Beginner's Guide For Traders

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Savacc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:45 am

I havent played all summer, and I wont be able to play till I return to my own computer in Sep. However I recall testing this out last Spring. What I found was that the Bazaar listings did list after a reboot, it was the overhead map and planetary map listings that would not show up till the vendor was "loaded" by a player entering the room.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:49 am

If that is the case it is changed since when I quite upset run a lengthy thread in one of the official trader forums. All elder crafters told me "it has been this way since 2003" and somebody tried to teach me how databases are programmed and how they work 8)

In a daydream I wish a Dev passed by that thread by then and added that no-brainer of code that make your notice true, Savacc. I won't dispute it until confirmed/negated. But I do hope you are correct :)

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:05 pm

This would make sense (the bit about the maps not updating after reset) as to why my town's overhead maps haven't been showing the names of the registered vendors...

I never really noticed until recently, when I became more serious about what I am selling.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

oceanseleven
Novice Crafter

Re: Beginners' Guide For Traders

Post by oceanseleven » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:08 pm

"Advanced Assembly from Entertainers is supposed to address Artisan Assembly. Just another ambiguous wording from SOE."

This quote was taken from the beginners crafting guide by Zimoon.

What this means is if I wanted to make a whistler carbine, and went and saw an entertainer to get buffed, I would not want the Advanced Assembly buff? I would want the Weapon Assembly buff, correct? And luck I should add.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Advanced Assembly is a buff for Shipwrights. As far as I know, there is no entertainer buff for Artisan Assembly.
There is a buff called "Weapons Systems" this is also a shipwright buff, not the one you would want.

For a weaponsmith, the buff you want is called "Munitions". That will give a bonus to your Weapons Assembly Skill.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... id=1056216

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:40 am

oceanseleven wrote:"Advanced Assembly from Entertainers is supposed to address Artisan Assembly. Just another ambiguous wording from SOE."

This quote was taken from the beginners crafting guide by Zimoon.
Nope, it was not, that section of the guide is not edited in a while but the quote is taken from a reply on a post a lot further down. However, I have edited that reply by now. I usually do not walk over later posts when I polish or update the guide. Still I was mistaken in that reply.

What this means is if I wanted to make a whistler carbine, and went and saw an entertainer to get buffed, I would not want the Advanced Assembly buff? I would want the Weapon Assembly buff, correct? And luck I should add.
On the Artisan topic: there are quite a few items that are made with Artisan skills, however, to my knowledge most of these do fine without an Artisan suit ... with the exceptions stated in other posts.

I guess I have to add a section on this topic to the FAQ? Comments?

/Zimoon

samlauncher
Novice Crafter

Re: Beginner's Guide For Traders

Post by samlauncher » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 am

hey can anybody tell me who are the best traders in the market....
Last edited by Zimoon on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed posters signature because this was a spam :P

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:47 pm

samlauncher wrote:hey can anybody tell me who are the best traders in the market....
The ones who offer the best product for the lowest price and never run out of stock. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Savacc wrote:
samlauncher wrote:hey can anybody tell me who are the best traders in the market....
The ones who offer the best product for the lowest price and never run out of stock. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Amen :!:

And in my divinity I also edited the quoted post somewhat :mrgreen:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm

That guy was a spammer and I missed it? Oops :oops: