Noob Question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Noob Question

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Most of the Organic resources have DR,FL,PE and OQ.

How does each one effect the end product and which are generally the best to look for when harvisting?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Noob Question

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 am

Most customers of Chef stuff focus their eyes only at Nutrition, so IMHO a rookie should concentrate on PE/OQ in that order, get both over 960 (caps considered plus resource refinery expertise) and you should be fine. Once you have a good stock you may start look at the other two to enhance charges and to reduce filling (which is currently not in use).

If the produce only calls for Organic, find something that do not have PE and FL, Wood for example. That works as long as at least one other resource fills the PE slot. More in this is discussed in the beginners guide in the general crafting forum board.

/Zimoon

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:47 am

For flora food and creature food, look for high PE/OQ, weighted 66%/33% - this affects the nutrition line and buff potency. High FL/DR is worthless alone, but will add to the value of the resource in conjunction with high PE/OQ, specifically: flora food and creature food with OQ/PE/FL weighted 50%/30%/20% which is used in bio-tissues.

For flora structural and creature structural, look for high OQ; these are used in both bio-tissues and food. As with the other resources, high DR is a bonus, low DR is not a dealbreaker.

BM components are the exception to these rules; look for corn and wood with OQ/DR weighted 80%/20%.

In all cases, as Zimoon noted, the weighted average of the important stats needs to be over 960 for maximum profit and quality. But bear in mind that "wild" organics have PE caps of 700; this includes wild cereals, flowers, herb/dom meat, wild milk, but NOT wild meat.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm

A few other caps for chefs to remember (some of these have other caps on stats that we don't use):
  • a cap of 700 on FL for domesticated milk, all domesticated cereals and wild meat
  • a cap of 700 on PE for avian, domesticated and herbivore meats
  • a cap of 700 on DR for avian bone
  • a cap of 800 on DR for general wood and deciduous wood
  • a cap of 600 on DR for general soft wood and conifer wood
  • a cap of 500 on DR for evergreen soft wood
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Tinsel wrote:For flora structural and creature structural, look for high OQ; these are used in both bio-tissues and food. As with the other resources, high DR is a bonus, low DR is not a dealbreaker.

So for the structural resources is 80/20 OQ/DR good or would 90/10 be better?

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:26 am

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question... a weighting of OQ/DR 80%/20% is required on the structural resources (wood) used in some BM components. For bio-tissues, the wood most often used just requires OQ (so OQ100%). For the hide, wood, and bone used in food proper, it's basically 100% OQ again - the DR is a bonus but not a deal-breaker. I don't understand the 90%/10% part of the question... it is what it is, and the weighting is 80%/20%, that part is utterly fixed.

Unless I miss my guess, you're working on domestics guards for SWGAide? Since you cannot set the exact weighting in SWGAide guards (it is always the sum), I skip over thresholds and just use multiple sets of guards for the resources which, in different schematics, require different stats. For example, for structural, my guards are:
Wood - OQ 960+ (chef food, BE nutrients)
Wood - OQ 900+, DR 720+ (BM comps)
Corellian Deciduous Wood - OQ 700+ and SR 550+ (munitions)
Bone - OQ 960+ (chef food)
Bone - OQ 850+, SR 850+ (munitions)
Hide - OQ 960+ (chef food)
Hide - OQ 900+, SR 900+ (munitions)
... and so on. There is probably a better way to do this, and it's possible I've misunderstood, but this was the simplest line from A to B for me.

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 am

k. thx