Recyclers 101

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

liljna
Novice Crafter

Re: Recyclers 101

Post by liljna » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the guide :)

I have a question about who can make these recyclers.

You write that all traders except Domestics can make these recyclers. I am a structure trader and it seems I can't make one either. There is of course the possibility that I am doing something wrong :)

I bought a schematic and it says it requires Engineering fundamentals II, I tried to learn it, but the game told me I couldn't, because I lacked Engineering skills.

So am I missing something here, doing something wrong or are there at least 2 professions that can't make the recyclers (domestic and structure)?

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 pm

The Schematic Required trader has been changed and only Traders (Engineering) can make them now.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 pm

daegon_bria wrote:The Schematic Required trader has been changed and only Traders (Engineering) can make them now.
Thanks for the update, I will change that in seconds. And I am sorry for any inconvenience.
/Zimoon

liljna
Novice Crafter

Post by liljna » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Ah, thanks for that. Annoying I can't make it, but at least I know now :)

Guess I should consider making that adventuring character an engineer instead :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 pm

liljna wrote:Ah, thanks for that. Annoying I can't make it, but at least I know now :)

Guess I should consider making that adventuring character an engineer instead :P
Level up to 90 first, all Trader professions but Structure Trader are sloooooow, even if DE is one of the better. Just watch out for your future resource needs while you level up :)

/Zimoon

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:22 pm

I know I'm lazy, but I have leveled up all of my traders as Structure first. But in my defense, my first trader was a structures and stayed that way. I have a DE (still a level 6!) on another server that I'm toying with leveling up the long way. But I only made that one to put a vendor out for my little Jedi that is slowly coming along. Anyhoo, off topic.

I'm glad for this guide too. I didn't know you had to have them in your inventory. No wonder the thing won't take any of my resources, LOL!

Borderlad
Novice Crafter

Post by Borderlad » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am

Is there an effectiveness rating on recyclers?
Do resource quality and experimentation matter when making them?

Please forgive me if my questions seem silly. Last time I got to play regularly was before recyclers existed, and I'm not able to get back in yet, either. (Hopefully before much longer - I miss crafting :cry: )

Thank you.
"I never heard of a board attacking anybody." - B. Lee

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:49 pm

no, there is no quality whatsoever, just the parts and any resource that fits the bill :)

Most components is either bought cheaply at the Bazaar, or vendor-search (which is also new to you then ;)). Or you will loot all of them while leveling some combateer doing the Legacy quests 8)

/Zimoon