In what order does the Free Resource Crate List Resources?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Lilac Moon
Novice Crafter

In what order does the Free Resource Crate List Resources?

Post by Lilac Moon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:41 am

I am trying to figure this out.

When you click on use, and then start investigating a resource -- are the best resources listed first? or -- in what order are they listed?

And how do you know what is current and what is legacy?

Thanks -- I have tried every which-way to look this up on official SWG site and elsewhere, but cannot find this info. Perhaps it's because there IS no prescribed way the the resources are listed.

All I know is that I am wading through hundreds of listings for milk (for example) and maybe I am just tired, but I can't figure out how resources are listed via the interface.

Lilac Moon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: In what order does the Free Resource Crate List Resources?

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 am

Lilac Moon wrote:I am trying to figure this out.

When you click on use, and then start investigating a resource -- are the best resources listed first? or -- in what order are they listed?

And how do you know what is current and what is legacy?

Thanks -- I have tried every which-way to look this up on official SWG site and elsewhere, but cannot find this info. Perhaps it's because there IS no prescribed way the the resources are listed.

All I know is that I am wading through hundreds of listings for milk (for example) and maybe I am just tired, but I can't figure out how resources are listed via the interface.

Lilac Moon
As I understand it the 30k resource crate is ordered by date, oldest spawn to current spawn so if you want the newest resource you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.

With Flora it is relatively easy to tell which resource is current as it will be the last one on the list all others will be legacy as I think it is only possible for one of each type of organic resource to be up at a time.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:18 am

The 30k resource kit was never intended to be a substitute for the "Current Resources" feature on this site. If you have seen any instructions on how to update resources for here, you realize its a two step process. First you send out survey droids to find which resources are in spawn and on what planets. Then you open the 30k deed to find their stats.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am

Details from nit-picking me 8)

The most recent resources are almost always listed bottommost. But it happens occasionally that it is topmost, then only for that playing session and it will show up bottommost the next time. I believe it has something to do with the lookup in the databases, alternatively networking and client-side sorting. A hiccup or glitch.

I updated creature resources for a long time at Gorath using filtered lists of current resources from SWGCraft and the 30k, manually comparing the "bottommost" name, if there was a new name it was a new spawn. So, the ISDroids are great for the resource classes they cover, but they are not really required.

The latter is why I am adding manual submission of data to SWGAide, it will write a filtered list of current resources + missing resources to an in-game notes file. Manually compare that file with the content in the 30k deed, or the survey devices, or by hunting down creatures. Edit what needs to be edited, watch the result in SWGAide, rectify, and submit.

/Zimoon