last edited 3 years ago I have a couple of question if what they state is true:

Q2. Do the stats of the sub-componenets of weapons matter?
A2. Not anymore. The damage of the weapon is now determined solely by the resources used in the final construction of the weapon.

Is that still true, can I use junk resources on stuff like Blaster Pistol barrel? and I don't have to use advanced?

Q4. Do I need a 12 point weapon suit to be a successful weaponsmith?
A4. Not really. Most weapon experimentation is now just a single line and that can be maxed with the regular 10 points. The only places the extra two points are beneficial is with weapons with elemental damage (can increase the elemental damage a little more than a 10 pointer) and in grenades (can increase the range a little more than the 10 pointers).

Is this true? Also, if I want to make Beast Master stuff with the WS, would that be a reason to fix a 12pt (or isnt it 13?) suit? or is that artisan skill?

I just hate it when old guides are floating around and you have no idea if they still are valid or not. Sometime I should sit my ass down and write my own guide...

EDIT: I just found this http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=947823 and most of my answers was indeed answered by that, it sucks though that the above guide is still around stickied on the official forums.
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: WS guide?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:So I rolled a weaponsmith as well... and looked around for a good updated WS guide but couldn't really find any.

best so far was on the official forums http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=248508 but as it was last edited 3 years ago I have a couple of question if what they state is true:

Q2. Do the stats of the sub-componenets of weapons matter?
A2. Not anymore. The damage of the weapon is now determined solely by the resources used in the final construction of the weapon.

Is that still true, can I use junk resources on stuff like Blaster Pistol barrel? and I don't have to use advanced?

Q4. Do I need a 12 point weapon suit to be a successful weaponsmith?
A4. Not really. Most weapon experimentation is now just a single line and that can be maxed with the regular 10 points. The only places the extra two points are beneficial is with weapons with elemental damage (can increase the elemental damage a little more than a 10 pointer) and in grenades (can increase the range a little more than the 10 pointers).

Is this true? Also, if I want to make Beast Master stuff with the WS, would that be a reason to fix a 12pt (or isnt it 13?) suit? or is that artisan skill?

I just hate it when old guides are floating around and you have no idea if they still are valid or not. Sometime I should sit my ass down and write my own guide...

A good old Viking I hear .... sounds like myself. Are we living next-doors maybe? 8)

EDIT: I just found this http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=947823 and most of my answers was indeed answered by that, it sucks though that the above guide is still around stickied on the official forums.
/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Re: WS guide?

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

In fact, I think I will start a diary for this weapon smith, how I started today (re-rolling a smuggler, speed leveling up as architect and then swapping to Weaponsmith with no gear and no prior skills or knowledge and the journey to the first capped gun (even though my main reason with this ws is to make BM stuff)).

I love writing walls of text and it's a good way to sort out how this thing work, then maybe I can condense it to something resembling a guide with warnings about all the mistakes I'm likely to make (I did quite a few with my armoursmith who now makes capped primus ris-armours with ease).

Yay I just gave myself another project!
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE