No option for experimentation, no idea why

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

liljna
Novice Crafter

No option for experimentation, no idea why

Post by liljna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello,

I have recently returned to SWG and my master Structure trader. To get back in business I wanted to make some harvesters.

I used my old Crafting station (Structure and Furniture Station) and my Structure and Furniture Crafting tool. I could make a Personal Mining harvester, but I could not experiment on it.

If I remember right, I need to use specialized tools to experiment. So I wonder why I didn't get the option this time?
Did I use the wrong station and tool? I tried looking at the schematic in the datapad to see if it asked for another tool, but all it said was 'specialized tool', but not which type.

I have probably forgotten something very obvious. I tried to search for my problem in the general trader Guide, but I could not find anything. I also tried searching here on this site, the Wiki, the Official site, but I could not find the answer to my problem. Again, I sit with the feeling I am missing something extremely obvious. Is there a list somewhere that says what tool goes to what schematic?

I hope someone can help me out, because I'm lacking ideas at this point.

Thanks!

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: No option for experimentation, no idea why

Post by Zbignew » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Never did structures but it might be that you only need a general station and tool instead of the structures one. I think any trader can make personal harvesters. Then again, I might have my head up a falumpaset's rump.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm

Check to see if you find any schematics with complexity higher than 25 while using the structure tool standing close to a structure station. It might be that the station is bugged and must be "reset". By the way, do you see its icon under your name label? Its icon should show if it applies. And do not click away the icon, that is to debuff yourself, and if you did, go out and back again and it should re-apply.

To "reset" a defunct station, pick it up and travel a few planets using ordinary transportation. That is, buy tickets and use the ticket droid, your own JTL space ship doesn't work for this. Did this resolve the issue?

/Zimoon

liljna
Novice Crafter

Post by liljna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

I put in a Weapon, Droid, General Crafting station and tried to use a general crafting tool. The Installation deeds that came up here, were peculiar imo. I could then make generators (wind, solar, geothermal) and harvesters (personal moisture, medium moisture and medium mineral). No other personal harvestors came up.

I then stood on my structure crafting station and fired up my structure tool. I could see schematics for the elite harvesters with a complexity of 40.
I could also see the crafting station buffs under my name.
So if I understand you right, Zimoon, my station is not 'defunct'. I almost wish it was, so I had a chance of fixing it :P

Edit: I think I do use the right tools, Structure and Furniture. I find the schematic on the Wiki (http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Deed_for:_Per ... Schematic)) and as far as I can see it uses the Structure and Furniture tool.
I'm really at a loss here.

liljna
Novice Crafter

Post by liljna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:03 pm

I finally gave in to the 'defunct' theory, which proved correct :)

I grabbed all my stations and took on a sightseeing tour with the Galactic Tours. When I came home, my stations worked again and I could experiment all I wanted.

So they didn't look defunct, but they were indeed not working correctly.

Many thanks for the help, I can craft again and this makes me quite happy :D

If only I had chosen Domestics, so I could bake some chocolate chip cookies to you all.
Thanks again, I am very happy for the help.