Lobiine wrongly marked as depleted

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Lobiine wrongly marked as depleted

Post by Swedishoyster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 am

Someone marked Lobiine as depleted but it's still there at least on Naboo, Chimaera, I couldn't re-enter it, here is the stats (From swgaide)
Lobiine,1087798,Conductive Borcarbitic Copper,cbcpr,728550,0,190,545,710,0,124,486,0,947,980,483,
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Lobiine wrongly marked as depleted

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 am

I marked Lobiine available again.

To mark a wrongly marked resource available again , go to the planet it is at and just add its name in the text input field at the bottom and click OK at the following pages. Or read the guide in this forum.

I believe we have to welcome a new member at the site and he did perhaps not know that a resource can be available at just one planet, in this case it is Naboo. Probably he could not find the resource at some planet and then marked it unavailable. If that is not the case, please speak up :D

There could be an issue with an SWGAide, I need to look at that when I get back home. My suspicion is about the result when somebody do not cover all 10 core planets by droids but just a few planets, that could possibly confuse SWGAide. An easy fix if so.

Greetings
/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 am

I just paniced when all my harvesters was shouting at me this morning, thank god for the twin-pod cloud car, trader's best friend (after swgaide ofc :-)

I'll try to add it back myself next time it happens, I was late for work today so I just made a quick post...
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:I just paniced when all my harvesters was shouting at me this morning, thank god for the twin-pod cloud car, trader's best friend (after swgaide ofc :-)

I'll try to add it back myself next time it happens, I was late for work today so I just made a quick post...
I was also confused by this a little bit due to the fact that I has updated mineral 1 hiur before 3-4 resources were marked as inavaliable.

I thought that somehow 3-4 had despawned an hour after I updated SWGCraft :)

I'll check out the rest and see if they are actually depleted.

Weltenstreuner
Novice Crafter

Post by Weltenstreuner » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi,

yes I am new at this forum and I marked some ressources as depleted on Chimera. Nat sure if Lobiine was one of them. Can I mark a ressource as depleted from only one planet? I thought if a ressource depleted on one planet the same ressource on other planets would be depletet too. I cheked only one type of ressources and there it was the case.

Sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Greetings,
Weltenstreuner.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Welcome around W, very welcome :)

No harm done, we can fix any errors. No harm done, no worries.

I read your questions but must ask how well you now SWG and how its resource system works?
If you are also new to SWG or Trader you may want to read the Beginners Guide for Traders, right?

Just in short:
A particular resource usually spawns at one, two, or more planets.
When a particular resource depletes it depletes at the entire galaxy, within hours.

In this light it does not make sense to despawn a resource from just one planet, it is gone from all others too.

Hence SWGCraft marks a resource as unavailable at the galaxy if a player marks it as unavailable at one planet. Rightfully so IMHO.

However, sometimes a players by mistake wrongly marks a resource as available at some planet; how to fix that?
The solution is in the nearby How to Update SWGCraft - a Guide

Now I must run home for dinner 8)
/Zimoon

Weltenstreuner
Novice Crafter

Post by Weltenstreuner » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 am

Hi,

thanks for the heartly welcome.
I played SWG from the beginning until some month ofter the first NGE. I was a master Chef, therefor I know about the general ressource system (as it used to bis this time) but I have to say I forgot a lot of things too.
Now I reactivated my account because I love to be a crafter and no other game is as good as SWG in this matter. Now I try to be an architekt.
Thanks for your statement. It seems to be like I remember, if a ressource depletes at one planet the same ressource is gone at every other planet too. I was not sure about that fact.

Greetings,

Weltenstreuner

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 am

Much welcome back W, and have fun w Structure. Even though there is a competition from the TCG loot cards there is still lots to do.

Chef is also OK, I have had my Chef somewhat on hibernation after a galaxy-transfer last year but recent weeks I have had her cooking wildly. Hopefully some good meat will spawn again for the tissues :)

If you've been away a while, there ain't that much that is changed for Traders really. At least not with the basics. Some stuff is now in the expertise and other is elsewhere. I suggest you skim through the beginners guide and stop when you see something that doesn't look as you remembered it :)

I wish somebody that has been around since well before NGE whipped up an overview of what is new and what is not, kind of a transition map.

