changing professions?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

atox
Apprentice Crafter

changing professions?

Post by atox » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm

my wife has a lvl 42 chef, and is looking for a fast slam to 90. she already has a lvl 90 trader on another account so she already understands the stat experimentation etc. so the questions are.
1) if she changes to architect would she go back to lvl 5?
2) is there a quicker grind to 90 chef, as she would at 90 switch back to chef.
not sure what she's grinding at the moment. last i heard it was pro-something or other.
thanks atox.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: changing professions?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 pm

atox wrote:my wife has a lvl 42 chef, and is looking for a fast slam to 90. she already has a lvl 90 trader on another account so she already understands the stat experimentation etc. so the questions are.
1) if she changes to architect would she go back to lvl 5?
2) is there a quicker grind to 90 chef, as she would at 90 switch back to chef.
not sure what she's grinding at the moment. last i heard it was pro-something or other.
thanks atox.
  1. No, she would continue at the level she currently is at, but she would loose any surplus XP over that levels base requirement, do a respec immediately after a new level. This is also read in the FAQ in the Beginners Guide for Traders in this forum board ;)
  2. The fastest, if that is fast, is casks :( Structure Trader is the fastest, see the speed-grind guide at the official forums, in the sticked there.
/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Zimoon wrote:The fastest, if that is fast, is casks
I would really like to meet someone who's actually done this and ask them just what did they do with all those casks since they were useless for factory runs and how many structures did they have to buy to store them all. But at least you'd have something to show for it all, practice crafting that many would surely send you to the funny farm.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
Zimoon wrote:The fastest, if that is fast, is casks
I would really like to meet someone who's actually done this and ask them just what did they do with all those casks since they were useless for factory runs and how many structures did they have to buy to store them all. But at least you'd have something to show for it all, practice crafting that many would surely send you to the funny farm.

I would suggest that they destroyed them or used "Practice" mode and never really made them in the first place.
After all the purpose of power grinding is to level as fast as possible, the products you make while leveling are meaningless.

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Post by atox » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 pm

i remember back around the C.U. i ground thru weaponsmith making nothing but metal rods i think it was. that was a nightmare i wouldnt wish on anyone.