Did something odd by accident, is it an exploit?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Did something odd by accident, is it an exploit?

Post by DeathTrooper » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I won't give any details on how I did it, but purely by accident I had an occurrence some time ago. It was easily correctable, if it was ever a "problem" to begin with. Well, I was just in game and thought of that old oddity and thought there might be a way to recreate it. Sure enough, it was incredibly easy to accomplish. By my understanding, what happened breaks no SOE rules as it is simply following their programmed instructions. It is not any sort of hack or alteration, it is just something that I realized can be done that I have NEVER seen anyone do. It does not alter gameplay, in my opinion, for myself or anyone else, and honestly I think every single one of us traders would be happy to know they can do this. Yes, this directly affects us. Either this is a known but taboo bug-act I discovered, or you people need to explain why I've barely been playing a year and nobody else has made this known. I can give details in PM to the Moderators if they ask, or just give a vague description of the effect of this discovery, but sincerely I think this will make people happy and in no way bitter. What should I do?

*Sent details to SOE and asked if I can do this. /emote crosses fingers

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Did something odd by accident, is it an exploit?

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Send me a PM, please. If necessary I will repost it at the moderator forum, otherwise not.

If it is a pure exploit we will not support it, if it is less ethical but not an exploit .... then it is more up to you, but we will let you know.
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Did something odd by accident, is it an exploit?

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Issue handled by PM and ticket to SOE, case is closed.