If you are updating SWGCraft regularly you probably want to have a look at SWGAide because it supports as well ISDroids as manual submissions and interacts with SWG notepad files. Ooh, btw, there is a new thing with notes, you can have many notes files now, not only the "notes.txt". In-game, type "/note filename" and you will have a file at your harddisk in SWG\profiles\account\ named filename.txt. Do not type the .txt, if you do you will have a file named filename.txt.txt 8) And of course, you replace "filename" with whatever. SWGAide is using two by default: "res" for ISDroid resource reports and "rem" for the manual submissions.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:03 pm

Zimoon wrote:I wish somebody that has been around since well before NGE whipped up an overview of what is new and what is not, kind of a transition map.
Haven't you been around since well before NGE? :P

(I have too, can't really name what's new though for obvious reasons)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I wish somebody that has been around since well before NGE whipped up an overview of what is new and what is not, kind of a transition map.

IRL time is one factor 8)
SWGAide is two factor :)
One guide more and I will begin to charge SOE per reader :mrgreen:

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

IRL time is one factor 8)
SWGAide is two factor :)
One guide more and I will begin to charge SOE per reader :mrgreen:
xD

Thats the attitude Zimoon! You can be a British slob like me in no time!

Gipsi30
Novice Crafter

Chimaera Server issue...

Post by Gipsi30 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

The last two days, resources are being reported depleted on Chimaera, yet, as my harvesters can attest, they are still active. Today the culprits are...

Quadaesovac, Duranium Steel
Awaub, Polysteel Copper
Dinoneic, Phrik Aluminum
Quadirerirto, Link-Steel Auminum

The Dinoneic, Phrik Aluminum was also shown as depleted yesterday, which I corrected after checking my harvester on Naboo. I am using SWGAide to keep track of my harvests. I have double checked these 4 resources, no telling how many others are wrong, or are being put onto our server, when they aren't really there.

For example, Oarikacate, Phrik Aluminum is being reported as being on Chimaera, on the planets of Tatooine, Naboo, Dantooine, Corellia, Yavin, Dathomir, yet it is NOT on any of those planets, or any others for that matter. Another that is being reported on Chimaera, but is not, is Odatryra, Platinite Copper.

Anyway, just didn't know where to report this issue. Hope it gets figured out, SWGAide is driving me crazy telling me stuff is gone that's not really gone.

Regards,

Gipsi

EDIT- I moved your post to this thread because it seems to be about the same issue.
Welcome to our forums Gipsi :D As you can see several posters are aware of the situation and trying to correct it. We rely on users of this site to report resource spawns to us and sometimes people get things wrong. Because the great Zimoon himself, plays on Chimaera, you can be confident this will be resolved. :wink:
Last edited by Zimoon on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: To explain why I moved it (Savacc) // Recolored the green (Zimoon)

neliev
Novice Crafter

Post by neliev » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Seems like Weltenstreuer hit some other still available resources and added some new which aren't available. At least I checked some on Lok... :(

Weltenstreuer, are you sure you hit the right Galaxy? The Chimaera resources are somewhat off at the moment...

I hope I got all the resources marked wrongly. Seems like it happened only to the minerals...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Yesterday I found one other resource Welt that was wrong, a copper at Mustafar, that name does not exist for any resource I could find.

Welt, please verify that you are playing et Europe-Chimaera.
Otherwise you are adding resources that should not be at that galaxy but at some other galaxy.
And you also deplete resources which are still in spawn, just not at your galaxy.

At the link >>> http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/options.php <<<
can it be that you marked Chimaera but you are really playing at Chilastra? That could easily happen because they are next to each other and are spelled almost the same, right?

I will walk over all of your resources you have added and verify their existence. We cannot just "deplete" them as that would pollute the database and block future resources having these names.

Mistakes are easily made, no hard feelings anywhere. Just "move along" and learn from the lesson :D

/Zimoon

Gipsi30
Novice Crafter

Post by Gipsi30 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks for the quick response, and move to the correct place, for my post. :) I am naturally reclusive (no wonder I play 3 traders). So for me to post anything, is by and far a miracle.

BTW, want to appreciate all the folks here. Invaluable resource, for my resources. ha-ha!

Gipsi