Chanlon Instrusive Ore question

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

eddystoner
Novice Crafter

Chanlon Instrusive Ore question

Post by eddystoner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I am on Bria and need this resource to finish the R.I.S. quest. I have not found any spawns of this in the last week. How often does this mineral spawn?

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Chanlon Instrusive Ore question

Post by Zbignew » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Welcome "eddy the stoner" to SWGCraft, I think you have many relatives playing this game :wink: .
Looks like there's only been 36 spawns of Chanlon in 7 years and since each spawn lasts about 1 1/2 weeks you may be waiting a while for the next spawn. Hopefully there's some on the bazaar in a reasonable quantity and price. You could also try the SWG trade forum and find a willing soul. Good luck and again welcome.

Zbig
Last edited by Zbignew on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm

I cannot add anything to what Zib just said, and what is read in the Beginner's Guide for Traders in this forum board. Spawns are random and eventually it spawns. You may want to have a look at Lunariel's bible on resource spawns, there is a link in the stickied "link collection" in this forum.

We know, we know, and that is why many of us advice against speed leveling, rather learn as you go and watch out for the "rare" resource classes. In SWGAide >> Schematics >> Resource Class Use you can get a list of the resource classes you eventually need for a selected profession.

Finally, welcome around :mrgreen:

Zimoon

eddystoner
Novice Crafter

Post by eddystoner » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Thank you for the welcome here.

I have been a lurker for awhile but never actively worked with the Trader.

As far as the Chanlon goes that is a rare item. I will make sure I get a bunch if/when it pops back up.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:13 am

Didnt we used to work together a couple years ago? No, maybe that was a different Eddy. :lol:

The "named" ores, like Chanlon, are the hardest resources to find. Like Zbignew pointed out, it averages 2 - 2 and a half months between spawns. Then it only spawns on 1-3 planets and it spawns in low concentrations (you are lucky to find a spot with 50%) :shock: . Realistically, sedimentary and ignatious ores should be as common as, well, rocks :lol: but maybe things are different in that galaxy far far away :roll: