Bio Component

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Bio Component

Post by Memnoc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 am

I switched from structure too master chef. Two questions I have are.

For making the food additives Light/medium and heavy it asks for a "bio component". Is it that the BE make the bio components??

And the chef relic ring does it work and is it better then the rings you get when you changes crafting proffessions.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 pm

bio components are now chef made.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:44 am

Why would you switch from being a Structures Trader? :cry:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:16 am

Savacc wrote:Why would you switch from being a Structures Trader? :cry:
Must be that his walls never got as crispy and tasty as my cookies ;)
/Z

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Savacc wrote:Why would you switch from being a Structures Trader? :cry:
I have a structures crafter and my alt is chef. I'm making the tissue anyone know what a research data is for the tissue

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Yeah. Ignore it... was added in the beginning and never lootable... that slot is useless.

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Re: Bio Component

Post by Feralmonkey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:36 am

Memnoc wrote:I switched from structure too master chef. Two questions I have are.

For making the food additives Light/medium and heavy it asks for a "bio component". Is it that the BE make the bio components??

And the chef relic ring does it work and is it better then the rings you get when you changes crafting proffessions.
You need the expertise to make the bio-components. Also I have a chef ring, it boosts your assembly skill making it more likely to get an amazing success on an assembly roll, which means all your stats across the board start just a tad bit higher before experimenting. It is better then the profession roadmap rewards.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:08 am

Feralmonkey wrote:it boosts your assembly skill making it more likely to get an amazing success on an assembly roll, which means all your stats across the board start just a tad bit higher before experimenting.
You realize this is only true if you are less then a master chef? There is no difference between a "great" and an "amazing" success in assembly. They both give you the exact same starting stats, 1-29%.

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:15 pm

You realize this is only true if you are less then a master chef? There is no difference between a "great" and an "amazing" success in assembly. They both give you the exact same starting stats, 1-29%.
I thought it was no difference between Amazing and Critical Success - there was a difference between great and amazing (+7.something vs +8.05)
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:53 pm

SpaceyDaFrog wrote:I thought it was no difference between Amazing and Critical Success - there was a difference between great and amazing (+7.something vs +8.05)
Do not confuse Assembly with Experimentation!

/Zimoon

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Doh. Silly me for thinking SOE would create the same grading scheme for the two separate parts of crafting. I'll never think logically again, I swear it! LOL
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:01 am

Savacc wrote:
Feralmonkey wrote:it boosts your assembly skill making it more likely to get an amazing success on an assembly roll, which means all your stats across the board start just a tad bit higher before experimenting.
Yeah, but I thought the stats were higher on an amazing success, I noticed it pre-nge that an amazing assembly roll had a few percentage points higher starting.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 am

Feralmonkey wrote:Yeah, but I thought the stats were higher on an amazing success, I noticed it pre-nge that an amazing assembly roll had a few percentage points higher starting.
Make sure you are not making the same mistake as SpacyDaFrog. In Assembly there is no difference in "great" and "amazing" results. It has been this way since the very start of the game. I could point you to a very old thread on the .com site where Lunariel first discovered the effects of assembly. In Experimentation there is a difference and getting more "amazings" is desirable.

There is a phenomenon known as a "critical success" in which an assembly result occurs that exceeds what should result from a "great" or "amazing" result. For a long time this was thought to be a benfitial "bug". Now it is assumed to be a result of your "luck" stat.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Is it worth then too invest your money into assembly tapes or could you do better by getting a assembly buff. I had 13 experimentation points and in a research city and still only get great very few times will I get amazing and I "WANT" amazing dam it for chef

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:27 am

Memnoc wrote:Is it worth then too invest your money into assembly tapes or could you do better by getting a assembly buff. I had 13 experimentation points and in a research city and still only get great very few times will I get amazing and I "WANT" amazing dam it for chef
No, assembly tapes are not worth the money, even if they are free. No amount of assembly skill will help you in experimentation. You need experimentation tapes, the city bonus and Bespin Port. These are the only way to increase your experimentation skill.
You can increase your chance of getting more "amazings" by experimenting fewer "boxes" at a time. That is, experimenting more than one box incurrs a penalty to your "roll" for success when experimenting.
There are basically two strategies when experimenting. Your best chance of getting at least one "amazing" success is to experiment one box at a time. However, if your goal is to "cap" a line with only 9 boxes, and have an extra box to use on another line, then your best chance to get the 8 "amazing" results is to experiment all 8 boxes at once.