Relevance

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Relevance

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Seems like a constant struggle to prove Chefs are relevant. Most of the combat types I talk to in game either don't know much about food buffs or don't bother with them, only do entertainer/medic buffs. As a noob to the profession I'm at a loss to get them hooked on my product or even explain how the various stuff is useful. I like the experience of being a chef, but I'm not even sure if it's a useful profession. Does anybody have any thoughts on that?

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Relevance

Post by Ibaum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Traders love food. On some servers PvPers won't walk around without a full buff complement including food...especially those with high bounties on them. It kind of just depends where you are. Theoretically it's the one "sustainable" trader type in that your products are purely consumables. But make lots of Pyollian Cake and Bespin Port for high end traders, and then lesser quantities of everything else until you find a market for it.
/Ibaum

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Welcome to chef :)

All of the master-level foods are pretty popular with combat characters. The ones I see used the most are Thakitillo, Breath of Heaven, Flameout I think. But I also see all the others used.

Other foods/drinks that are good to make include Mandalorian Wine (looted permanent schematic), as well as Bespin Port as was mentioned, Accarragm, Veghash. Chandad is also used by some.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:23 pm

At the risk of threatening my own job, why do people use veghash when they can just get a droid? I sold a bunch of this, and was frankly shocked that it moved at all.

Is it worthwhile to try and sell the lesser foods to new characters?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:47 pm

wrackspurt wrote:At the risk of threatening my own job, why do people use veghash when they can just get a droid? I sold a bunch of this, and was frankly shocked that it moved at all.

Is it worthwhile to try and sell the lesser foods to new characters?
Because Harvest Droid + Veghash + group together almost triple the yield. All 3 do stack.

See GUIDE - Creature Resources

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:42 pm

I actually did read through that guide, but I must have missed it. Although, apparently this guide is intended for combat characters, and I see you couldn't help yourself, you had to slip the word "combateers" in. Not hunters, not combat characters, nope, you have another term for them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:10 pm

wrackspurt wrote:I actually did read through that guide, but I must have missed it. Although, apparently this guide is intended for combat characters, and I see you couldn't help yourself, you had to slip the word "combateers" in. Not hunters, not combat characters, nope, you have another term for them.
I believe it is used regularly at the official forums ;) :P

/Z

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm looking at this old CU food chart with it's stats. Did chefs get nerfed?

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:49 pm

wrackspurt wrote:I'm looking at this old CU food chart with it's stats. Did chefs get nerfed?
In many ways, yes.

Though when the NGE was first introduced, the only real buffs provided were food/drink. And so the fact that our buffs were "less-than" wasn't as huge a thing as it has become over the past 18 months. Now, in the buff-wars game we currently have, the one profession who's sole purpose it is is to provide buffs is the one with the least-amount and weakest of all buffs....

Something I sincerely hope we get changed with our update.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Onyx wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:I'm looking at this old CU food chart with it's stats. Did chefs get nerfed?
In many ways, yes.

Though when the NGE was first introduced, the only real buffs provided were food/drink. And so the fact that our buffs were "less-than" wasn't as huge a thing as it has become over the past 18 months. Now, in the buff-wars game we currently have, the one profession who's sole purpose it is is to provide buffs is the one with the least-amount and weakest of all buffs....

Something I sincerely hope we get changed with our update.
And I continue and support Onyx!

Onyx for Senator forever!!!

:mrgreen:

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Yes, definitely, thank you, Onyx for all your insights on Chefs. I actually stumbled across your post in the main forums on this topic where you said the class wasn't completely nerfed. I hadn't realized there was different levels of nerfing. I guess there's slightly nerfed, somewhat nerfed, more or less nerfed, and totally friggin nerfed. I suppose we escape that last one, especially if educate the combateers on what we do. Seems like a lot of them don't even know.