GUIDE - Creature Resources

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:40 am

Soxna_Burafett wrote:
Zimoon wrote:
Feralmonkey wrote:does Vegash help with milking?
I'm not certain but believe not. We can check it out can't we?
/Z
Vegash doesn't help for milking, but Staarshine Surprise does !
It reduces the time needed to milk, a great thing believe me ;) and it makes the milking more effective in quantity (as vegash does for harvesting). It has also a +25 chance to paralize the creature during a very short time.

I just discover it a few days ago with my chef on Farstar and it really does change the life of a chef ... for the better of course.
Great info ;D

I hate milking, it gives too little per time unit IMHO, compared to harvesting the other types.

Whatever, would you mind, or anybody else, coming up with some numbers? Since it affects timing and yield (as I understand your post) I suggest seconds to milk without SS, with SS of a medium power, and SS with a great SS (must not be top notch), and also yield for the same 3 examples. Perhaps 10 to 20 creatures each "level".

I will update the Misc&Tips as soon as possible, now off to mom-in-law :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Soxna_Burafett
Novice Crafter
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 am
Location: France, near Paris

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Soxna_Burafett » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 am

Just drove a little test this morning but not a thorough one )

First about the time needed to milk a creature : it's simple, at the time you usually get the first : "you continue to milk the creature", you, instead, get the so much more wellcome : "you successfully gathered milk from the creature" ! ! ! :lol: and nearly no "the creature moved too far away" or only because it's so easy that you've been already thinking to your next Fizzpudding.

atm on Farstar, nabooian wild milk is quite good, especially for a beginner chef who lacks a lot of ressources. So, I went to the cl84 Kaadus near Theed.
I only harvested the 1st one without SS and got 286 units, then with SS i got from 500 to 932 units samples on the others.

After this, i milked standard cl20-25 Kaadus and Fambas and got nearly 20k milk and 13 exceptional samples in 20mn time :roll:

atm, considering my lvl, 66 domestic trader, and the quality of my ressources i'm not able to cap anything, the SS I use is +2.37 milking quantity (capped is +3 according to Onnyx chart).

edit : a little update. I went back to my now famous Kaduus and milk them a first time without Starshine, then an hour later I came back and milk again the exact same creatures but this time with my +2.37 SS.

here are the diff sets of samples :

1st (without SS) : 13 samples from 265 to 363 units with an average sample of 315 units
2nd (with SS) : 14 samples from 636 to 1104 units with an average sample of 847 units ....
Chimaera : Soxna, Structure Trader and SaiSai, Smuggler
Farstar : Bartabas, Domestic Trader (Chef) and Abitop, Spy

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Soxna_Burafett wrote:Just drove a little test this morning but not a thorough one )

First about the time needed to milk a creature : it's simple, at the time you usually get the first : "you continue to milk the creature", you, instead, get the so much more wellcome : "you successfully gathered milk from the creature" ! ! ! :lol: and nearly no "the creature moved too far away" or only because it's so easy that you've been already thinking to your next Fizzpudding.

atm on Farstar, nabooian wild milk is quite good, especially for a beginner chef who lacks a lot of ressources. So, I went to the cl84 Kaadus near Theed.
I only harvested the 1st one without SS and got 286 units, then with SS i got from 500 to 932 units samples on the others.

After this, i milked standard cl20-25 Kaadus and Fambas and got nearly 20k milk and 13 exceptional samples in 20mn time :roll:

atm, considering my lvl, 66 domestic trader, and the quality of my ressources i'm not able to cap anything, the SS I use is +2.37 milking quantity (capped is +3 according to Onnyx chart).

edit : a little update. I went back to my now famous Kaduus and milk them a first time without Starshine, then an hour later I came back and milk again the exact same creatures but this time with my +2.37 SS.

here are the diff sets of samples :

1st (without SS) : 13 samples from 265 to 363 units with an average sample of 315 units
2nd (with SS) : 14 samples from 636 to 1104 units with an average sample of 847 units ....
Awesome, that means almost no waiting time and almost triple the yield with the SS you used. Great, I will add that to the info above--tomorrow, now I will pander to wifie and then play SWG :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Soxna_Burafett
Novice Crafter
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 am
Location: France, near Paris

