SPLITTED: WAS: Am I making this more difficult?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

SPLITTED: WAS: Am I making this more difficult?

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:25 pm

Fedacorr wrote:You might also want to join the 'Trader' galaxywide channel. I admit it's almost unused, but hey, if we can get folks to JOIN it, you could use it to ask other traders for assistance once in a while.

While I created new tabs for the Galaxy and Trader channels, you can just add them to the main chat tab, and force anything you want to go to the other channels by typing /galaxy textofmessage or /trader textofmessage. Stuff on those channels appears in a different color, with channel name, in the main tab, if it's joined to them.

Yep, there's already an all person, whole galaxy chat channel in the game... and no one uses it at all. Though they occasionally ask for one on the forum. :roll:
Is this trader thing still going? I often wonder why there's no trader only guilds, a bunch of people working together to make a business out of it. Is it because we're so fiercely competitive?
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spliited to avoid necroing ancient threads

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Am I making this more difficult?

Post by Ibaum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:01 am

Everyone in my guild has at least one trader, with one exception (her toons are jedi and entertainer). So they do exist, and we do help each other out with resource trade and spawn points and such, but trading is very independent by nature. You decide what you want to build and get the stuff you need for it and then build it. Really the only time other people have to come into the process is if you need help getting the needed resources.
/Ibaum

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Am I making this more difficult?

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 am

Fedacorr wrote:You might also want to join the 'Trader' galaxywide channel. I admit it's almost unused, but hey, if we can get folks to JOIN it, you could use it to ask other traders for assistance once in a while.

While I created new tabs for the Galaxy and Trader channels, you can just add them to the main chat tab, and force anything you want to go to the other channels by typing /galaxy textofmessage or /trader textofmessage. Stuff on those channels appears in a different color, with channel name, in the main tab, if it's joined to them.

Yep, there's already an all person, whole galaxy chat channel in the game... and no one uses it at all. Though they occasionally ask for one on the forum. :roll:
To be honest I dont think the problem is so much that people don't use whats there but for the most part that they don't know what is available.

One of the huge hassles with the SWG interface is that it is not intuitive, for example very few people know about the /locatestructure or /showi commands which are very useful.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SPLITTED: WAS: Am I making this more difficult?

Post by Belisama » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Ok, we are not a trader only guild. BUT we are
TOG = Traders Of Goods :)

We are a guild of crafters and their suppliers. So nobody have to be a trader to become a member of TOG - a combat type you just need free lots for some harvesters or time to hunt creatures for their resources (mostly hide). ;)

Best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:40 pm

Belisama, you gotta get off Wanderhome. Your talents are wasted there :wink:

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 am

wrackspurt wrote:Belisama, you gotta get off Wanderhome. Your talents are wasted there :wink:
I started on Wanderhome and I think the guild I joined was primarily a trader guild but that was right after the game went live, I got dragged away by friends to Sunrunner, they then left the game and by the time I went back to Wanderhome that guild had fallen over as well, was a shame they were a fun lot.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Belisama, you gotta get off Wanderhome. Your talents are wasted there :wink:
We will see which servers will be hit by the free character transfer... ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE