removal of barrels now what?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

getkicking
Novice Crafter

removal of barrels now what?

Post by getkicking » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 pm

With the removal of barrels, what else can we craft to exp grind when casks stop becoming efficient exp vs resource. I am level 68 and casks are starting to lose their potency on the grind.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: removal of barrels now what?

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 am

getkicking wrote:With the removal of barrels, what else can we craft to exp grind when casks stop becoming efficient exp vs resource. I am level 68 and casks are starting to lose their potency on the grind.
Welcome around and good to see new members here :)

Yeah, the profession progression has been a sore spot for me in a long time but so far not much has happened, or just about nothing, to be honest. For all Traders but Structure Traders the progression is painfully slow and non-rewarding. I don't know what the Senators think but ... :(
The problem is that most skilled Traders are already Masters and have since long lost interest in this topic 8)

I must admit I am ignorant of the XP payout but what about pet food? Possible to craft even without good resources, just the less charges. Does that sell?

Right now I would go for Poucher Belts and sell until it is no longer the flavor of the month and hope that will yield another level or two.

Remember collections, Onyx has a post somewhere about them, I have a link in the Beginners Guide in the General crafting forum, about which collections that are doable for Traders and gives XP.

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 pm

With the new monthly respec counter being lowered by one, it may be more efficient to temporarily switch to structures to grind levels out that way. I'm sure I am going to catch a lot of flack for even suggesting that, but I just became a Chef after years of ignoring my Trader and using him for only decorating my houses. :oops:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

getkicking
Novice Crafter

Post by getkicking » Fri May 01, 2009 2:27 pm

fridge33sam wrote:With the new monthly respec counter being lowered by one, it may be more efficient to temporarily switch to structures to grind levels out that way.
Yea I have been told that on line as well. the only thing stopping me is the 1 million credits it now costs to respec since the patch. :shock:

I was a Engineer and respeced long ago to domestic, it was needed for the greater good of the City, so to respec now would cost way to much and I only have 500 k (still a noob :wink: )

Thanks for the suggestions. I will just experiment until I find something that gives good exp at reasonable cost in resources. I will post if I find something.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Fri May 01, 2009 3:29 pm

If you've been an engineer for a while then specced to dom why is the respecc so much. I've respecced from Eng to Dom to Eng to Dom and back again in the past two months and have only spent 500k?

Did you do a lot of respeccing before becoming a trader?

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

getkicking
Novice Crafter

Post by getkicking » Fri May 01, 2009 4:52 pm

No I only respeced once, and I got that figure from guildies who were respecing yesterday.

I got a message today when I logged in that my respec account was back to 0 so I can respec again for free. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 01, 2009 6:33 pm

getkicking wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:With the new monthly respec counter being lowered by one, it may be more efficient to temporarily switch to structures to grind levels out that way.
Yea I have been told that on line as well. the only thing stopping me is the 1 million credits it now costs to respec since the patch. :shock:

I was a Engineer and respeced long ago to domestic, it was needed for the greater good of the City, so to respec now would cost way to much and I only have 500 k (still a noob :wink: )

Thanks for the suggestions. I will just experiment until I find something that gives good exp at reasonable cost in resources. I will post if I find something.
I don't get this, with the monthly decrease on the respec counter you should be down to zero cost unless you have respeced a lot recently.

/Zimoon

getkicking
Novice Crafter

Post by getkicking » Sat May 02, 2009 4:59 pm

At the time of that post Zimoon, I didn't know about the timer. Notice my last post that said when I got in that day I got the message that my respec timer was back to 0.

Noob hard at work. :lol:

Sentry
Novice Crafter

Post by Sentry » Fri May 08, 2009 4:26 pm

If I remember corectly, the respec fees go something like this

1st = 0 credits
2nd = 100k
3rd = 150k
4th = 250k
5th = 500k
6th = 1 Mil
7th = 6 Mil
8th = 7 Mil
9th = 8 Mil
10th = 9 Mil
11th = 10 Mil
12th+ = 25 Mil

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 08, 2009 10:39 pm

And each month without respec takes you downwards one level, decay is back in SWG 8)
/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 pm

I would love to see a re-worked decay system back in the game.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 am

I ground my domestics all the way to 90 without respecs just to see if I could do it since my first trader was already structures. As soon as I could I started making pet food, even having someone make me some bantha butter schematics before I could make it myself. After a while my guild started getting anxious for certain clothing items so I practice ground large glasses and then casks. At level 66 I started wondering if it may be worth a respec... but decided to try something my combat toon had used to level. I got Akihawa access to the meatlump hideout and did the bugging the meatlumps and bug squishing wine quests. Since these are 'collection xp' quests I gained 3 levels instantly. I did this every day until 86, before they got rid of the barrels, but it would have only taken a couple more days to complete the last four levels with these collections. There are other collections that deal xp, and I preferred leveling this way because I hate to throw away resources in practice mode.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:19 pm

This is why I long ago posted Trader Profession Progress Proposal at the official boards 8)

Not much has happened since, has it? :(

/Zimoon