shipwright Powerup

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

DarkEclip
Novice Crafter

shipwright Powerup

Post by DarkEclip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:03 am

Hi i would like to know what i need between assembly, experimentation or luck pup's
and if i need reverse engineer suit and pup's for Space Re or just expertise its OK

Thx

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: shipwright Powerup

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:37 am

Dont use Powerups fpr crafting. Powerups last, what, 20 min, half an hour? Thats only one crafting session. Instead get SEAs that last forever. RE suits are for the ground RE process. If you have the two expertise boxes, you have all the RE bonus Shipwrights can ever get. Shipwrights get screwed when it comes to crafting suits because there is no one single Shipwright Crafting Skill, instead there are seven. Ill give you a link to a guide on the SOE forums.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=418499

Im on record as believing that Assembly Skill is not necessary in Shipwright Crafting Suits. Experimentation Skill is essential and Luck is useful.

DarkEclip
Novice Crafter

Post by DarkEclip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 am

Thx but i have already a full suit with 49 luck and +8 experimentation and +11 assembly on all chestplate and weapon and 35 luck on all other pieces i want use pup's
because i use very good ressources and im not able cap a chaff launcher that weerd. ??? i need more point to spend in experimentation roll and yea i use bespin port and pyo.. cake.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Your resources determine whether you can "cap" a line or not. Pups, suits, Luck will not help if your resources are not good enough.

Now, if you are saying you have been unable to "double cap" a Chaff Launcher, that is get two lines to 100%. First, once again, your resources have to be able to cap both lines, then its down to the dice rolls. Capping two lines on Launchers is always going to be rare, and because we can not make a factory schematic for any of the launchers, we cant mass produce them.

My original advise still stands, never use PuPs to craft.

DarkEclip
Novice Crafter

Post by DarkEclip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 pm

OK thx

Cris-om
Novice Crafter

Post by Cris-om » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Savacc wrote: Im on record as believing that Assembly Skill is not necessary in Shipwright Crafting Suits. Experimentation Skill is essential and Luck is useful.

I'm with you on this one. :wink: Do you know of any studies done on assembly relation with Shipwright? The few tests I've done have shown me that it is completely and utterly useless for us.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Narfblinko, who wrote the Shipwright's Little Helper, I believe, did a lot of testing on this.