WAS: Need some clarification regarding resource quality.

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

hgamuciello
Novice Crafter

WAS: Need some clarification regarding resource quality.

Post by hgamuciello » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I have read the AS guard text and I have downloaded SWGaide and had great fun playing with it. However, I have four traders so gathering resources can be quite tedious. Will anyone explain how guards work and how I can use SWGaide to alert me to resources that I have been trying to obtain for a year to get my WS/AS and DE on there feet and crafting. Thanks for the help everyone!
Last edited by Zimoon on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split to avoid necroing

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: WAS: Need some clarification regarding resource quality.

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Have you had a look at the help text? Hit F1 and there are much info :)

Select a resource class in the upper left tree of classes
Right click it and start from there
Does this help?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Ooh, and welcome around and congrats to your first post :mrgreen:

hgamuciello
Novice Crafter

Post by hgamuciello » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:20 am

thanks ill give it another look to try and better refine my questions. Thanks for the quick help

hgamuciello
Novice Crafter

Post by hgamuciello » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am

I guess it would be better for me to learn with an example. Can you try and walk me through with what you mean using Link Steel Aluminum for example. I believe AS use OQ and SR for this resource. If I wanted to make SWGaide alert me when a spawn of the resource with a OQ of 960 and a SR with-in 40% of Link Steel Aluminum's cap spawns, how would I go about doing this. I tried making one after your reply and when the pop up screen came on I tried using the F1 file to understand threshold and all that but got lost fairly quick. I want resources that will cap AS/WS/DE items. I have spent a while trying to learn individual caps and resource names, till I was told about SWGaide. Thank you for the help again I appreciate everyone willing to make this a better game for everyone else.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 am

There is a pre-made resource guard for armoursmith here http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =11&t=1532

oh and you do not need 960 to cap armours, you do need it for ws, but armoursmith can easily manage with pretty average stuff. Only primus/kinetic/etc layers need 960 the others are more than fine with 900-ish.

The trick with AS is not to get as high stuff as possible, bit to find decent mats and still cap. I've capped a lot of armours with stuff in the mid-800. trial and errors are required, but using 960 stuff for "normal" unlayered capped armour is just a waste of good resources. As long as you reach 95% on the cores, you are guaranteed 100% cap in the final, actual armour craft, and there you can use even recykled materials.

So, to clarify, for unlayered armours, you are fine and will cap as long as you reach 95% in the experimentation sessions. Use the best high quality stuff for segments, then decent materials for cores and then the worst you have for the final armour appearance. Just try and you'll find you can get away with some pretty lousy materials.

For special layers like primus, you must however reach 100% meaning 960+ quality average.

I'll try to post a real live example later just how low materials you can get away with and still cap.
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Does this help?

:)

/Zimoon
create-guards.png
create-guards.png (50.7 KiB) Viewed 10302 times

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:54 am

Swedishoyster wrote:As long as you reach 95% on the cores, you are guaranteed 100% cap in the final, actual armour craft
Not sure on the actual experimentation percentage ..but reading from my notes on crafting armor cores, you are looking for up to 400 points below cap on the elemental stats, for the type of core you are making. Like for a battle core, you would shoot for 5600, this will make kinetic / energy higher than maxing the core to 100%.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

hgamuciello
Novice Crafter

Post by hgamuciello » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:09 am

Thank you all very much for the quick response and valuable information provided. I will have many more questions and feel comfortable having resources to rely on. Again thank you