Pirates of the Burning Sea

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

Post by Savacc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:22 am

Bought the game and am downloading it now. Morgan Server as a Brit?

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Savacc wrote:Bought the game and am downloading it now. Morgan Server as a Brit?
Yep, damn man, I didn't realize I hadn't been here in a few days. When you get in, look me up, I'm Jared Flinders in the game.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:05 am

I am a terrible pirate :shock: probably because I suck at combat :lol: I better figure out this crafting and trading stuff, otherwise there isnt much of a place for me in this game. :roll:

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Savacc wrote:I am a terrible pirate :shock: probably because I suck at combat :lol: I better figure out this crafting and trading stuff, otherwise there isnt much of a place for me in this game. :roll:
Lol, ship combat comes with practice. There is a lot to learn there. What's you're characters name? I'll get you added to my friends list in game.

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm probably going to give it a try after my exam project ends at march 3rd.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Tyfo wrote:I'm probably going to give it a try after my exam project ends at march 3rd.
It'll be good to see you there man. When you do join, let me know.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:03 am

I was thinking about joining whats the mmo like. You know I'd be a pirate and hunt you all down..Sav would be the first tho :)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:08 am

I would be no challange for you at all. :shock: The NPC pirates are kicking my butt just fine. :roll:

There are four factions, Pirates are their own faction, with British, French and Spanish. If you join a nationality, you can play as a Naval Officer, Privateer (Pirate Hunter) or Freebooter (Trader/Crafter). So if you want to be a crafter, you have to give up those evil pirate ways. :lol:

The system requirements are kind of high (certainly compared to SWG or WoW). But Im a bit disappointed in the graphics, I expected more. Char Generation is very disappointing. The game is too cartoony for my taste (ala WoW) I would have preferred a more gritty realism to a pirates game. Oh well.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Savacc wrote:I would be no challange for you at all. :shock: The NPC pirates are kicking my butt just fine. :roll:

There are four factions, Pirates are their own faction, with British, French and Spanish. If you join a nationality, you can play as a Naval Officer, Privateer (Pirate Hunter) or Freebooter (Trader/Crafter). So if you want to be a crafter, you have to give up those evil pirate ways. :lol:

The system requirements are kind of high (certainly compared to SWG or WoW). But Im a bit disappointed in the graphics, I expected more. Char Generation is very disappointing. The game is too cartoony for my taste (ala WoW) I would have preferred a more gritty realism to a pirates game. Oh well.

Lol, now Savacc, the graphics are no where near as bad as WOW.

To elaborate a little bit though. All classes can actually have structures and make things, however only Freetraders get certain structures, recipes and special abilities to make things easier for us.

Other Classes
Privateers and Pirates can hunt in the first ring or the outer ring around a port when it pops up. As you enter one it tells you you have entered a pirate pvp area. When the inner dark red ring pops, everyone can initiate pvp (if you can catch them). A word to the wise. If you're hauling freight, avoid the red circles whenever you can. They can jack your load there.

Naval Officers are the best at ship to ship, and in late game get the line ships to captain.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 am

I'll check the details of the game on youtube. Anyone a crafter ?

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Memnoc wrote:I'll check the details of the game on youtube. Anyone a crafter ?
Yep, I've been making low and mid level ships. And if you do the pirate routine, they've a pretty good run going on Morgan. The pirates have busted me like 4 times now in the red circle, and twice while hauling goods. Course, I tried to surrender, but they never accepted, so I dumped my goods. I think at this point between pvp sinkings and biting off more than I can chew with npc's, I've lost close to 100k doubloons in ships and goods.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm

I'd like too give the game a shot. This is an idea why not get us together on one server and form a guild called swgcraft. I'd join that I've known you guys for a few years now.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Memnoc wrote:I'd like too give the game a shot. This is an idea why not get us together on one server and form a guild called swgcraft. I'd join that I've known you guys for a few years now.
I'm game, but we need a better society name than swgcraft. If you want to join, head for the Morgan server and the British society and send a letter to Jared Flinders. I'm a shipwright, so I can make ships cheap for our people. (cheap, not free) :mrgreen:

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 am

I'll stop by the store either Friday or saturday and buy a copy of Burning Sea. I have the pre-copy but never picked up the main only have pre-order. How many from swgcraft are on the morgan server and how many characters can we have on one server.?

I was also going too ask how many people are on the server and what crafting profession are you guys. I'll have too read up on the pirates forums. I think you can have two characters on 1 server but if u become a pirate then its just the 1 character...does that sound right.

If you start as a trader what do you start out with some gold and a ship?

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:31 am

Memnoc wrote:I'll stop by the store either Friday or saturday and buy a copy of Burning Sea. I have the pre-copy but never picked up the main only have pre-order. How many from swgcraft are on the morgan server and how many characters can we have on one server.?

I was also going too ask how many people are on the server and what crafting profession are you guys. I'll have too read up on the pirates forums. I think you can have two characters on 1 server but if u become a pirate then its just the 1 character...does that sound right.

If you start as a trader what do you start out with some gold and a ship?
So far, just me and Savacc. You can have a few characters on each server, however they have to all be of the same nation. I have a Freetrader, Privateer, and Naval Officer on Morgan, but they are all British. The nations are British, Spanish, French and Pirate.