Fallen Earth

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Fallen Earth

Post by Memnoc » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Since and and most people in this forum like crafting I try and keep an eye out for crafting mmo which would be fun to do and have some of the old aspects of swg mixed in with new mmo idea's. I don't know alot about Fallen Earth but did come across this Fallen Earth video talking abit about crafting enjoy.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... -Feed.html

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Fallen Earth

Post by Memnoc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 am

What are some of your thoughts after watching the Fallen Earth video about the crafting aspect of the game.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 am

It wants me to do a manual install of Windows Media Player 11 before I can view it. :(

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:20 am

I am not sure what to make of the idea that my horse could break down in the wilderness and I have to run back to town to get it food or have it towed back.

I like the crafting ideas used, it sounds rather in depth which is good and I really like the idea that the best items in the game are crafted items but I am not sure I trust a game where the video of the crafting system shows absolutely no crafting and the demo the guy is showing us crashes with a memory leak.
Last edited by Monty Burns on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Savacc wrote:It wants me to do a manual install of Windows Media Player 11 before I can view it. :(
You can download the media Player 11 from the windows site.

When we played swg "not me" but some still do we as crafters like swg crafting for a number or reasons. It may have been indepth involment of crafting it could have been the choices we had in swg crafting. But whatever reason you liked swg crafting does Fallen Earth beta have the same or "possibly" the same indepth crafting system that swg.

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:18 pm

I have been watching this game for over a year now. While I am not an expert and things may change the devs have stated that crafting will involve time and can be done offline. Basically you can que up a few projects and be off doing something else while you are waiting. similar to factories IMO. the other thing is that they have stated that almost every single object in the game can be deconstructed into base resources. Even after the object is crafted it can be deconstructed but you will lose some of the resources. Crafting will notbe an Alt-toon thing either. they have stated that they dont want to seperate combat vs crafters.

You can do a search here: http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenear ... ne=-1&f=18

alot of questions are answered but you may have to do some digging

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Fallen Earth looks exciting. As a player you can craft and reach cap level without having too pvp or grind for combat xp. If you wanted to a player can end up just crafting too hit cap.

And heres the new buggy.
Dune Buggy

The dune buggy is a mid-level vehicle that crafters will be able to make when they reach Northfields. The knowledges involved in building the dune buggy are discovered through research, extrapolating from the ATV and motorcycle knowledges characters will have gotten earlier in their vehicle-building careers. Like most vehicles, the secret to their construction is found through lots of work crafting components and doing research.

At its core, the dune buggy is the mid-range vehicle of Fallen Earth. It uses more gas than an ATV, but has more hit points and cargo. It isn’t as fast as the Interceptor, but it is much more fuel efficient and much easier to build or repair. It is slower than a motorcycle, but can take a lot more punishment and has a bigger fuel tank. The dune buggy will probably be the vehicle of choice for many characters, since not everyone needs the high-performance abilities of the Interceptor. Also, like the Interceptor, the dune buggy can mount machine guns on its chassis.

The dune buggy is available in several versions, from the basic dune buggy all the way up to the Skirmish Buggy. Some dune buggy versions use different types of fuel, such as biodiesel or batteries, while others have varying amounts of armor, levels of fuel efficiency, and cargo. A basic dune buggy is worth about 15K chips, while a Skirmish Buggy is worth upwards of 200K chips.

All vehicles are made out of four core components: frame, engine, tires, and control system. Some also have a fifth core component in the form of weaponry. Many vehicles also require vehicle repair kits of varying qualities to represent all the little bits needed to put the major components together. Building a basic dune buggy requires a Science skill of 75, while building a skirmish buggy requires a Science skill of 195. The basic dune buggy requires 225 hours to construct all the core components and put them together into the finished vehicle.

Components needed for the core components of a dune buggy (which are subject to change through the testing process, but the ballpark is about right):
Engine:
Scrap Steel: 40
Scrap Gears: 30
Scrap Fasteners: 30
Weak Geologic Chemical: 10
Salvaged Copper: 15

Tires:
Scrap Rubber: 50
Weak Geologic Chemical: 30
Scrap Steel: 20

Control System:
Salvaged Copper: 15