Resource sampling macro

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Resource sampling macro

Post by Tech Twin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 pm

I experienced two issues using /follow without the /stopfollow.

the first as desribed above.

The second was I experienced an issue where I would be the minimum follow distance of 3m and when I kneel the system would say I sampled but it wouldnt actually sample. No other message. no failed to sample and actual sampling took place, just the kneeling. This would repeat for several cycles and then I'd have a completed sample (either failed to retrieved or gathered some resources).

I don't why exactly this happened bu it's never happened since I added the /stopfollow.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact the kneeling moves you beyond the 3m limit that triggers the /follow which overriders the sample action. But I have not confirmed this.

Many people don't use the /stopfollow with apparent success but I've had several problems with it so I added the /stopfollow.

I suggest using Zimoon's to start with and observe. IF you notice problems, add /stopfollow.

If you're using the /follow command and tell your pet to /stay you should wander at all. The only movement you might experience is a 3m circle around your pet but that's all.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 am

OK, so last night/this morning I discovered what was talked about with the missing cycles due to being too far from your pet with just the /follow. I hadn't seen it before because I was butted up against an immovable object, but I tried going to the WP instead of offsetting against my miner.

I woke up this morning and found that I hadn't gained any resources in over 6 hours! I was a little heated, but then I remembered reading this thread and just got mildly frustrated. :P

So, thanks for the /unfollow addition to the macro, I will certainly make that change today when i get back home.

/Slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:34 am

I have tested both macros with my trader full expert in hand sampling and a "Resource Scavenger" pet.

Code: Select all

/follow zimite;
/pause 2;
/sample;
/pause 12;
/ui action defaultButton;
/pause 1;
/ui action petToolbarSlot3;
/macro my_sample;

Code: Select all

/ui action petToolBarSlot3;
/pause 1;
/sample;
/pause 4;
/stand;
/pause 8;
/follow Tipper;
/pause 2;
/stopfollow;
/m sampleT
I think that the other difference (we already talk about /stopfollow) is the /stand before the /follow.
In the 1st macro the /follow is triggered while your toon is kneeled ... he/she can not do this micro move that can be seen with the 2nd macro.

EDIT: in 2nd macro /ui action petToolbarSlot3
Last edited by Paria on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:34 pm

If /follow is triggered while you are kneeling nothing happens, but when you are standing due to drained action and too far from the pet, ~8 meters, you will walk closer to the pet, that is the reason for the 2 second pause.

In fact, that line could be moved out of the macro completely, the command is necessary only once and the toon will remember to follow until you manually have walked the toon away from the pet for some seconds. Thus it can be issued together with the command to tell the pet to /stay.

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Too bad theres no macro to hide from the creatures. I woke up this morning to my dead sampler a few feet from where I left him.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:00 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Too bad theres no macro to hide from the creatures. I woke up this morning to my dead sampler a few feet from where I left him.
Have you considered leveling up your pet so he can defend you? you can leave him in a defensive stance, that way, when you are attacked, he will fight while you dig.

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

I just came back after 5 years. None of my old pets work anymore except the mounts.
I would need to get a new pet to do that. :( Where do I get them from nowadays? Do pets have to be grown from incubators now? There is no way to tame them anymore?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:37 pm

MoonDragn wrote:I just came back after 5 years. None of my old pets work anymore except the mounts.
I would need to get a new pet to do that. :( Where do I get them from nowadays? Do pets have to be grown from incubators now? There is no way to tame them anymore?

They are crafted by beast masters. swgpets.com is a great place for info on pets. If you were on Flurry I could probably hook you up :? They are created on a point system, then have to be leveled and taught different abilities. On my chef I only gave a few points to the beastmaster trade so I can have my pet fire off the sampling assist ability, work as a helper monkey, and defend me (albeit a little) when I'm afk. my BH, he's pretty heavy beast master atm.

/slakkarr

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

For some reason /ui action defaultButton; is putting strange text into my guildchat, anyone know why and how to fix it?

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:11 pm

I can think of no reason why /ui action defaultButton; would have any effect on your guild chat. Is it perhaps a different part of the code?

if you type /ui action defaultButton in the normal chat window does it replicate the problem?

What is the full context of code you are using?

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm using the code basically like the first post's except without the pet part... the macro goes something like:

/sample;
/pause 10;
/stand;
/kneel;
etc etc...

I'm getting what looks like a hexadecimal code with a backslash in front of it in the guild chat channel, something like guildchat: \f0x00a. I've isolated it to that line. When I remove that line the extra chat text doesn't appear anymore.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I finally figured out what the extra stuff was. It is a color code, it disappeared when I removed the guild chat and added it manually.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I spend alot of time there afk sampling on musty. I'm trying to figure out a problem with my charcter he will bounce away from the resource spawn and end up 200m away after a few hours. I've changed the stand too kneel but i get a text spam 'you are already samping' I've tried prone but the charcter ends 100m - 200m away from spawn. I have the extra sample skill and cut the timer too burn the action too sample fast or as fast as the timer and action will allow. But I don't want to end up 200m after a few hours.

/sample;
/pause 10;
/stand;
/pause 5;

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Memnoc wrote:I spend alot of time there afk sampling on musty. I'm trying to figure out a problem with my charcter he will bounce away from the resource spawn and end up 200m away after a few hours. I've changed the stand too kneel but i get a text spam 'you are already samping' I've tried prone but the charcter ends 100m - 200m away from spawn. I have the extra sample skill and cut the timer too burn the action too sample fast or as fast as the timer and action will allow. But I don't want to end up 200m after a few hours.

/sample;
/pause 10;
/stand;
/pause 5;
The easiest fix is mentioned earlier in this thread: Get a pet, tell them to stay, and do a /follow on your pet. I don't recall if this works with a droid, and i'm too lazy to re-read it all my self. :mrgreen:

You can also butt yourself up against an impassable object, rock, structure, etc.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:27 pm

...I don't recall if this works with a droid...
It does :)

/Zimoon