Resource Despawns

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

lowthron
Novice Crafter

Resource Despawns

Post by lowthron » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm

If a shared resource has expired on the planet I am on, is it safe to mark it unavailabe. I understand that unavailable is global deletion. Long ago share resources used to despawn at different times on different planets, but i have read that now a resource despawns at the same time on all the planets it was on. Verification please ?
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the crafting forums as the other is for site discussion/problems

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resource Despawns

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:59 am

Yes

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:38 am

lowthron wrote:If a shared resource has expired on the planet I am on, is it safe to mark it unavailabe. I understand that unavailable is global deletion. Long ago share resources used to despawn at different times on different planets, but i have read that now a resource despawns at the same time on all the planets it was on. Verification please ?
Welcome around and congrats to your first post.

Nit-picking at "deletion" since it is not deleted from the database, just marked unavailable, probably what you meant.

Resource has never despawned at different times in SWG, but far back it took some time (several hours) for the despawn to propagate over all "planetary" servers, causing a few people to believe it had different despawn timers.

/Zimoon

lowthron
Novice Crafter

Post by lowthron » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:29 am

Thank you for the answers, and the welcome. I have been helping with entering resources, but came up stumped as to when to know it was safe to remove the multitude of old ones. That is why I posted in the site forum for instructions, which I had checked, but found no answer. I would not have thought to look in the crafting forums. Congratulations on the great effort that went into this site, it is a blessing for any crafter.