Looking for some advice...

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Looking for some advice...

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:28 pm

I have recently restarted an old account which contains a 90 crafter and a 90 Entertainer, I am thinking of leaving the Entertainer as is for now but I am trying to figure out what to do with the crafter.

Since I already have a "main" crafter I am was looking at the option to make the second one a hybrid, crafter/Beast Maker (as in making pets not using them), I have an interest in either Weaponsmith or Chef but I have no interest in Armorsmith or Tailoring.

So what I would like to know is whether it is viable or even possible to make such a character and which variation people think would be most interesting before I start changing professions.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Looking for some advice...

Post by Laidbacca » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:03 am

Weaponsmith has seen something of a rejuvenation lately due to its update, downside to both is if you are wanting to craft high end gear you will need a stock of decent resources. Chef didnt take as bad a hit as weaponsmith did with the nge though if its BM crafting you are interested in then look to aquire a tailor experimentation suit.

One thing that is entirely feasible to do is use your ent toon for the BM crafting of pets, its possible to spec the right side of BM and still give all the usefull ent buffs. Then setup your crafter toons as resource gathers with the proper spec in expertise etc to make the most of the BM sub part crafting.

My friend ingame along with myself have several accounts, we can (though rarely) provide the entire range of BM stuff. I do the weaponsmith/chef sub parts, he does the DE subs and final assembly of of all subs. We both have ent/bm alts as well for pet/hydro crafting, i get to sell all extractors for myself, he gets to sell all final parts for himself. We split any profit 50/50 from pet/hydro sales.
Go into it slowly at first, there are large resource demands on the BM side and being geared towards aquiring the resources is a big help, if you can find someone willing to go 50/50 with you on it then all the better, knowing you both have a steady supply of quality subs will help a lot towards the final products. Typically we churn out 20pt purity and 5-7pt mutagen processed hydros without even breaking a sweat, and can process 64 raw hydros a day using 100% capped consumables/hardware for the whole process.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48 am

I was debating using my Entertainer for making pets although I havent been able to figure what the Expertise will look like.

My current entertainer's spec leaves me with 8 spare expertise points and I figure that I need 14 points to make "good" pets.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:24 am

If you are going to make your own BM equipment, then you need access to all four crafting professions. If you are going to buy the equipment, then your entertainer can be your BM.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Inspired resilience 4/4, inspired fitness 4/4, creativity, holism, harvest faire, 2nd chance, go with the flow. Inspired reactions 4/4, inspired warfare 4/4, flush with success and the last two points in intense performer will give you a perfectly viable ent who can buff everyone for combat with decent duration on there buffs. If you think you need the trader buffs more than combat buffs then take it and sacrifice on the inspired warfare. I personally don't bother with the trader buffs as they are more or less useless for anyone who has mastered.

That should leave you enough points to take the entire right side of BM, if you can dual log simply use a jedi to tank out krayts and then hydro sample them using your ent.