Difference in Drink Containers

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Difference in Drink Containers

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:29 pm

OK, so I can make tons of pet food and now I want to start making 'people' food. My guildies have asked that I start making some of the drinks, Bestin Port, Breath of Heaven, etc. One of the components is always a drink container. As far as I can see there are a few choices.

According to swgwiki a barrel no longer mulitplies volume by 4, instead it gives the same non-bonus as a small glass. A cask is said to give a 'moderate' boost, and the large glass gives a 'slight' boost.

Is there really a boost to the volume (# of charges?) when using any of the above containers, or would it be best to serve my drinks in a small glass?

I tried to see if this was discussed earlier, but I didn't find anything.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Difference in Drink Containers

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

There is a definite boost to the number of charges between Small Glass >> Large Glass >> Cask and you do not want to cheat out on this. The container does only boost the number of charges, but on the other hand, considering how cheap it is to craft the better containers and that the expensive materials for the real produce does not change it is not even remotely something to gain on selecting the inferior container.

The Crystal Gemstone can be of any lousy quality, you do not need to have good stuff for that, you just need to to have enough of a particular named resource for a full factory run for the drink you want to manufacture.

Small Glass, 10 units of any gemstone (including recycled)
Large glass, 100 units of any gemstone (including recycled)
Cask, 150 units of Crystalline Gemstone (which rules out recycled)

With a self-harvested cost of about 0.3 CPU (counted high) that is 3 cr, 30 cr, and 45 credits respectively. Off of the top of my head the difference is about 6, 13, and 25 charges respectively, which ends up as 0.5 cr/sip, 2.3 cr/sip, 1.8 cr/sip respectively. For the crystal, plus some minor cost for the factory run.

However, considering the cost for the HQ resources, which is the same per container, there is a huge benefit the better containre you use. In fact, you more or less gets 4 times as many charges for the same cost. Do we need to say more? :D

Good luck
/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Awesome! The math lost me, but I'm at work and just finished a long day.

Can you confirm then that the barrel shouldbe ruled out?

/slakkarr

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes, the barrel is being removed as a craftable scheme for chef's with the new update.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Tech Twin wrote:Yes, the barrel is being removed as a craftable scheme for chef's with the new update.
About time, I wonder why they never just fixed it :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Tech Twin wrote:Yes, the barrel is being removed as a craftable scheme for chef's with the new update.
About time, I wonder why they never just fixed it :P
Possibly they once upon a time realized it gave too much an advantage 8)
/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:35 pm

The only problem I have with your math, Zimoon is that it takes a factory run of 'trim' to craft the casks. Meaning that you can only have a maximum of 500 casks in any factory run of drinks.

With Large Glasses, you can do an entire run of 1000, which sometimes is the better choice. Not often, but sometimes.

I only need to take this into account when making my 'spice substitute' foods as my customer pays for the biggest, and best single runs he can get.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

You are correct, that is the drawback of whippong something up at work 8)

Rectify the numbers as you feel for, it would still show the benefit of using vasks :)

/Zimoon

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 am

Trixie9819 wrote:The only problem I have with your math, Zimoon is that it takes a factory run of 'trim' to craft the casks. Meaning that you can only have a maximum of 500 casks in any factory run of drinks.

With Large Glasses, you can do an entire run of 1000, which sometimes is the better choice. Not often, but sometimes.

I only need to take this into account when making my 'spice substitute' foods as my customer pays for the biggest, and best single runs he can get.
Containers do not matter as far as serial numbers. So unless the run of drinks is limited by something else (i.e. alcohol) then even using casks a full run of drinks is still 1000 :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 pm

I was under the impression (which could be wrong) that you still need the same serial number on the casks as you used in the schematic? Are you sure that this is not true?

If so, then I will be re-doing my spreadsheets for how many I can fit in a factory run, lol. Maybe I'll try it on a run of starshine surprise tonight :)

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 am

Food schems are not limited by Cask serials =]
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue May 05, 2009 2:46 am

Absolutely positive. Drink containers do not require a serial :) It's one of the few positive things about grinding up on casks, you can save them all and use them in factory runs lol (/shudders at the thought).

Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 am

OKI, then all (?) Drink schematics must be rectified so the Drink Containers read "Similar", do you do that Slyvampy or Sobuno?

That is since if any component is not marked as "similar", even if just one is used per item, then it is automatically considered "identical" in SWG and respected as such in manufacture schematics. However, I am pretty sure that none of the Drinks are marked as "similar" in the game, reading the schematics, so this was news for me too :shock:

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

This is great! my first post after finding this awesome site and community and it's sparked a discussion and correction! Now if only I had time to get in game and use the knowledge!

Thanks all!

/Slakkarr
/Nagurra

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed May 06, 2009 4:15 am

Zimoon wrote:OKI, then all (?) Drink schematics must be rectified so the Drink Containers read "Similar", do you do that Slyvampy or Sobuno?

That is since if any component is not marked as "similar", even if just one is used per item, then it is automatically considered "identical" in SWG and respected as such in manufacture schematics. However, I am pretty sure that none of the Drinks are marked as "similar" in the game, reading the schematics, so this was news for me too :shock:

/Zimoon
You are correct in that they don't say "similar". And that is because the draft schematics only call for 1 to be used. If you look at the manufacturing schematic though, you will see that no serial is listed. I think there are a few other things that fit into the same category but you would only know that from looking at the manufacturing schematic details and/or the "list ingredients" from the factory menu.

On a manufacturing schematic, if there is no serial listed then there is no need for identical items.