In consideration

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

In consideration

Post by HyperDragon » Sun May 31, 2009 2:19 am

Ok, i'm thinking about switching from structures to domestics trader, but I would like to know what resources I should keep an eye out for.
Generi Ige, Chilastra, former entertainer, currently structures trader.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: In consideration

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 am

The next thread, under this one, is named "SWGAide Guards for Chef". Import that one into SWGAide and you are setup right away. Otherwise, it will still read the resource classes, just that they are multiplied all over the place. You can of course import it into any spreadsheet application such as Open Office, Excel, whatever, select the classes-column and filter out duplicates in that column.

I'd start out with SWGAide guards for Bespin Port and Veghash, since that is what you want to have, the former since it has really precise requirements on resource classes, and the latter to help your fellow creature hunters with. Then I would read Onyx' list of stuff that sells, she posted a link in here somewhere.

Generally speaking, you want to have flora with highest PE, then OQ, and if they also have high FL and DR you are blessed. And you want wood with highest OQ to fill all slots that just ask for Organic. For tissue crafting you want OQ/PE/FL 50/30/20% (in that order) of both Flora Food and Creature Food, the latter is where your fellow hunters come to play since you will need tons of it. Being in a good guild that appreciate hunting parties is a benefit :)

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 am

I'm also a fairly noob chef, I can advise to soak as much as you can here. I find that I have been slowly gathering resources by doing a LOT of hand sampling. I would have to say that having a guild behind you will definately help. I can't say how many times recently I have asked for things that I didn't have time to get on my own that just 'showed up' in my drop off point.

Start getting stuff together for lots of large factory runs for casks and alcohol. Those are needed for almost everything. I have also decided to leave my toon searchable so I get a lot of requests for clothes. It's a quick way to make a little side cash if you keep a droid available as a mobile crafting station.

that's my .02 cr.

/Slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

Post by HyperDragon » Sun May 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Zimoon wrote:The next thread, under this one, is named "SWGAide Guards for Chef". Import that one into SWGAide and you are setup right away. Otherwise, it will still read the resource classes, just that they are multiplied all over the place. You can of course import it into any spreadsheet application such as Open Office, Excel, whatever, select the classes-column and filter out duplicates in that column.
I don't really understand the SWGAide Guards for Chef. Could you please help me decipher it?
Generi Ige, Chilastra, former entertainer, currently structures trader.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 31, 2009 4:07 pm

HyperDragon wrote:
Zimoon wrote:The next thread, under this one, is named "SWGAide Guards for Chef". Import that one into SWGAide and you are setup right away. Otherwise, it will still read the resource classes, just that they are multiplied all over the place. You can of course import it into any spreadsheet application such as Open Office, Excel, whatever, select the classes-column and filter out duplicates in that column.
I don't really understand the SWGAide Guards for Chef. Could you please help me decipher it?
Open the file in any spreadsheet application such as Google Apps, Open Office, or Excel.
Second column is the resource class names, for the item in the first column, and that was basically what you asked for :)

In fact, the deciphering key is read at the second row, each column delimited with a comma sign.

Best is, however, to download SWGAide and start using it, I promise you, most crafters quickly become addicts 8)

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 am

Hi, my name is Tech Twin, and I am an SWGAide addict.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 am

Tech Twin wrote:Hi, my name is Tech Twin, and I am an SWGAide addict.
And I am Zimoon, SWGAide addict both as user and coder. For the latter, any coder out there is welcomed :)

Soxna_Burafett
Novice Crafter

Post by Soxna_Burafett » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:12 am

And I am Soxna and a new SWGAide addict (even if I haven't yet found how to use some parts of it)

definitively a great stuff, yo ubecome addict in an eyeblink :lol:

edit :lol my first post !
Chimaera : Soxna, Structure Trader and SaiSai, Smuggler
Farstar : Bartabas, Domestic Trader (Chef) and Abitop, Spy

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:12 am

Soxna_Burafett wrote:And I am Soxna and a new SWGAide addict (even if I haven't yet found how to use some parts of it)

definitively a great stuff, yo ubecome addict in an eyeblink :lol:

edit :lol my first post !
Welcome around, a new chef, heh, let the kettles boil :D

/Zimoon

Soxna_Burafett
Novice Crafter

Post by Soxna_Burafett » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:31 pm

thx for the wellcoming Zimoon :D and more important thanks for the awesome work you do for the crafter community ) /chapeau bas

Soxna my main trader is structure on Chimaera, but i created another toon, a chef on Farstar
Chimaera : Soxna, Structure Trader and SaiSai, Smuggler
Farstar : Bartabas, Domestic Trader (Chef) and Abitop, Spy