Newbie Questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Sharzade
Novice Crafter

Newbie Questions

Post by Sharzade » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi there!

I've been playing SWG for three months and have made a trader. Up to now she's been a tailor, and it's been fun putting tons of pretty outfits on sale, but now I want to try my hand at cooking. I've got a few questions.

Firstly, when foraging my Spy alt keeps finding cute little fruits and vegetables. Are any of these needed in cooking, or are they just for decoration?

I notice that not all recipes are listed in my Chef's repertoire when I'm at the crafting station. I can't find that Kommerken Steak recipe for eg. How do I find this recipe?

Is there a place where all the current effects of the Chef meals are laid out? I get mixed up by all the talk of SWG versions like NGE etc, so I'm not sure when I'm looking at today's Chef info or something that's no longer accurate due to game changes. I'd like to know what food helps players possibly paralyze animals so they can be milked, or which food improves a player's chances when sampling DNA etc. Do any food charts mention effect details like that?

Hoping for a little info to send me on my crafting way!

Cheers,

Sharz :wink:

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Sharzade wrote:Hi there!

I've been playing SWG for three months and have made a trader. Up to now she's been a tailor, and it's been fun putting tons of pretty outfits on sale, but now I want to try my hand at cooking. I've got a few questions.

Firstly, when foraging my Spy alt keeps finding cute little fruits and vegetables. Are any of these needed in cooking, or are they just for decoration?Those are used with the Ice Cream Fryer. Along with the exceptional eggs, milk, and cereal. As yet, I haven't been able to try it out, but will post some results soon. (tm) :mrgreen:

I notice that not all recipes are listed in my Chef's repertoire when I'm at the crafting station. I can't find that Kommerken Steak recipe for eg. How do I find this recipe? Kommerken Steak is a reward schematic. I forget atm what for, but that's why you don't have it, just like the Bantha Stew. There's an awesom site run by ONYX that has a spreadsheet with all the current recipes that I use, I will add the link when I find it, unless someone beats me to it.

Is there a place where all the current effects of the Chef meals are laid out? I get mixed up by all the talk of SWG versions like NGE etc, so I'm not sure when I'm looking at today's Chef info or something that's no longer accurate due to game changes. I'd like to know what food helps players possibly paralyze animals so they can be milked, or which food improves a player's chances when sampling DNA etc. Do any food charts mention effect details like that?See the chart I mentioned on your previous question :twisted:

Hoping for a little info to send me on my crafting way!

Cheers,

Sharz :wink:
Welcome to the wonderful world of cooking. I have answered a few of your questions in blue above. Also check out the chef guides that are stickied on this forum.

I think that's about it for now, hope it helps!

/cheers
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Welcome around, new cooks, awesome :D

Kommerken Steak, see comment bottommost: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=1679

The GU 9 Food Chart: http://www.swgchef.net/FoodChart-GU9.html

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Zimoon wrote:Welcome around, new cooks, awesome :D

Kommerken Steak, see comment bottommost: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=1679

The GU 9 Food Chart: http://www.swgchef.net/FoodChart-GU9.html

/Zimoon
See! I told you someone would beat me to updating the links. :mrgreen: (He always beats me to it!)

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 pm

:mrgreen:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 pm

And it was actually in the stickied FAQ just above this post. I just edited it now to highlight the interesting items :)

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 pm

I just read the Komerkan steak schem since it was posted above. I haven't had either toon run the Lump theme park, I am boycotting that whole story line. I guess that's why i haven't seen this before.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 pm

fridge33sam wrote:I just read the Komerkan steak schem since it was posted above. I haven't had either toon run the Lump theme park, I am boycotting that whole story line. I guess that's why i haven't seen this before.
Boycotting it, why so, I had quite some fun with the puzzles but admit that some required an English vocabulary that I needed help with. Not that it was so hard, but finding synonyms are not always that easy :)
/Zim

Sharzade
Novice Crafter

Thank you!

Post by Sharzade » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for all the replies, and for getting me to notice all the links etc. I especially like the detailed chart, and will study it carefully. I'm already noticing all that stuff at the end about additives upping certain aspects of crafted food, so it looks quite interesting. It also looks like I'm gonna have to harvest more resources to give it all a proper go. :D So far all I've really cooked is pet food for my buddies and my sampling pet, so I've got a way to go yet!

About the themepark questing for Kommerken Steak, I'll have to see. We're only three friends in the game, so is that enough players to get through that quest, or should we look for other players? Is the quest on Tatooine?

Thanks again for all the help, it's much appreciated!!

:wink:

Sharz

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:19 am

Zimoon wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:I just read the Komerkan steak schem since it was posted above. I haven't had either toon run the Lump theme park, I am boycotting that whole story line. I guess that's why i haven't seen this before.
Boycotting it, why so, I had quite some fun with the puzzles but admit that some required an English vocabulary that I needed help with. Not that it was so hard, but finding synonyms are not always that easy :)
/Zim
It came out right as I was about to take a break from SWG for a few months. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just found it to be a ridiculous addition of non-Star Wars garbage. I have now heard that aside from the Steak, there are some other things that are useful. Maybe I will have to do it at some point, but right now, there are too many other things to do... 8)