I just found the hard way...

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

I just found the hard way...

Post by mysterymantis » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:32 am

...that free resource kits don't have a confirmation action.

At least I got something I can use, but still, you'd think a one use, once per account lifetime item would have a "Are you sure about this?" pop up before it is expended.

I'd ask customer service why it doesn't, but I would imagine that it's not that frequent of an issue for them to make it a priority.

I guess I will just have to use one of my other kits for resource scouting. What a waste.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: I just found the hard way...

Post by Zbignew » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:35 am

First of all welcome , hope you enjoy the site.
If it's any consolation to you, I've done the same thing. I'm pretty sure many others have as well. There was a post in the SOE forums by some senators asking if a confirmation box could be added. Don't hold your breath tho'.

Zbig
Last edited by Zbignew on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:43 am

If you popped it accidentally the GMs usually replace it for you if it is the first time you did it. Just be polite and say it was a mistake and you were not cautious enough but that you are amazed it does not have a confirm box. I repeat, be polite. Ask they escalate the issue if the first guy will not help you.

What you must do, unless you are in game when they come to help you: Put the 30k crate in your house, just inside your door for example where it is easy to describe where it is. Take its waypoint. Include galaxy, planet, waypoint in your ticket. That helps the swap.

If I misinterpreted your post, disregard my post :)

/Zimoon

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

Post by mysterymantis » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Good news!
Based on your advice I sent in a ticket, and they did give me back my crate of free resources. I doubt that this will be the last time I makes this mistake, but it is nice to know that they were willing to forgive my error this one time.

The GM did point out that the window where you select your resource is the confirmation window. That seemed a bit odd to me, as from my pov, it would seem that window is part of the tools normal function. I'm sure this has been argued in the past, to no avail, so I won't wast anymore time on it myself.

MM

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:00 pm

mysterymantis wrote:Good news!
Based on your advice I sent in a ticket, and they did give me back my crate of free resources. I doubt that this will be the last time I makes this mistake, but it is nice to know that they were willing to forgive my error this one time.

The GM did point out that the window where you select your resource is the confirmation window. That seemed a bit odd to me, as from my pov, it would seem that window is part of the tools normal function. I'm sure this has been argued in the past, to no avail, so I won't wast anymore time on it myself.

MM
Sweetness, so it worked out for you, great :D
/Zimoon

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 pm

I'd also like one new tool the type of "CFR" that only returns resources currently in spawn with the stats ie. it does not claim anything just returns the list. It is killing me having to constantly choose this type then this then scroll down etc.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:09 am

alibegoa wrote:I'd also like one new tool the type of "CFR" that only returns resources currently in spawn with the stats ie. it does not claim anything just returns the list. It is killing me having to constantly choose this type then this then scroll down etc.
Welcome around, and thanks for your first posts :D

See http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 7681#p7681 for my comments on this topic.

/Zimoon