Sampling Macro Issue

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Sampling Macro Issue

Post by RustyMetropolis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:05 pm

I just recently came back to Galaxies, and I'm having some trouble with my trader. I have tried using multiple macros both from here and from the swg forums. The issue I'm having is that the macro won't loop. It runs fine for 4-5 passes of the macro, then quits. Here's the macro I'm using:

/sample;
/pause 24;
/stand;
/mood none;
/macro sample

I have also tried using the /ui action defaultButton command as well as not using it, to no avail. Thanks for any help.

Tungsten
Novice Crafter

Re: Sampling Macro Issue

Post by Tungsten » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:59 pm

The name of the macro could be the problem. Try renaming it to AutoSample or DoSample maybe.

And welcome back to this great game!!! :)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Welcome to the crafting forums :)

I would suggest changing your macro name to something that is not a game command, also you will need the defaultButton command in it to keep the pop-up window dismissed.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Tungsten
Novice Crafter

Post by Tungsten » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

BTW, there is probably another kind of problem, too.

You pause for a long time after /sample, and your toon may /sample again. Then you /stand, and interrupt the sampling, and, if the macro loops correctly, you would immediately /sample again. Not good.

Here is what I use:

Code: Select all

/sample
/pause 3
/stand
/kneel
/pause 14
/macro AutoSample
The /pause 3 is long enough for the actual sampling to take place. Then I /stand and /kneel immediately. This is good because it interrupts the sampling, but the toon doesn't have a chance to move at all, so in the morning I won't find my toon miles away from where I left him last evening, or maybe at the hospital voyer after taking a healthy lava bath...

The ui action stuff is not necessary, because the sampling is stopped, then restarted, so the pop-up notifications won't interrupt anything.

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Post by RustyMetropolis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Cool. I'll test all of that tonight when I get home. I'm at work posting from my iPhone. Thanks for your help and quick response.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Just goes to show there are several ways to accomplish the same task for sure :)

I use two macros at the same time, works with a pet or droid.

petBuff 
/pause 0.25;
/ui action petToolbarSlot3;
/pause 59;
/ui action defaultButton;
/pause 1;
/sample;
/pause 1;
/macro petBuff

petFood
/pause 3600;
/ui action toolbarSlot04;
/pause 1;
/stand;
/pause 1;
/survey;
/pause 10;
/sample;
/macro petFood
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Post by RustyMetropolis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 pm

HydroTek, your signature is awesome. I work at RadioShack. We all got a kick out of it. Lol

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Post by RustyMetropolis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 am

Tungsten, I tried your macro, both with AND without the defaultButton line. Works for about 15 minutes then stops. I did find an article however from 2004 saying Sony was gonna kill looping macros. Is that what's happened?

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Post by RustyMetropolis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:25 am

I finally got it to work. I switched to a macro I found posted here by Trixie9819 about not using stand or kneel, and repeating the defaultButton command every 5 seconds. Works perfectly. And the article was about xp grinding and combat, not sampling. Thanks so much for everyone's help. And a extra thanks to Trixie. I also have a Jedi Master pilot named Rustee, as well as my trader Cor-rus. Both are on Bria. I'd be glad to offer anyone a hand in-game in any way possible. Thanks again guys. I'll post from time to time in general discussions, as I'm still new to crafting. And I love the table for resource findings. I'll help add to that too as much as possible. You guys are the best. Thanks again.

Tungsten
Novice Crafter

Post by Tungsten » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 am

RustyMetropolis wrote:Tungsten, I tried your macro, both with AND without the defaultButton line. Works for about 15 minutes then stops. I did find an article however from 2004 saying Sony was gonna kill looping macros. Is that what's happened?
This is interesting. I've been using this macro for about a month now, and it never stopped, sometimes it runs uninterrupted from server reset to server reset, when I don't have time to play, and I just park my trader on Mustafar.

Server loads? Bandwidth? Computing power?

Well, it doesn't really matter, I'm glad you made it work. And I'm pretty sure that looping macros are and will be okay with SOE.

RustyMetropolis
Novice Crafter

Post by RustyMetropolis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 am

I left it running as a test while I went and ran some errands earlier. Seems it's still not working properly, even when reverting to your method, Tungsten. Might be a bug. That's all I can figure. I'm running on a laptop that's only about a year old, and I never have lag issues, save for the occasional "loading a cantina full of people lag, which is rather brief. I'm testing it in an open area of Tatooine, so as to eliminate any lag possibilities, still to no avail. I might have to report it to SOE.

Edit: Finally figured out the issue, and the macro's been running for well over 8 hours. Here's what happened, in case it helps anyone:
When I came back to the game, I did it with a prepaid game card. The credit card I had on file from 4 years ago was expired now. Since I had no credit card, my account subscription was "non-recurring" and listed as a trial account. Looped macros on trial accounts only run for 15-20 minutes, in an effort by SOE to stop the third party macros/add-ons/credit sellers. Once I fixed my account, I tested every version of the macro here. And they all do work. Thanks for all the help and patience guys.