Any Help?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

peri
Novice Crafter

Any Help?

Post by peri » Mon May 05, 2008 10:41 am

Hi im looking for a list of all ressources ever spawned on Farstar!

I know there must be a site :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Any Help?

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 05, 2008 11:21 am

peri wrote:Hi im looking for a list of all ressources ever spawned on Farstar!

I know there must be a site :)
Yes, this site, but at the main page and Find Resources.

Disclaimer: The database is just as good as players have made it to, that is, it contains only what players like you and your fellows at Farstar have submitted. Hence there may be resources missing, and some may have errors.

Once you get the so called 30k Veteran Resource Crate (a 6 month one-time veteran reward) you are able to browse all resources that have ever spawned at your galaxy with the exception of some energy class.

Many of us never pop that crate for the lousy drop of only 30k but use the crate as a sampling tool since it shows not only all historical resources but also the current resources. Most often the recentmost resource in each class is listed bottommost. If you are very careful while at the screen where you can read the stats of the resource you can back out and look up another resource.

Why don't we eagerly pop it? We sue it to gather the stats for the resources we submit to this site. It is a breeze sitting at your favorite porch reading the stats rather than hopping around the galaxy manually take a sample to read.

Yes, this site lists all of the resources that have ever spawned, to the extent your previous fellows have submitted data for. Please join the club of submitters, a few resources a week makes all the difference and takes almost no time.

Welcome to the crafting club :)

/Zimoon

Anstice
Novice Crafter

Post by Anstice » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:04 pm

How do you view the stats on the resources without using the deed? I don't want to waste it on junk. Thanks :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Anstice wrote:How do you view the stats on the resources without using the deed? I don't want to waste it on junk. Thanks :)
You double click the "deed" and the first screen read Inorganic and Organics and you choose one of them. Next screen is the sub-classes of the one you choose, so in fact you unfold the tree of resource classes until you finally read resource names of a specific resource class.

The inly exception, where you don't read names of resources, are Space Resources and recycled resource classes, that is since they don't have unique names.

The final screen before realizing a resource into your inventory reads the stats of the resource. So, either double click a name, or the resource class for recycled or space resource classes, and you will read the stats.

At that point, be cautious. I managed to claim some lousy wood by responding to a type chat, for some reason the ENTER went into the resource stats screen. I was lucky and a friendly CSR (now GM) replaced the 30k crate of wood with a new deed. Now I use the ESCape key at the keyboard not to accidentially click the OK button.

If anything is unclear, you are welcome to ask for details :)

/Zimoon

PS: Congrats to your first post here and welcome around :D

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:46 pm

Ya know, considering what we have to go through to redeed a harvester, you would think they could add a confirmation screen warning you that you are about to use the resource deed and asking if you want to continue? :(

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Savacc wrote:Ya know, considering what we have to go through to redeed a harvester, you would think they could add a confirmation screen warning you that you are about to use the resource deed and asking if you want to continue? :(
Indeed they would. They do the same when you claim veteran rewards, at least one double verification dialog.
/Z