Chandad???

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

BrassFarthing
Novice Crafter

Chandad???

Post by BrassFarthing » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm

Okay, I have two questions...

1. Is Chandad useful? It gives a buff to surveying, but what effect does that actually have? Does your survey tool gain an increased radius?

2. Is there some secret handshake I have to learn in order to start a thread in the SWG forums? I have looked and looked at the forum pages, but I do not see a way for me to post something (say, like a question as to whether Chandad is of any use...).
--What am I missing?
[Wash] ----- Reading minds? That sounds like science fiction.
[Zoe] ----- We live on a spaceship, dear.
[Wash] ----- So?

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Re: Chandad???

Post by Ryokincaid » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:39 pm

BrassFarthing wrote:Okay, I have two questions...
2. Is there some secret handshake I have to learn in order to start a thread in the SWG forums? I have looked and looked at the forum pages, but I do not see a way for me to post something (say, like a question as to whether Chandad is of any use...).
--What am I missing?
WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY up at the top, there is a link in small text that says "login/change user"

Login there, then there will be a post button in the upper left corner.
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

BrassFarthing
Novice Crafter

Post by BrassFarthing » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Well, I've been logged in while looking, but just to be triple-sure, I went back, re-logged in again, and looked again, especially in the upper left corner.

Alas, no post button. :(
Hm, looking more closely, there isn't any button for me to leave comments on a thread that's already there, either.

Is it maybe because I'm still in a 14-day trial period, and haven't given them my credit card# yet?
[Wash] ----- Reading minds? That sounds like science fiction.
[Zoe] ----- We live on a spaceship, dear.
[Wash] ----- So?

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:20 am

Yes, there are posting restrictions on the main forums:)

I can't remember if chandad actually allows higher radius, but it should.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

oneyank
Novice Crafter

Post by oneyank » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:15 am

A bit old, but incase anyone is still wondering.

According to the game description:

"As your surveying skill increases, you gain the ability to scan for resource over a greater distance. You also gain a higher chance of successfully harvesting resouces and get a higher yield per successful sample attempt."

Essentially, the higher your survey the skill, the greater the distance you can survey over (Max out at 320 Meters I believe) and you also get a lower failure rate and at the same time gather more of the resource that you are hand sampling.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:56 pm

If you have all your survey skill (Dont recall where in the wheel of skills that is, but its probably less then half way), then Chandad will not increase your survey range. If you were lower in skill, it could give you the max range of 320. Even if you are a master, Chandad does increase your survey yeild. Players who survey on Mustafar or Kashyyyk, where harvesters cannot operate, use Chadad all the time.

Why would you want to post on SOE's forum? We are much nicer here.

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Just to clarify this. Chandad only increases the surveying radius and only for those who don't have the 320m radius anyway (i.e all crafters). It does not increase the amount being surveyed?

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:11 am

quantanao wrote:Just to clarify this. Chandad only increases the surveying radius and only for those who don't have the 320m radius anyway (i.e all crafters). It does not increase the amount being surveyed?
The short answer is that yes, it can increase the amount sampled, but not on its own. See this thread on the SOE site with details.

In short: +15 chandad and +20 bracelet, or +10 chandad and +25 clothing/bracelet/etc. I did some more testing to nail down the exact range, but didn't publish the results due to apparent lack of interest from anyone else.

I now crank out my (personal use) chandad using the quantity additive, experiment it to +10 survey and pour the rest into duration. 20 charges/19 minutes/+10 survey in conjunction with the rest of my suit = maximum benefit.

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:00 am

I tested chandad yesterday on my spy but i didn't get any enhancement on the survey range. The bonus was +19.blabla.

Are there any steps or certain values to get the expansion of radius (i.e. +20 = 128m / +25 = 192m etc.)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:26 am

quantanao wrote:I tested chandad yesterday on my spy ...
Or can it be profession restricted? I don't know. Anybody has a half done crafter handy?

/Z

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:44 am

I will make some tonight and give em to some guildies to test it.

Please SOE don't tell me you restricted this to crafters only who have a max. radius of 320m anyway :?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:12 am

Possibly it was never restricted but it is inherent from the days when only artisans had the surveying skill, which is added to by Chandad. Does other professions actually have that skill? If not SOE has just opened up for them somehow to use the tool but skill = NULL is treated as skill = 0. But NULL + Chandad is still NULL. If you get the pseudo computer gibberish ;)

/Z

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 am

Hehe i got it :P

If so then it should be added to the borked schematics list as it's 100% useless to add to the surveying skill when you reached the maximum anyway.

But oh well ... chef lovepatch where are you

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:25 am

quantanao wrote:But oh well ... chef lovepatch where are you
Patch 6 was the lovepatch as far as I remember :P

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Sobuno wrote:
quantanao wrote:But oh well ... chef lovepatch where are you
Patch 6 was the lovepatch as far as I remember :P
you mean preCU patch 6 or chapter 6? :P

If it's chapter thing i missed it, i was inactive from NGE on and i can't see any love seeing you can only consume 1 drink OR 1 food. Also there are only 5-6 foods that actually useful

and so on and so on and so on :P *moan*