JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread (UPDATED)

Post by panino76 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Fooman wrote:Hello there,

I just received the mail from SOE about server closes... and it brought back so many memories of SWG...so I had to google to see if my spreadsheet was still around after all those years...

I just can't believe that what started as a simple spreadsheet that I work on while ... errr being boooorrreeedd at work has kept going!

A great thanks to those that have been able to maintain it and make it evolve!!

Fooman,

SWG Crafter forever!
For what I can see, it's still appreciated ;)

Unfortunately, SOE continuos updates had required the tool to be adjusted to be "aligned" with the game....but the "core" is still the same. I've used this tool since one of the first release, adjusting it to my needs, and at some points I asked if it could have been of some use for the comunity, and here we are...

Thanks for your initial effort, I think everyone that uses this tool should give you a big Thanks! 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner - I'm in the midst of RL crisis. Lost job - got job - now moving cross country - I thought I had a link to the 2.0.3 version out there that fixed that. If not I'll try to get it out as soon as I'm settled in around the the 10th of October at the latest.
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:57 pm

panino76 wrote:
Fooman wrote:Hello there,

I just received the mail from SOE about server closes... and it brought back so many memories of SWG...so I had to google to see if my spreadsheet was still around after all those years...

I just can't believe that what started as a simple spreadsheet that I work on while ... errr being boooorrreeedd at work has kept going!

A great thanks to those that have been able to maintain it and make it evolve!!

Fooman,

SWG Crafter forever!
For what I can see, it's still appreciated ;)

Unfortunately, SOE continuos updates had required the tool to be adjusted to be "aligned" with the game....but the "core" is still the same. I've used this tool since one of the first release, adjusting it to my needs, and at some points I asked if it could have been of some use for the comunity, and here we are...

Thanks for your initial effort, I think everyone that uses this tool should give you a big Thanks! 8)
I've been trying to help a little too with the tool by making little changes - the code is so intricate it get tuff figuring it out. One day I'll have to flow the code so it's easier for all to update. Still the best tool around for crafting!!!
Thanks for dropping by and seeing the updates.

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Post by Ryokincaid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:51 am

I'm trying to use this spreadsheet and encountering some problems, I hope someone can help me.

First off, I'm using WinXP with Excell 2007. When I load the spreadsheet up, I get:

I verified the zlib.dll dirctory:

And tried to register the dll, and got an error:

If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Ryok, check the fifth page of this thread, this issue has been already discussed, Zarrak Galactic had the same problem, it will take just one min to be fixed :)

Hope you'll enjoy the tool 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

Nephalite
Novice Crafter

Post by Nephalite » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 am

This is the current issue I am having when trying to update my resources any idea on how to fix this ?
Attachments
HELPS.jpg
HELPS.jpg (235.94 KiB) Viewed 14689 times

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Nephalite wrote:This is the current issue I am having when trying to update my resources any idea on how to fix this ?
Unfortunately this is due to an incompatibility between office2003 and office2007 (your one) on a vb function. I have a fix for i but I don't know when I'll be able to post a new version of the tool. Try to insert a resource from the WTH summary sheet, then update your resource database (update resources button)....

Artax Wavingwalker

wannab
Novice Crafter

Post by wannab » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am

well im running office 2003, followed the instructions dealing with the issue on page 1, but now when i download the csv file with current resources the resource page does not update, and when i click restore backup and chose the csv i get error 7 out of memory module resourcelibraryfunctions.restoreRes() whatever all that means

edit well i figured out that the resource sheet is actually an inventory sheet of resources I have, but when I click on the wth summary sheet i only get a few of the current resources, is there any way i can configure this to show just the types of resources I want, or to show all resources available?

Ancient1
Novice Crafter

Post by Ancient1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 pm

I have just discovered this tool afyer being out of game for 2 years. Great job and thank you for what I expect to be the number 1 or 2 tool in my arsenal.

My question is this. Is there any way to make this available to be used by the entire guild to search for items in the guild reserves?

Thank you,

The Ancient One

wannab
Novice Crafter

Post by wannab » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:25 pm

I still cannot get this tool to display all of the current resources, or even the resources that I need, example Conductive Borcarbitic Copper. The server clearly has a spawn, and it is in the csv that is downloaded when I click download current resources on the control panel sheet. I also have added all the schematics for both structure and engineer trader since I have both, but the WTH summary and What to harvest today sheets do not display several resources that are available on the server. I do not get any error messages, and I get the same results on 3 different machines all running Office 2003. I would just use swgaide, but you have to have swg installed for it to work and I don't want to install swg on every machine I would use this on.

conspir4cy
Novice Crafter

Post by conspir4cy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm on Windows 7 and have used Excel from both Office 2007 and Office XP. I keep running into this error when Downloading the Current Resources:

Error (49) - Bad DLL calling convention
Module: DataImportFunction.uncompressFile();

Traceback:
DataImportFunctions.uncompressFile()
DataImportFunctions.downloadNow()
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

The program is running fine on my XP machine with Office 2007. Is this a Windows 7 issue or something that should be working?

valeru
Novice Crafter

Post by valeru » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:24 am

Hi all,
i would like to ask if someone can enlight me how to modify some resources required in swg tool because i seen some mistakes.
Like for instance for make the starshine surprise it's needed cereal and reactive gas (which is not).
Thanks in advance :)

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:12 am

conspir4cy wrote:I'm on Windows 7 and have used Excel from both Office 2007 and Office XP. I keep running into this error when Downloading the Current Resources:

Error (49) - Bad DLL calling convention
Module: DataImportFunction.uncompressFile();

Traceback:
DataImportFunctions.uncompressFile()
DataImportFunctions.downloadNow()
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

The program is running fine on my XP machine with Office 2007. Is this a Windows 7 issue or something that should be working?
I'm getting the same error in W7 - it seems that the zlib.dll is not recognized no matter where you put it. I have yet to try the reg32srv.exe (or something like that) that registers the dll. Found this faq file and now I'll see if I can get it to work.
http://www.zlib.net/DLL_FAQ.txt Did a little research and it seems that vb 6 is needed for this routine to work. Not positive yet. But, I'm running okay on xp 64 and Excel 2003 haven't tried 7 yet.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 am

valeru wrote:Hi all,
i would like to ask if someone can enlight me how to modify some resources required in swg tool because i seen some mistakes.
Like for instance for make the starshine surprise it's needed cereal and reactive gas (which is not).
Thanks in advance :)
I worked on a schematic maintenance version of this last summer but it might still have bugs. Let me know if you interested in giving it a try.

valeru
Novice Crafter

Post by valeru » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:24 am

thanks a lot agida.
I would give it a try for sure
:)