Cpu, how do you work out how much?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zedd
Novice Crafter

Cpu, how do you work out how much?

Post by Zedd » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:51 am

As ive just returned to the game and have been harvesting alot of resources im kinda stuck on what to charge cpu wise, the resources i have are all current/new spawns. Ive tried enquiring on my servers Trade forums but dont get much advice so asking for help here.

-Zedd-
-Zedd- Jedi
-ObblivioN- Munitions Trader
-Macabre- Domestics Trader

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Cpu, how do you work out how much?

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

This is always a most tricky question, it really is.

If it is bulk resources I guess 1 to 3 CPU determined by the resource type. Bulk is anything that is not called for by name and precise stats close to their caps. There is a paragraph on this in the Beginners Guide for Traders: awesome values on stats that are never asked for are useless 8)

For quality resources, unless not server best it really depends on supply & demand. I see prices really high at time but if these are dust collectors or not, who can tell but the owner. Sometimes I do that myself, I put up something when I have better on stock, but at a price kind of "take it or leave it", sometimes it sells but I am happy whatever.

I have never seen JeCy around these forums, or he is hiding behind another handle, but at the official forums he is the resource broker. Start a thread in one of the official trader forums but make it more of a discussion thread, otherwise it is ignore or moved to your galaxy trade forum. If JeCy responds he may have some substantial input, otherwise ... 8)

As I said, this is a tricky one.
Traders as such are .... merchants .... and they are supposed to smell a good bargain miles away but never pay a cent too much on anything else, right? So pricing are be all end all :lol:

Try crates of 100k for some price. If they sell too fast you are too cheap. And the opposite.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Selling resources is really a cant lose game. Even if you sell everything for 1 cpu you are still making a huge profit. Do searches on the Bazaar to find what other traders on your galaxy are selling specific resources for. Network with other Crafters to find what resources in spawn are worth harvesting.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Savacc wrote:Selling resources is really a cant lose game. Even if you sell everything for 1 cpu you are still making a huge profit....
I agree 100%

Once upon a time I did the math and for a heavy harvie, everything[/u] included, a week on 70% is .24 CPU. And I mean everything, also travel tickets, investment over 1 year, etc., everything. But of course, if something is valuable ... 8)

Actocross
Novice Crafter

Post by Actocross » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 am

I tend to undercharge for everything, but the formula I use is very simple. I just go by the OQ.

OQ
1-399 = 1cpu
400-699 = 2cpu
700-999 = 3cpu

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 am

Actocross wrote:I tend to undercharge for everything, but the formula I use is very simple. I just go by the OQ.

OQ
1-399 = 1cpu
400-699 = 2cpu
700-999 = 3cpu
aaargh can i buy from you plz lol.

what you should do is to check if any resource have two or more stats at 96% or more, then check that resource what it does and if it's useable for a ws, jedi, chef or BM you can charge like 1000 cpu.

never go by oq, unless you're selling to me :-)

I have a secret busines formula I won't share here since the server aint large enough for someone to copy me, but always check what professions your resources are good for, i sometimes make such a killings on bazaar it's ludicrus, if someone is selling a million ore for 60 CPU that can cap weapons core or a subcomponent, you buy it ALL and sell it in small portions for 1200 cpu. Learn what stuff have low caps and look for that, ore with 599 SR oq 959 might not look good but can be server best if the cap for sr is 600 on that particular ore.

Real example:
There was a duranium steel called veneide or summit that I harvested 5 millions of a year back, it didn't look all that good to my architect: OQ988, SR805 UT726 and I was actually using 1 million of it just to make walls, then when I rolled ws I realized it was server best steel to make Advanced Blaster Rifle Barrel (with the SR cap of 815 for this steel it hits 98.7%)and that I could sell them in units of 100 for 1200 cpu. When checking it again it turned out it could also cap armour segments and cores as well... so always look at the cap, you could have a hidden fortune lying around. If I can sell all my remaining Veneide for 1200 cpu I'll make a 4 800 000 000 profit on that spawn alone lol. Selli it for 3 CPU and you make 12 000 000 instead...
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:
Actocross wrote:I tend to undercharge for everything, but the formula I use is very simple. I just go by the OQ.

OQ
1-399 = 1cpu
400-699 = 2cpu
700-999 = 3cpu
aaargh can i buy from you plz lol.

what you should do is to check if any resource have two or more stats at 96% or more, then check that resource what it does and if it's useable for a ws, jedi, chef or BM you can charge like 1000 cpu.

never go by oq, unless you're selling to me :-)

I have a secret busines formula I won't share here since the server aint large enough for someone to copy me, but always check what professions your resources are good for, i sometimes make such a killings on bazaar it's ludicrus, if someone is selling a million ore for 60 CPU that can cap weapons core or a subcomponent, you buy it ALL and sell it in small portions for 1200 cpu. Learn what stuff have low caps and look for that, ore with 599 SR oq 959 might not look good but can be server best if the cap for sr is 600 on that particular ore.

Real example:
There was a duranium steel called veneide or summit that I harvested 5 millions of a year back, it didn't look all that good to my architect: OQ988, SR805 UT726 and I was actually using 1 million of it just to make walls, then when I rolled ws I realized it was server best steel to make Advanced Blaster Rifle Barrel (with the SR cap of 815 for this steel it hits 98.7%)and that I could sell them in units of 100 for 1200 cpu. When checking it again it turned out it could also cap armour segments and cores as well... so always look at the cap, you could have a hidden fortune lying around. If I can sell all my remaining Veneide for 1200 cpu I'll make a 4 800 000 000 profit on that spawn alone lol. Selli it for 3 CPU and you make 12 000 000 instead...
I offer 12Mil :)

Actocross
Novice Crafter

Post by Actocross » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 am

Hehe, well I did say I undercharge most of the time, but considering the economy (and population) on Gorath, it keeps things from collecting too much dust.

Also the resources I sell are usually only good for other munitions traders, so I always keep that in mind when putting em up for sale.