Profficion scematic problem

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wolf0013
Novice Crafter

Profficion scematic problem

Post by wolf0013 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Well as I said before, I am new, and learning as I go.

Now for the newest problem I have gotten to level 15, and well my proffection tree say that I will be able to make alot of new thing, what interested me the most, are harvestet, but I only have two, one for mouister and other is wind, but from what I can see I should be able to do other aswell, or is it just me who dont understand something

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Profficion scematic problem

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:04 pm

A Trader at level 15 is capable of crafting several personal harvesters yes, exactly which is determined by the profession: Domestic can just do Water, which is the only one Munitions cannot do.

However, now to what makes crafting in SWG more fun, there are all those small tidbits.
In this case you are still using the first Tuned General Crafting Tool which you got at the Tansarii Point Station, right?
Now, open your Datapad => Draft Schematics. Find for example Deed for: Personal Mineral Extractor (easier if you change the view to table view and sort on name :) ).

Look at the complexity, it is 18, right. But Water and Wind is just 15.

All schematics with a complexity 16 and higher cannot be crafted with a generic crafting tool but just with the appropriate "elite" tool. Which tool is determined of what kind of item it is, in the case it is a Weapon, Droid, and General Item Crafting Tool (WDG for short) that you want.

At this point I better refer you to the guide in this forum, the Beginners' Guide for Traders. This topic and several more issues that every beginner -- and also quite a few self-appointed Masters -- is discussed in depth and detail :)

For example, your next question will perhaps be, I see I have this schematics but I cannot see it in any of my crafting tools, what is wrong? ;) --- answer in Chapter 3.

Or, how do I make my crafting tool 15.00? --- answer in the FAQ (ch 11)

Have fun

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 am

Actually, since Wolf is a Structures Trader, he should make a Structure and Furniture Crafting Tool. There is a lot of overlap in the tools at the artisan level, so W/D/G Tool would also work for the personal harvesters. To make the crafting tools, you want the W/D/G Tool.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 am

Savacc wrote:Actually, since Wolf is a Structures Trader, he should make a Structure and Furniture Crafting Tool. There is a lot of overlap in the tools at the artisan level, so W/D/G Tool would also work for the personal harvesters. To make the crafting tools, you want the W/D/G Tool.
Thanks Savacc :oops: