Customer Relationship

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Customer Relationship

Post by Kirneh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 am

Hi,
this topic is not about crafting, but about merchandising.

I know some of you folks send mails to the customers and thank them for the purchase and advertise other goods.

Now I wonder how to do that with the least effort. Unfortunately the IG mail system is bantha poodoo. You cannot send pre-saved text without the use of an external text editor. Also you cannot send an auto-reply. As I guess that the folks who care for CR and send those mails have a pretty good running business, I would ask how you can do that easily.

Any hints?
Thanks in advance!
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Customer Relationship

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 pm

One way is to use the Trade panel in SWGAide, which at one sub-panel has the feature to copy the names for all/recent customers. There are some different options so I suggest you press F1 when at the panel and read the help text. Anyway, get the names (which are pre-formatted for your convenience) and paste into the TO field when creating a new mail in-game.

Probably you can have an in-game notes file for the pre-written mail which you can copy and paste from, another option is to have a mail sent to yourself which you use to forward and paste the names into (but then you will get those > for each new paragraph).

Exactly how you do depends on how often you want to send mails and what kind of mails you are sending.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:10 pm

As Zimoon mentioned: I use SWGAide for it - sending the gmails to "only new" customers. That way every customer only get it once.
With the server transfer i gmailed all customers where i would go. And after house purge our Mall with move a bit also - another reason to gmail all customers. I have not send gmails to all customers before and think will not do it. I don't want to spam people.

What i have is a newsletter (for buying resources). People only get it if they asked for it (or sold resources to me).

What you definitly need is: Set a binding for copy & paste in Options -> keymap -> Chat.

My current gmail sound like this (gmail from Belisama chef + tailor):
Dear Customer,

thank you for visiting TOG rough-and-ready Mini-Mall. I hope that you like your purchase.

My guild just move to Starsider - that's why you only found the TOG rough-and-ready Mini-Mall. Feel free to use our perfect 45.00 crafting stations (WS, AS/tailor and Starship at TOG Mall, food & structures at TOG Diner near it). After house purge at March 3rd you can find the complete TOG Mall right behind the current TOG rough-and-ready Mini-Mall.

BTW my family is interested in buying resources. If you are also interested in selling stuff insteat of only buying them: send a mail for details (standard pricelist and special requests list) to me or visit TOG Holonet Channel: http://blog.saakje.de/?cat=3

Best
Belisama Lotham
Bel's vendors at TOG Mall
http://swg.saakje.de/
After house purge it will be something like (gmail from Rienco, selling random loot)
Greetings,

thank you for visiting TOG Mall. I hope that you like your purchase.

BTW my family is interested in buying resources. If you are also interested in selling stuff insteat of only buying them: send a mail for details (standard pricelist and special requests list) to me or visit TOG Holonet Channel: http://blog.saakje.de/?cat=3

We placed some perfect 45.00 crafting stations at TOG mall for all visitors (the WS crafting station is in main room, all others can be found at the basement. And yes - Sarlacc City is a research center of course.

And now: Have fun with your purchase :)

Best
Rienco
TOG Antique 'n Hoard
http://swg.saakje.de/
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Zimoon wrote:Probably you can have an in-game notes file for the pre-written mail which you can copy and paste from
This is what I do... you can save as many notes files as you want (/note customer, /note adspam, /note shoppinglist) and then you haven't got to go outside of SWG to copy/paste that stuff.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Tinsel wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Probably you can have an in-game notes file for the pre-written mail which you can copy and paste from
This is what I do... you can save as many notes files as you want (/note customer, /note adspam, /note shoppinglist) and then you haven't got to go outside of SWG to copy/paste that stuff.
That's a great idea. I wondered how to use the notes option more effectively.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Another thing with notes pad, if you have several account you can use the old style DOS path. A notes file usually ends up in the folder SWG\profiles\ACCOUNT_NAME\

However, that is not required. But what is required is it must be a .TXT file, and you never type the .TXT. A few examples, all using a file named test.txt:
  • You put the file in the folder SWG\profiles\ (one level "up" that is)
    Then you type /note ..\test
  • You put the file in the SWG folder (two levels "up")
    Type /note ..\..\test
  • From account AnakinSkywalker you want to open the test file but it is in the account Chewbakka.
    Type /note ..\Chewbakka\test
  • You want to open the test file but it is in a folder outside the SWG folder, actually in a folder named C:\Temp. Since SWG usually is in the C:\Program Files\ you need to climb "up" 4 levels to get up to C: and then into C:\Temp.
    You type /note ..\..\..\..\Temp\test
However, you cannot type /note C:\Temp\test. Once you have got the idea it is quite easy as you see, from the current folder, just count the number of levels to climb and then all the names of the folders to get to the file. Usually the first 3 examples are enough.

I have not had the time to add this to SWGAide yet, but it will come.

/Zimoon

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:27 pm

The info about using SWGAide for the recent customers is pretty good.
But about the notes file I prefer for regular used text my editor. It's easier for me to switch to Desktop and cut/paste it from editor.

But thanks for your ideas.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!