Bioware's New MMO

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Bioware's New MMO

Post by Memnoc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Back in the day 2003/2005 SWG was the game. You could really get a sense of involvement and belonging to community. From my point of view swg has went through a ton of changes some good some bad to the point of the game loosing its idenity.

And with KOTOR mmo being created I would like to see a classic server. But SOE has said no even though many would reactivate there accounts too play on a classic server.

So what will happen too swg when KOTOR is released......can we have two starwars mmo's ????

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I suspect once KOTOR is here, SOE will stop Galaxies. I'm betting they'll be glad to see it go with all the trouble they've had with players, especially when they've already got several other MMOs going. Kind of curious about that Agency one, myself.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm

wrackspurt wrote:I suspect once KOTOR is here, SOE will stop Galaxies. I'm betting they'll be glad to see it go with all the trouble they've had with players, especially when they've already got several other MMOs going. Kind of curious about that Agency one, myself.
Isn't the Agency coming out in a month or two. I've read the Agency will be a basic mmo. By basic I mean no player housing or crafting at least thats what I've read a few months back it may have changed by now.

I don't know if SOE will stop SWG with the KOTOR being released in 2009/2010. I'd really like to see a classic server. Even if the had to shut down all the server and leave four servers going two NGE/two Classic servers.

Why I say this is because Eve has one server. Thats a bonus idea having one server instead of 10+ servers.

Lespin
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Lespin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Announcement for this (supposed MMO) is today.

If it is a MMO, I bet SOE will keep the SWG servers going. I can see Lucasarts keeping to SW Liscenced MMOs going. 2 sources of money is always better than 1. $$$$

SWG Server merges are probably in the works, but its a ways off due to player housing. The upcoming free transfers is one way of mitigating that for now.

EVE Online has 1 "server" but it probably consists of more acutal computers than SWG uses for its servers.
Lespin, Rebel Pilot, Vanguard Fleet, Rebel Squadrons, Starsider & TCPrime
Becki, Shipwright, Vendor: ????? ?????, Rebel Outpost, Rori, Starsider
Shipwright FAQ | Y-8 Guide

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Official website: http://www.swtor.com/

Seems very Jedi-centered...

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Sobuno wrote:Official website: http://www.swtor.com/

Seems very Jedi-centered...
As were the other KoToR-games.

But, lets wait and see what it will bring.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:06 am

Kind of sorry there won't be any interaction with the characters from the Kotor games. 300 years later? Why couldn't it have been 10 years later? They really should have found a way to work Revan back into it, even if you had to overcome the entire Sith Empire just to see him/her.