Just a very noobish question:)

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Legacy
Novice Crafter

Just a very noobish question:)

Post by Legacy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi everyone, im new to this board.

My question is about caping items you are crafting and the need for crafting suits and such.

Lets take for example: I craft a Space crafting tool, i use a resource with CD 951 wich mean that i will not cap it. I assemble it and have a great succes, with a value 0f 29%, then i begin to esperiment and my final result will be 99% and i will have an effectivnes of 14.70-14.73. Lets say that i would have had a resource with CD 962+, i guess i would have caped the Tool then, am i right?

So my question is, why do i need all the buffs, crafting suits, SEA and PUPS? I DO understand that i ofcourse will need them, i just dont understan how and when i do need them:)

And i have been reading all guides i have found, and im still reading:) Its just sooooo much to learn that my brain kind of stops to work basicly:D
Last edited by Legacy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Just a very noobish question:)

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Legacy wrote:Hi everyone, im new to this board.

My question is about caping items you are crafting and the need for crafting suits and such.

Lets take for example: I craft a Space crafting tool, i use a resource with CD 951 wich mean that i will not cap it. I assemble it and have a great succses, with a value 0f 29%, then i begin to esperiment and my final result will be 99% and i will have an effectivnes of 14.70-14.73. Lets say that i would have had a resource with CD 962+, i guess i would have caped the Tool then, am i right?

So my question is, why do i need all the buffs, crafting suits, SEA and PUPS? I DO understand that i ofcourse will need them, i just dont understan how and when i do need them:)

And i have been reading all guides i have found, and im still reading:) Its just sooooo much to learn that my brain kind of stops to work basicly:D
First off, your questions are answered to in the Beginners Guide for Traders, sticked topmost at this board. A good starter.

You will cap the tool in your example with the 962CD resource if and only if you have also taken the full expertize to refine resources (in fact 960 will do fine), otherwise not.

The other buffs enhances for example your chances to get the more Amazing Successes, the less Critical Failures. A suit can add extra experimenting boxes so you can expetiment a little extra. Entertainer buffs are not really goof for Master Traders but for fledgling Traders. The exception is harvesting and travel speed which is enhanced by Entertainers.

Seems as the trick is to learn what is good for what, right? Who said crafting is SWG is as dull and shallow as it is in WoW? :mrgreen:

Yes, the guides are long and detailed. That is why we love crafting, you cannot really take it all in at once. I know so called veterans that do still not understand the capping system, or other small details of the basic crafting system. On the other hand, I haven't delved into Munitions crafting so I still have a lot to learn :P

Finally, welcome to SWGCraft and enjoy the stay :D

/Zimoon

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Welcome Legacy!!
Ahh the initial confusion that comes with the most sophisticated crafting in the MMO world, you're not alone.
You are right about "capping" your space tool with a better resource but there are some "rounding errors" that cause them to cap at slightly less than 15.0.
The extra experimenting points will come in handy when you make items that have more than 1 line to experiment on. Many items in the game can be capped without them. So save your $$ for when you'll need to start buying a suit or SEA's etc.
Meantime, keep firing away with the questions if you can't find the answers in the various guides and posts here. Always good to see a new face.

Zbig

That Zimoon is quick on the draw!!
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Legacy
Novice Crafter

Post by Legacy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Thank you very much for youre answers, and welcoming:)

And yeah, this craftingsystem is far beyond any other craftingsystem i have come around in an mmog. I really do feel an achivement when i am able to craft something with a good result...its just pure fun:)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Legacy wrote:Thank you very much for youre answers, and welcoming:)

And yeah, this craftingsystem is far beyond any other craftingsystem i have come around in an mmog. I really do feel an achivement when i am able to craft something with a good result...its just pure fun:)
Hehehe, another Swedish guy, Here comes the vikings, bring us mead and fair maidens :twisted:

<<<<=====

/Zimoon

Legacy
Novice Crafter

Post by Legacy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:
You will cap the tool in your example with the 962CD resource if and only if you have also taken the full expertize to refine resources (in fact 960 will do fine), otherwise not.

The other buffs enhances for example your chances to get the more Amazing Successes, the less Critical Failures. A suit can add extra experimenting boxes so you can expetiment a little extra. Entertainer buffs are not really goof for Master Traders but for fledgling Traders. The exception is harvesting and travel speed which is enhanced by Entertainers.

/Zimoon
I have a another question about the above statement. Lets say that i will do the same tool as in my first question, and with the same rescource with CD 951. But this time i have all the needed buffs and suits yeah everything needed, and i have 1 or 2 more experimenting boxes. Would i be able to cap the tool then, even if i dont have a resourse over 960?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

The very first sentence in the Beginners Guide for Traders, chapter "Resources" reads:
Resources are the be-all and end-all in all crafting. Their stats set the limit of what quality it is possible to achieve, a limit impossible to surpass, but which can be moved slightly with some Expertise skills.
Does that answer your question?

If not, the answer is no. A full resource refinery expertize adds another 40 points to the weighed average result from all resources. Minimum 960 on the weighed average result is required.

What is "weighed average"? See the chapter named "Power Crafting" ;) :P

A hint is that it is not resources one by one but all of them, and relative the amount you use them in each slot.

/Zimoon

Legacy
Novice Crafter

Post by Legacy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Zimoon wrote:The very first sentence in the Beginners Guide for Traders, chapter "Resources" reads:
Resources are the be-all and end-all in all crafting. Their stats set the limit of what quality it is possible to achieve, a limit impossible to surpass, but which can be moved slightly with some Expertise skills.
Does that answer your question?

Whoops, i have read the guid both 1 and 2 and 3 times:) So yeah, i should have rememberd that one....DOH!

And ofcourse, thx for doing that guide!

Skål:D

If not, the answer is no. A full resource refinery expertize adds another 40 points to the weighed average result from all resources. Minimum 960 on the weighed average result is required.

What is "weighed average"? See the chapter named "Power Crafting" ;) :P

A hint is that it is not resources one by one but all of them, and relative the amount you use them in each slot.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Skål :D

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Zimoon wrote: Hehehe, another Swedish guy, Here comes the vikings, bring us mead and fair maidens :twisted:

<<<<=====

/Zimoon
Sign me up for that!