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Soxna_Burafett » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:32 am

hehe I hope the game was good and wifie happy :D

Ijust wanted to tell something I completely forget when I last update my post about the samples ... :oops: waiting for the second sampling, I grinded some xp and took 1 lvl. I'm not sure it is really important about the amount collected.
Chimaera : Soxna, Structure Trader and SaiSai, Smuggler
Farstar : Bartabas, Domestic Trader (Chef) and Abitop, Spy

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re:

Post by Belisama » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Zimoon wrote:Carnivore Meat Naboo: Cat, Chuba, Narglatch, Plains Hunter, Prowler, Shaupaut, Slice Hound, Spitting Rawl, Swamp Stalker, Veermok
Herbivore MeatNaboo: Bolle Bol, Chuba, Gnort, Gualama, Falumpaset, Mott
So Chuby drop both ? *g*
BTW it seems that flesh eating chuba give Carnivore, the others herbivore ;)

Best
Bel
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Carnivore Meat Naboo: Cat, Chuba, Narglatch, Plains Hunter, Prowler, Shaupaut, Slice Hound, Spitting Rawl, Swamp Stalker, Veermok
Herbivore MeatNaboo: Bolle Bol, Chuba, Gnort, Gualama, Falumpaset, Mott
So Chuby drop both ? *g*
BTW it seems that flesh eating chuba give Carnivore, the others herbivore ;)

Best
Bel
Hehe, should have specified "flesh eating", thanks for spotting this B :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Belisama » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Zimoon wrote:Hehe, should have specified "flesh eating", thanks for spotting this B :)
/Zimoon
To be true - for my newsletter i always copy your guide with the info what to hunt for the stuff i want. I got 3 replies so far telling me that Chubas give herbivore...
So i thought: Next time there is good carnivore meat at Naboo i want correct informations ;)

Best
Bel
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Hawtie
Novice Crafter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Hawtie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Upon harvesting Wild Meat on Yavin, I noticed that the choku's you've listed are dropping Avian Meat only. Mamiens are dropping the Wild Meat though. Thanks for this guide too, I greatly appreciate it.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks, I will look into it tomorrow. Any corrections are warmly welcomed and helpful for the community :D

/Zimoon

User avatar
Gwen
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:49 am
Location: Theed, Naboo

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Gwen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Nice guide, thanks for sharing. Now i know what critters gives domesticated milk :mrgreen:. Come to think of it, i spent 5 hours roaming the entire tat planet looking for domesticated milk. I tried milking banthas and I got wild milk from them. I am under impressions that you'll get wild milk from all tat bantha.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 am

Gwen wrote:Nice guide, thanks for sharing. Now i know what critters gives domesticated milk :mrgreen:. Come to think of it, i spent 5 hours roaming the entire tat planet looking for domesticated milk. I tried milking banthas and I got wild milk from them. I am under impressions that you'll get wild milk from all tat bantha.
Did you try the Dwarf Banthas as well?

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: GUIDE - Creature Resources

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:33 am

I have now updated the guide with your recent comments (after checking against swgpets.com ;)). Corrections are always welcomed, also on items in Tips&Hints section.

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re:

Post by Belisama » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 am

Zimoon wrote: Wooly Hide
Endor: Arachne, Gurreck, Mantigrue
You know that i was not able to find any arachne that have wooly hide? All i found have no hide at all ;)
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote: Wooly Hide
Endor: Arachne, Gurreck, Mantigrue
You know that i was not able to find any arachne that have wooly hide? All i found have no hide at all ;)
What can I say but http://www.swgpets.com/creatures?hide=W ... anet=Endor ?
I am certain that all my Endor Wooly hide came from Mantigrues, they look nice but are evil 8)
But that was a while back, has anything changed? Was this in the middle of a "resource shift"?

/Zimoon

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote: Wooly Hide
Endor: Arachne, Gurreck, Mantigrue
You know that i was not able to find any arachne that have wooly hide? All i found have no hide at all ;)
What can I say but http://www.swgpets.com/creatures?hide=W ... anet=Endor ?
I am certain that all my Endor Wooly hide came from Mantigrues, they look nice but are evil 8)
But that was a while back, has anything changed? Was this in the middle of a "resource shift"?

/Zimoon
Sorry, reading once again I found "arachne" ... hmm, where did that come from. Editing right away and thanks.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest