Privateer Questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Privateer Questions

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am

(should we maybe have a pilot's forum?)

Anyway, I'm assuming to do the missions to get the Y-8 Mining ship, I need at least a Rihkxyrk (can anybody pronounce the names of these freelance ships), yes?

Also I noticed that I was going to lvl up with Rikkh, but I had the patrol mission from Thom Steele active, and the CorSec guys wouldn't train me until I'd purposely failed it. Is that normal?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Privateer Questions

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:40 am

I was already a Master Freelance pilot when I did the Y-8 missions, so I used a Krayt. One of the missions is to mine Diamond Asteroids in Kessel, so there will be tier 5 Asteroid bandits. I dont recall having any problems doing the mission line solo. If you are less then a master pilot you might need some help.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 am

Same thing here I remember mining in Kessel using my Krayt and those tier 5 asteroid bandits !
Also the Y-8 Mining Ship certification is "Any Master Pilot skill ".
Have fun with this quest and with this great starship later :P
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:09 pm

All right, well let me ask you all something else. How long did it take you to get to Master Pilot, and did you stop there or go all the way to Ace?

Olgoat
Novice Crafter

Post by Olgoat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Hiya. :)

I'm recently new to being a Master Pilot and a Shipwright. My first grind to Master Pilot took the longest. Mostly due to not knowing the in's and out's of ship load outs and droid commands. But since I have completed the grind and have now crafted or RE'd some really great parts, I have taken a fancy to getting most of my guild mates to Master Pilot. All in all, if you stay focused you can knock it out in about 5 days of easy play time (2-3 hours a day). To help speed that along, keep an eye out in your most populated star ports and see if anyone is asking for gunners. Or if you have a guild mate or friend with a PoB or Gun Boat, see if they will take you up for an XP grind. The first grind is the killer, but after that you'll have an XP bonus if you decide to complete another squadron. The Offical Pilot Forums have a lot of usefull guides and the players that post there are quite helpful. :wink:

To answer your question on the quests.... you can only have one active "duty mission" quest at a time if I remember correctly.

The Rihkxyrk is a great chassis to load out for mining and PvE. Thus making a perfect ship for completing the quest line to get the Y-8.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm

wrackspurt wrote:All right, well let me ask you all something else. How long did it take you to get to Master Pilot, and did you stop there or go all the way to Ace?
Master = Ace
Unless you are using "Ace" in a different manner then I am familiar with.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 pm

No, it's me who's confused. I hear a lot of people saying you don't need such and such amount of experience points to master, you just have to blast the Corvette/Imp ship. So that means you can do either/or? Or there are unnecessary xp? I was somehow thinking that if you hadn't gotten all the xp, that there were higher levels after Master. Unfortunately I never remember to look at the end of the pilot progression chart in-game, and I can't seem to find it on the Net either.

Olgoat
Novice Crafter

Post by Olgoat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 am

Let me clarify what you're talking about. Once you're working on that final box in the pilot career, the XP meter will tell you that you have to get 7,500,000 XP. That's not the case. To finish that box up you will get 2 missions. The first is to launch into Kessel and destroy 30 enemy space craft. Once that is complete, you'll go turn that mission in and then be tasked to destroy an enemy vette in kessel. After you do that and turn it in, you're complete. The XP does not need to be gathered.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:31 am

Thanks for clearing that up. That's rather odd.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:07 am

Rihkxyrk, N-1, Vaksai...just wondering what people prefer at Tier 4.

Dregs
Novice Crafter

Post by Dregs » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Rihkxyrk, N-1, Vaksai...just wondering what people prefer at Tier 4.

Used Heavy TIE from beginning to end on my most recent Ace. On my freelance, I'm spicing things up a bit by using the Rihxyyk or w/e. It's really fun when everything dies in one or two salvos. But I only have around 6 - 8 ish shots total before completely running out of energy. So it's really been all about accuracy. Plus I've been doing the droid fighter collection for XP. It's a real thrill turn-fighting and waiting for the perfect moment to fire off a shot from your limited pool, and watching them explode afterwords.

But... to go back to being practical pewpew xp/hour, I'd probably go back to my heavy scyyk soon.